lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jacen haters of the world unite
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-16-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Jacen haters of the world unite

As I understand it even Boba Fett made peace with Han because of what a **** his son is. I know I'm not the only one who's hoping that his death will be the happy ending for the series, so here's a thread to talk about it.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I'm in two minds, he was shaping up to be the ultimate character around the time of traitor, but now he's positively delusional. I know that Luke cant get much older because his force ghost looks about 50 years old in the legacy comics, and he's actually 59 in the novels... maybe it's not Jacen who dies at the end??

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Nancy Allen``
Banned

They were hinting at there being two endings in the works. One good, one bad.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Samuel Dravis

I want Jacen to die, even though I do not intend to ever read any of the books after NJO. Preferably a painful death, too; he is currently (and will probably stay) my most hated character in the EU.

Here's to hoping.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #5
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I think Jacen became really awesome, but its weird to see him going evil, being a goodie student during the Yuuzhan Vong war. I hope he dies an honorable death.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
Kadika
Rookie

I argee, Jacen is a ****, i wouldn't blame Fett for killing Jacen. Jacen really has it coming. Fett might just own Jacen. With or without his Mando army
Kadika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Given his popolarity that might well be a good ending, for Tett to do the job.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
Kadika
Rookie

Heh. I'm a "Mandalorian" and i would help... just joking. but I would love to read Fett killing Jacen

Old 11-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #9
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

That'd be cool, but nobody except Trevass writes Fett, and since Trevass isn't writing the last book (and I assume Jacen will live until the last book), I really doubt Fett gets to do the deed.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #10
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

although I'm a bigger fan of the comics than the novels, its already been stated that Jacen is an "unofficial" Sith, and that Darth Krayt's new order (which precedes Jacen's fall by 10 years) will maintain rule long after Jacen's death, so in my eyes he deserves to live, or something better than him getting killed should happen. I think he's too important a character to be just killed off, especially when we've got another 100 years to fill in the time line...

Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #11
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Maybe Jacen is yet another FAILURE who cannot keep his loyalty to the Sith order and got lured away again by the hypocracy of them jedis. Just like his grandpa, or his uncle.

The skywalker bloodline is just too slave-minded to be free.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #12
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I'm quite certain he's too far gone now. Even if redemption is possible how are Mara fans going to forgive him?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #13
Kadika
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinga1
That'd be cool, but nobody except Trevass writes Fett, and since Trevass isn't writing the last book (and I assume Jacen will live until the last book), I really doubt Fett gets to do the deed.
and that sucks...Fett should get the honor. then again so should Luke and Ben

Old 12-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #14
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I'd love it if Luke were the one who killed him.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #15
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

I'd love if Ben killed him, but it will most likely be Jaina, they both end up dead. I really do not HATE Jacen or am I a FAN of his, but to turn from a good guy to the bloodiest Sith Lord overnight, he really is committed, and the funny thing is, all of what is happening on the series would have been avoided if Lumiya had not interfered. In the end Jacen was beautifully manipulated, but he's still responsible for his acts.

Dark Side FTW

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #16
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I think I agree with Jaina when she said that Jacen died in the Embrace of Pain during his time captive with the Yuuzhan Vong.

I can't figure out if Jacen will live or die. I'm wondering if the Sith (I consider Jacen a wannabe Sith/Dark Jedi) will get involved/doublecross/assassinate Jacen. I don't see why the writers would involve the Korriban Sith without a good reason.

Plus, the Empire has yet to enter the picture. Afterall, they're freaking ruling the Galaxy again in Legacy.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #17
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Indeed, the empire is taking too long!!!! Or should I say the good Empire?!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #18
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
I'd love it if Luke were the one who killed him.
Luke? Not likely. He felt sorry enough with the Lumiya thing already. He wold probably go crazy hermit in a dessert if he should kill Jacen.

Fett wouldn't do it, and prefers to see the hero families deal with the whole thing themselves.

So its either Ben, Jaina or Leia.

Leia probably won't move in for a kill unless Jacen jumps into her 'saber deliberately, which is entirely possable.

Jaina would be nice, cause after this she can leave the order, hump that Fel kid, and rule the galaxy as an Empire, hopefully with an iron fist.

Ben... Would be Interesting seeing how this goes.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:57 AM   #19
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

^^^^
similar to what I would think could happen, the only difference being that, I think Luke's the only one even powerful enough to face him, and if Luke wont do it, Jacen won't lose to them... Unless they have him sacrifice himself or come back to the light (Yawns)

Old 12-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #20
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Actually Jaina technically have the same potential...

