lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What order do you do the planets in and why?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #81
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
So for those of you that do, why Kashyyyk first, or why Tatooine first, whatever the case may be?
No matter what planet I go to first, I either get the Mission or Bastila side quest trigger first. That causes me to leave that planet before getting the Star Map and head to Tatoonine. You can’t finish the Bastila side quest with her mother unless you visit the cave with the Star Map, so I always get Tatoonine Star Map first. As Achilles wrote, I go to Kashyyyk 2nd because Mission’s brother needs Tach glands. I visit planets as I receive crew quest. After all, these people are watching the PC back, so the PC needs to keep them happy. Good thing we don’t have to pay fuel cost for the Ebon Hawk.

Now when playing darkside I focus more on completing the mission and less on my crew.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #82
JCarter426

Hmm, interesting reasons, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I try very hard to let the story direct me to where I should go next. Revan in the game doesn't know that Jolee is on Kashyyyk, therefore I play as though I don't know either.
Heh, fair enough.

I'm thinking that from a story standpoint, it makes sense to do Kashyyyk last. Zaalbar obviously has family issues, so he'll likely try to steer everyone away from it. This would place Korriban at third, which isn't that unreasonable seeing as the player's probably ready to take on Korriban after two planets. Then it's a toss-up between Manaan and Tatooine, probably Manaan first since it's closer and there's a strong Republic presence.

If you didn't get Jolee so late, it might actually be worth trying.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #83
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I'm thinking that from a story standpoint, it makes sense to do Kashyyyk last.
Except that Griff asks you to go there 2nd.

Quote:
Zaalbar obviously has family issues, so he'll likely try to steer everyone away from it.
He doesn't really though. He gives a bunch of warnings and has a couple "I have a bad feeling about this" moments, but that's about it.

Quote:
This would place Korriban at third, which isn't that unreasonable seeing as the player's probably ready to take on Korriban after two planets.
Right, but again, you could also be going because of your conversations with Carth.

Quote:
Then it's a toss-up between Manaan and Tatooine, probably Manaan first since it's closer and there's a strong Republic presence.
That certainly is one way. Another would be that you'd do Tattooine first because of Mission's sidequest.

Quote:
If you didn't get Jolee so late, it might actually be worth trying.
By the time you leave Dantooine, you have all your party members, save two. One of them is on Kashyyyk. The other is on Tattooine. If the story points you to Tattooine and then to Kashyyyk, then "late" becomes kinda relative, no (you still have 5 more places to visit before getting to Star Forge)?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #84
JCarter426

Quote:
Except that Griff asks you to go there 2nd.
Well, that's assuming that you bothered to help Griff.

Quote:
He doesn't really though. He gives a bunch of warnings and has a couple "I have a bad feeling about this" moments, but that's about it.
Eh, I guess. Still, better safe than sorry.

Quote:
Right, but again, you could also be going because of your conversations with Carth.

That certainly is one way. Another would be that you'd do Tattooine first because of Mission's sidequest.
That too.

Quote:
By the time you leave Dantooine, you have all your party members, save two. One of them is on Kashyyyk. The other is on Tattooine. If the story points you to Tattooine and then to Kashyyyk, then "late" becomes kinda relative, no (you still have 5 more places to visit before getting to Star Forge)?
Well, I mean if you do Kashyyyk last.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #85
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Well, that's assuming that you bothered to help Griff.
Yes, it does assume that. My point is that if you follow the story, that's where it points you.

Quote:
Well, I mean if you do Kashyyyk last.
Of course. But again, if you're following the story, why would you go to Kashyyyk last?
Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #86
JCarter426

Well, I just see a greater inclination to go to the others first--Tatooine for three of the party member quests, Korriban for Dustil, and Manaan is probably the safest of the four, seeing as it isn't run by Czerka.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #87
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

I understand that as a matter of preference, you make other choices. I'm not saying that's wrong, only that it isn't following the story.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #88
JCarter426

How is it not following the story?

I don't really see the need to go to Kashyyyk early on, unless you get the Tachs for Griff, which I never do. As you said, the PC doesn't know about Jolee, and there's no other compelling reason to go there, while there are reasons for the other three.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #89
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Well if you're not doing any of the side quests then there's no compelling reason to go to any of the planets. For all the character knows, they're all "Manaan" (or "Manaan" is an inescapable death trap).

If you are talking to your party NPCs (and doing their quests, and following the story), then it's Tattooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban, Manaan. If you're not, then you're not, and any sequence is perfectly suitable and no better (or worse) than any other.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #90
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Right here is fine.

