lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Model weighting?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
=XV=
Lurker

Question Model weighting?

Greetings,

I've an unusual request. Most people tend to ask for someone who can create a complete new model for them from scratch. What I would like to ask you (for those who are interested and willing to help of course), is if you could do model weighting?

For those who would like to receive more information and for those who are willing to take on this request; feel free to reply in this thread.
=XV= is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
That's not really an unusual request (most people seem to have enough patience to learn to model, but not enough to even try weighting). I've seen a dozen people ask for someone to weight their model and I think of those people none have been successful.

You will be more likely to get what you want by doing it yourself (unfortunately) since model weighting is arguably the boring and least entertaining part of modeling, and most modelers are hardly willing to weight their own models, much less someone else's.

There are some great tutorials out there if you need somewhere to start. I recommend this tutorial or this tutorial to start with.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
=XV=
Lurker

Thank you kindly. However, I do indeed urge, would there be no one willing to assist me in this matter?
=XV= is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Modeling > Model weighting?