But yes, your yawn is so correct. From Darth Krayt's comments it seems that Jacen is a failure afterall, so it is unfortunately likely that he falls back to the light.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:11 PM   #21
Lord Foley

I think that Legacy of the Force Jacen and New Jedi Order Jacen are ridiculously different. There was absolutely zero character development- he simply came back from a 5 year hike around the galaxy and is an *******.

And wow, it sure makes a lot of sense that he would fall to the Dark Side to gain the power to preserve peace in the galaxy, since we all know that he definately didn't become the most power jedi ever and single handedly avert a near endless war across the whole galaxy (after preventing the genocide of his enemies). Oh wait, that's exactly what happened?

The writers are absolutely awful. I hate Legacy of the Force. It ruined the best character ever.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #22
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yeah, it is all kind of irrelevant since no matter what happens we know that it doesn't really affect anything in the long run. Jacen has been the worst wannabe so far, and a pretty weak Sith...

Oh well, I've found the Legacy comic series to be way more interesting anyway...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #23
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Oh well, I've found the Legacy comic series to be way more interesting anyway...
Can't speak for the books, as I haven't read the LotF nor the NJO ones, but I have the first TPB of the Legacy comic series and yes, it's really good.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
Lord XZantor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
I'd love if Ben killed him, but it will most likely be Jaina, they both end up dead. I really do not HATE Jacen or am I a FAN of his, but to turn from a good guy to the bloodiest Sith Lord overnight, he really is committed, and the funny thing is, all of what is happening on the series would have been avoided if Lumiya had not interfered. In the end Jacen was beautifully manipulated, but he's still responsible for his acts.
Dark Side FTW

To much like the Vader stuff.

I'd say it going to be Jaina, the hates him for court marshiling him, or whast ever. I would think it would be interesting to see the New Empire come into the equasion. Hey, maybe Jacen will join them and the'll rip the good ol' galexy in half...again....not for the first time...not for the last. To bad the Vong aren't around to help there good old buddy, *cought, cough*, out.....

ladies and gents, that would be a treat

PRIME Edit: whoops, I edited this instead of replying. I'm too powerful for my own good.

Exar Kun and Lord Hoth all rock!!!!!!

Go Jedi civil wars!!!!

Last edited by Prime; 01-17-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Lord XZantor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #25
sayoko
Rookie

should be like julius cesars death, everyone gets to stab him once...like first Ben, then Luke, then some other guys who dont like him, and just to make sure he doesnt get up again Fett puts some Blaster Bolts into his head, then send the corpse into some sun.

I think there was a contest to supply a name for his sith identy, mby their will be another contest....a far better contest.....
sayoko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord XZantor
To much like the Vader stuff.
Yeah, they seem to be going out of their way to both tie in and recreate the prequels. And Jacen just doesn't seem to be a threatening/scary/powerful Sith Lord, and I'm having a hard time taking him seriously.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #27
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Although I Read and Enjoy both the LOTF Novels and the Legacy Comics, the Last 2 or 3 Comics have done more and more to undermine Jacen's Struggle and "Unique" journey to the Darkside, and with Krayt's Sith Order alive and well on Korriban during the Novels, Jacen has been made to look like a bit of a pretender, It's a shame because I consider Jacen a great character, and a Very Powerful Force user, (He can Hold his own against Luke) but he's been overshadowed recently.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #28
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
acen has been made to look like a bit of a pretender
I've found that to be the case even without the Legacy comics. I mean, what has he actually done that's so spectacular? Part of the problem is that there are so many plotholes in the story in general.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #29
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

^^^
I agree that the story can jump around a bit, but I've found, a lot of info that I didn't really understand until I went back and jogged my memory with the 22 NJO novels and Dark nest crisis that preceded the LOTF
What I meant, is how in the Traitor Novel, Jacen's time with the Vong and his suffering at the hands of Vergere, and the Embrace of pain, His new knowledge of the force and his return to the Galaxy was cool and new, and he was known for it, then Krayt comes a long and it turns out he did it all before

Last edited by adamqd; 01-27-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #30
Fredi
El Guapo

I am planning in making a movement called Jacen(Darth Caedus) lovers of the world united.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #31
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I'm in!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #32
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Hmz...he is kind of a cool Sith Lord though. But the things he causes are just...bad for the Star Wars universe and us as readers....