Three people have confirmed that it works precisely like this and yet still you argue?

Darth Bandon engages Revan before before the Korriban Star Map, only if 4th Star Map has been found first (i.e. if Korriban is your 2nd to last star map). Otherwise if Korriban is the 4th star map, then Bandon will engage you on your way back to the academy, after you've whooped whichever Sith Masters you've decided to whoop.
I'm not a subject of group think. It could be done, but it would require that you go through Korriban entirely before going through the final trial. Otherwise, you would encounter Bandon on your way through that level.

It could be done, but you would have to transition DIRECTLY from the academy to the tomb. Otherwise, you would run into him before you got the second-last star map.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #91
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
I'm not a subject of group think. It could be done, but it would require that you go through Korriban entirely before going through the final trial. Otherwise, you would encounter Bandon on your way through that level.

It could be done, but you would have to transition DIRECTLY from the academy to the tomb. Otherwise, you would run into him before you got the second-last star map.
You're more than welcome to try it yourself and then post the results. Play the game. After the cutscene introducing Bandon, go to Korriban. Complete the planet and get the Star Map. Then let us know whether he ambushes you with your party before you get the Star Map (as you insist) or after as I claim (and several others have confirmed).

That would seem to be the quickest way to settle this definitively, no?

P.S. I just want to point out that you're not just calling me a liar, but Redhawke and mimartin as well. If you do confirm what I suggest, I think it would be appropriate to apologize to them also.

Last edited by Achilles; 08-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #92
JCarter426

Quote:
Well if you're not doing any of the side quests then there's no compelling reason to go to any of the planets.
Eh? I'm not saying I never do any of the side quests. I just never bother to help out Griff. He left his sister alone on a strange world, and has successfully failed at every job he's ever had, so why should I help him out? Credits don't grow on trees, you know.

But to each his own, I guess.

Last edited by JCarter426; 08-23-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #93
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
I'm not a subject of group think.
What any of us think isn't going to rewrite the scripts that spawn Bandon after the Star Map. Unless of course, as Achilles mentioned above, you're calling several people liars.

But by all means, play through Korriban if it'll satisfy your need to feel different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #94
Ravnas
Rookie

Hmm, On my first ever playthrough I was Kashyyyk, Korriban, Tatooine, Manaan. Nowadays I'm either Kashyyyk,Tatooine,Manaan, and Korriban, or Kashyyyk, Manaan, Tatooine, And Korriban.

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 AM   #95
GwannaSauna
Rookie

1st - Endar Spire
2nd - Taris
3rd - Dantooine
4th - Manaan
5th - Tatooine
6th - Kashyyyk
7th - Leviathan
8th - Lehon
9th - Star Forge

I usually hate beating the game, so I don't collect the Star Maps. But I usually play Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Tatooine in any random order, so who cares?

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #96
Querida
Lurker

Current Game: SWKOTOR
Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, or Korriban. Sometimes, I switch it up. If, do a new character. So, I won't get bored going to the same planets each time, I played.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?
Anakin Skywalker: Don't say that Master... You're the closest thing I have to a father... I love you. I don't want to cause you pain.
Querida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #97
Yeaimmanerd
Lurker

1st - Endar spire - thats the start of the game!
2nd - Taris - thats where we end up
3rd - Dantooine - cuz thats where we go lol
4th - tatooine - by the time i get done with dantooine usually i've gotten far enough with canderous, mission and bastila that they want to go there, plus i can pick up hk-47. ALSO after every planet i return to dantooine and tatooine to hunt and get some extra xp, so tatooine is very important
5th - kashyyk - at this point im wanting to get jolee so i head over there, plus after i rescue griff they want me to go to kashyyk if i choose to, also to help the story along with Big Z i head there
6th - Manaan - At some point this will be for jolee
7th - generally this is when i get picked up by saul
8th - i finish the general story with korriban, i don't really enjoy that world very much, and since bastilla is already gone she can't *not* come on this mission anyway
9th - The unknown world, this is just how the story goes
10th - star forge, i win

