lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Reloading Weapons
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-27-2001, 04:20 AM   #41
toms

how about having power ports in the walls (like half life) that power up your power cells?? just a thought.

then maybe you could overlaod your weapons by overfilling their power cells... making them far more powerful, but likely to break, jam, overheat or something....

as for reloading... as long as it is automatic (like half life) i don't mind... but i don't need another button to worry about..
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2001, 08:44 PM   #42
Wilhuf

I like the wall-mounted power station idea. Would add a little bit of strategy to gameplay: control the ammo stations to dominate a map. While we're at it, medical droids (a la Nar Shadda loading terminal) would be cool in place of (or in addition to) bacta packs.

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2001, 10:20 PM   #43
PreTZeL

yeah i like that
and i like the overheating idea too...
is it true that raven/lec/whoever is legally NOT allowed to use anything they see here? if so i think itd be smarter for us to shut up and let *them* figure it out

-26341985-markedcard0-

^^wants to get involved in a JK2 clan^^
PreTZeL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2001, 11:02 PM   #44
Krayt Tion

we don't have legal possession of any of these ideas to the best of my limited knowledge. i am sure though that if anyone here sent any of our unsolicited ideas for a game to them it would in fact become their intellectual property.

besides, no one is going to sue for including reloading animations featured in part of this discussion, 'cept maybe those deathmatch purists claiming the slightly altered pace of the game has ruined the enjoyment in their lives and caused them to be hospitalized for substance abuse as a result.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 12:12 AM   #45
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
i would bet a very needed part of my anatomy to bet that most people here(including me) would love to have LEC/Raven use our idea, that IS the main reason we come up with them in the first place, is it not?

as too overheating... it been mostly used in SW books/maybe film, for explosions. somebody sets their blaster to overheat, and it explodes, opening a wall, or whatever needed. hmm, thats not a bad idea either, sort of a crude prox mine. of course we already have those, so, i dunno if the idea is good for anything then, i guess i'll file it with the rest of 'em.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2001, 10:08 AM   #46
KillerBee

prays for no reloading..
KillerBee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2001, 07:39 AM   #47
chrispcarter

Wink

"Check out this image ! If you're interested in learining who this Dark Jedi babe is, check out the topic JK II inside info/ spoilers." (read the first page)

Uhh... sorry to dissapoint you, but that's 'Mara Jade' from a Star Wars Galaxy Magazine photo feature.

Oh, and regarding weapon reloads, I hope they put them in, but have a decent clip capacity (12+ for pistols, 25/30 for the E-11).

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Jedi_Tyrael ]

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me"
chrispcarter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2001, 01:35 AM   #48
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
ya, those pictures were for her SW-CCG card. i have the write up in SW Insider...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2001, 11:45 AM   #49
UberChild

I think there should be reloading for weapons that cant be deflected by the saber.. ie.. the blaster can be used till outta ammo, cos it can bedeflected, but the rocket or something similar should need to be reloaded every few shots.. that would make things fair to everyone.. dontcha think???

AMD 2600XP
512 mb RAM (400mhz)
G-force 3 ti 500
19'' monitor
80 GB + 30 GB drives
UberChild is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2001, 12:50 PM   #50
Sarcastic Saint

Well if one would have to look at the weapons in SW and then try to be realistic about it i'd have to say that reloading SHOULD be applied.
Why?? well simple really the weapons are all/mostly energy based not object or "bullet" based.
It's therefore fair to assume that a "clip", which is essentially a battery, after it's depleted should be replaced, hence the reloading.
Unless ofcourse there is a way (any way) to somehow recharge it and therefore never having to replace it.
Well my $0.02 cents on this subject....have a nice day....

"The stupidity is strong in that one"

Sarcastic Saint is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2001, 02:13 PM   #51
ed_silvergun

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilhuf:
<STRONG>I like the wall-mounted power station idea. Would add a little bit of strategy to gameplay: control the ammo stations to dominate a map. While we're at it, medical droids (a la Nar Shadda loading terminal) would be cool in place of (or in addition to) bacta packs.</STRONG>
I'd been meaning to bring that up on the forums for some time. I think medical droids would be a very cool idea. Maybe energy weapons could be charged by power droids wandering about the levels. You know... gonks...

*Ducks and covers, awaiting the inevitable verbal barrage*

Galactic Plumberman - For All Your Liquid Needs
ed_silvergun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2001, 02:32 PM   #52
KillerBee

1: HL mp had charge up health and charge up armour from wall mounted points.
2: HL dm Sucks.
3: EF had the silly charge up things
in sp. but had ammo in mp.. this is good even tho EFs mp sucked..
KillerBee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2001, 04:01 PM   #53
Krayt Tion

Wall-mounted health and armor units didn't add much to strategy of a Half-Life deathmatch. Most of the time you were dead before you ever thought about making it to one... unless you were one those lamers who camped them if there were a bunch in a central location... these units are more trouble then they're worth.

Wall-mounted energy dispensers or gonk energy dispensers... I can't say I'm jumping up and down on this one either. If it was either this or no reloading at all I would take this.

IMO, the actual reloading animations are half the fun and if no interesting animations could be incorporated into hooking up with a gonk or wall unit then I definitely wouldn't want it. Over all I'm not too thrilled with having to fill my power cell or energy weapon up every time it needs energy... I fill up enough gas in real life thank you.

Like the health units I can't see what really interesting strategy JK2 would gain from this. There is a reason why LEC didn't put medic droids in most of the levels... to concentrate more on the fighting, meanwhile supplying batca and health kits that were usually readily available to most in the level and relatively hard to camp.

Let's not kid ourselves here... the only strategy fixed power/health sources add is Can I Kill The People Trying To Get The Health/Energy Dispensers (camping) and Can I Kill The People Trying To Camp The Health/Energy Dispensers (Kill The Campers). Nothing I haven't seen before and none too exciting.

The gonk here has the most potential, because he is some what of a roaming powersource. So slow though... one would have to increase the speed of the gonk or find a different droid. Ask yourself though, would you really want to run around looking for a moving energy droid when you badly needed ammo? Personally, no.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:47 PM   #54
Syndrix

And so it occured that in one fell swoop Krayt Tion countered, be it overtook, all the other arguments appearing in the text thus far.

(Oh and my point, I agree, wall mounted terminals add nothing to a game, they really were not anything spectacular in EF compaired to the normal method of picking ammo up.)

Genius is limited, unfortunately stupidity is not thus so.
Syndrix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2001, 05:08 PM   #55
Krayt Tion

And the locals rejoiced that fine day?

Naw, most of that is just opinion, not 'fact', although it probably makes sense to more people then just me.
Old 08-12-2001, 05:22 PM   #56
Syndrix

Well obviously, while I agree with what you said, that was tongue-in-cheek.

When it involves such matters, fact is a rarity, quoted quite often and argued even more. Fact is relative to the person.

P.S But I still agree, Show me the mone... I mean energy cartridges Raven! (This is of course if they have reloading)

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]

Genius is limited, unfortunately stupidity is not thus so.
Syndrix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Reloading Weapons