I mean, take a look:
-He kills the Solo family line off. Unless Han get's...let's not go there. His daughter shares his blood, but has no official father and caries the name of her mother.
-Kills Mara Jade, one of the most loved EU people.
-Turns a Skywalker (Ben) to the Dark Side, so yet another generation of Skywalkers is tainted. (Anakin, Luke, Ben, Cade...all)
-Turns Anakin Solo's girl to the Dark Side (since many people loved the Anakin character, this sucks as well).

If you sum it up, he's a real son of a..Hutt.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #33
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
Hmz...he is kind of a cool Sith Lord though. But the things he causes are just...bad for the Star Wars universe and us as readers....

I mean, take a look:
-He kills the Solo family line off. Unless Han get's...let's not go there. His daughter shares his blood, but has no official father and caries the name of her mother.
-Kills Mara Jade, one of the most loved EU people.
-Turns a Skywalker (Ben) to the Dark Side, so yet another generation of Skywalkers is tainted. (Anakin, Luke, Ben, Cade...all)
-Turns Anakin Solo's girl to the Dark Side (since many people loved the Anakin character, this sucks as well).

If you sum it up, he's a real son of a..Hutt.
He is a Sith, dont expect him to do good stuffs ... :P haha ... but yeah they made him to terrible things to the SW universe.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2008, 03:50 AM   #34
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Like him or not, since the "Bring me Jacen Skywalker" utterance in NJO, he has been the focus of the post ROTJ EU. If he dies, who the heck is going to be the focus of the EU now?? No other character has been developed as much over so many books...

I personally am not chuffed by a YJK v2.0 with Ben as focus...does anyone want that

Still, Jacen did alot of things that no other force user seemed to be able to do, its unlikely he'll totally drop out of the picture....

I wonder what those LFL licensing people are up to!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #35
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Still, Jacen did alot of things that no other force user seemed to be able to do, its unlikely he'll totally drop out of the picture....
I don't know... In the end, the things he could do were a bit over-the-top if you ask me. Maybe it's better that some of his Force abilities die with him (flow-walking, please go away!).
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #36
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
Like him or not, since the "Bring me Jacen Skywalker" utterance in NJO, he has been the focus of the post ROTJ EU. If he dies, who the heck is going to be the focus of the EU now?? No other character has been developed as much over so many books...

I personally am not chuffed by a YJK v2.0 with Ben as focus...does anyone want that

I wonder what those LFL licensing people are up to!

mtfbwya
I, honestly, would like a YJK 2.0 with Ben. Maybe not exactly like YJK but just Ben and some other Jedi students having some adventures. For some reason these days all the books have to change the course of the entire galaxy instead of just developing new characters, or further developing established characters. I think for the next couple years we need stand alone books, or small trilogies that get us some new characters, since they seemed to be obsessed with killing people off for shock value.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 AM   #37
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

spoiler:
I thought Jaina killed Jacen after fighting for 30 seconds while he warned Terella or something to leave?

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #38
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
spoiler:
I thought Jaina killed Jacen after fighting for 30 seconds while he warned Terella or something to leave?

spoiler:
Jaina and Jacen fight twice, for what i can tell are quite long battle's, in the first battle Luke masks Jaina's presence with his own, wrong footing Jacen and taking his arm at the elbow in the process, Jaina survives just short of disembowelment. The second fight is as bloody, and with emotions all over the place and Jacens thoughts being with his young daughter, Jaina reluctantly cut's her brother from armpit to heart... and he was dead.

I was disappointed he died, but he didn't go out like a complete bitch

Old 08-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #39
Kado Sunrider

Current Game: KotOR, again.
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
spoiler:
Jaina and Jacen fight twice, for what i can tell are quite long battle's, in the first battle Luke masks Jaina's presence with his own, wrong footing Jacen and taking his arm at the elbow in the process, Jaina survives just short of disembowelment. The second fight is as bloody, and with emotions all over the place and Jacens thoughts being with his young daughter, Jaina reluctantly cut's her brother from armpit to heart... and he was dead.

I was disappointed he died, but he didn't go out like a complete bitch
yep.

spoiler:
The next series of books is to be based on Allana, the daughter of Jacen and Tenel Ka, and the adopted daughter of Han and Leia.

Someone above mentioned that the Solo line was ended, not true. Allana changed her name at the end of Invincible to Amelia Solo
Kado Sunrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Jacen haters of the world unite