My name is Amber, message me on yahoo to chat kotor, my sn is yeaimmanerd
Yeaimmanerd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #98
Narco
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaimmanerd View Post
1st - Endar spire - thats the start of the game!
2nd - Taris - thats where we end up
3rd - Dantooine - cuz thats where we go lol
4th - tatooine - by the time i get done with dantooine usually i've gotten far enough with canderous, mission and bastila that they want to go there, plus i can pick up hk-47. ALSO after every planet i return to dantooine and tatooine to hunt and get some extra xp, so tatooine is very important
5th - kashyyk - at this point im wanting to get jolee so i head over there, plus after i rescue griff they want me to go to kashyyk if i choose to, also to help the story along with Big Z i head there
6th - Manaan - At some point this will be for jolee
7th - generally this is when i get picked up by saul
8th - i finish the general story with korriban, i don't really enjoy that world very much, and since bastilla is already gone she can't *not* come on this mission anyway
9th - The unknown world, this is just how the story goes
10th - star forge, i win
lol, same here

Narco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #99
Yeaimmanerd
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narco View Post
lol, same here
win

My name is Amber, message me on yahoo to chat kotor, my sn is yeaimmanerd
Yeaimmanerd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #100
KeselvonTresel
Rookie

Current Game: TES V: Skyrim
1st - Endar Spire
2nd - Taris
3rd - Dantooine
4th - Tatooine
5th - Manaan
6th - Kashyyk
7th - Leviathan
8th - Korriban
9th - Brotherhood of Shadow (I know it's a mod but hey)
10th - Lehon or Rakata Prime or whatever you prefer
11th - Star Forge
12th - Lehon for the epic party with cake.
KeselvonTresel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #101
Smashbro1000
Rookie

1. Tatooine
2. Kashyyyk
3. Mannan
4. Korriban

Why? Because I've gotten used to it.
Smashbro1000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #102
Sam Spain
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascendant_Justice View Post
Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban

It's what Wookieepedia's articles assume is the order the player chooses.
It's what I go for. Manaan and Korriban are pretty hard compared to the other two.

Follow me on Twitter, it is your destiny.
Sam Spain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #103
Aaron00018
Rookie

Current Game: kotor 1 + 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth krunchy View Post
What's your favorite order to do the planets in in KotOR I? Why?
Usually I like to do Mannaan first, since walking under water is sooo slow, and takes alot of time and patient.

You also get alot of xp cause of all the stuff to do.

Plus , I luv water. And that world is beautiful.

The 2nd planet I go to is Korriban. Because, again, the starmap is hard to get at .

The other planets, I do in different orders, and usually just avoid activating the star maps so as to just finish the other quests to gain xp. That way I can get to level 20 without having yet gathered all the star maps yet.

Though now I've created my own party member character which allows me to add 5000 xp everytime i talk to the character.

May The Force Be With You.
Aaron00018 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #104
Roller123
Rookie

I think we can safely assume that, omitting forced choices, the first planet is Tatooine and the last planet is Korriban.

So it its Kashyyyk vs Manaan. Picking one, the other becomes the choice for the 3rd map, it it is only needed to decide which planet should be second.

Decisive factors:
-Dangers of Kashyyyk vs security of Manaan.
-A Mysterious Message from Senni Vek urging us to travel to Manaan
-Brother quest for Mission, suggesting Kashyyyk
-Find out what is wrong with Zaalbar on Kashyyyk
-Metagame: Jolee is on Kashyyyk
-Metagame: Jolee has quests on Manaan

Even if i dont care about the Wookee, nor about metagame, the second planet appears to be Kashyyyk. Consequently the 3rd planet is Manaan. For the resulting order of Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban.
Roller123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #105
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I do Kashyyyk up until the point where I can get Jolee. Then I go to Tatooine to get HK. Their comments in game are epic.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #106
Feagildin

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller123 View Post
Even if i dont care about the Wookee, nor about metagame, the second planet appears to be Kashyyyk. Consequently the 3rd planet is Manaan. For the resulting order of Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban.

Also, if you do the planets in this order, you get 'bonus' loot from Calo Nord (two Heavy Mandalorian Blasters) and Darth Bandon (his 'special' Double Bladed Lightsaber), which only drop from them on Tatooine and Manaan, respectively.

Having said that, I normally do:
DS: Tatooine, Korriban, Manaan, Kashyyyk.
LS: Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, Korriban.

Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #107
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
I do them in the canon order - Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Korriban, but I might switch it up on my next play through if it has any real effect on gameplay, quests, items, xp, etc.
Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #108
milestails

LS: Tatooine, Korriban, Kashyyyk, Manaan

-So you can redeem and visit with Yuthura and other Sith Academy students before Dantooine is bombed. Also this order allows you to complete your party's sidequests as they come up.

DS: Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Korriban
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #109
Darth krunchy
Rookie

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

My diapers have gone over to the dark side.
Darth krunchy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > What order do you do the planets in and why?