lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: which party member did you think was the coolest in TSL
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #41
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
Yeh I liked Bao as well. Too bad most of his stuff was cut out or not completed. He had the potential to be so much better. Although, when it gets to the point that all you can say to him is never mind, it gets annoying. And he's a Zabrak...that get him some cool points, right there. Still...

Mira FTW!

~HOP
Amen!

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #42
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
True Kreia is the most developed. I would say she is the best character idea, as she is so much more complicated than the rest. She was well wriiten and voiced.
Eh, Atton is a pretty complex character as well.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #43
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Eh, Atton is a pretty complex character as well.
Ah, he didn't said he wasn't, just that Kreia was more. Still, I will always feel that, like much of the K2 party, was underused and thus felt like an idiot.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #44
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
I think Brianna was a fairly complex character. One fanfiction described how everyone in TSL followed the exile because she and they shared a wound of some kind. Brianna's beliefs that her father and the Exile endured the same fate seemed very powerful. Her character was further enhanced by how her sisters regarded her badly because of her heritage. This was underutilized, but could have lead to a much greater subplot.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #45
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Ah, he didn't said he wasn't, just that Kreia was more.
Heh, fair enough.

Quote:
Still, I will always feel that, like much of the K2 party, was underused and thus felt like an idiot.
Eh, not any more underused than the K1 party, which is just a bunch of undeveloped archetypes, but never mind that.

Atton...eh, what I find interesting about him is that he's spent so much time trying to block out everyone else that he's lost his sense of identity. It's quite interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
One fanfiction described how everyone in TSL followed the exile because she and they shared a wound of some kind.
That's...erm...not true, but never mind that.

Quote:
Her character was further enhanced by how her sisters regarded her badly because of her heritage. This was underutilized, but could have lead to a much greater subplot.
Unfortunately the fight between Brianna and her sisters was cut along with the rest of the game's ending. *sighs*

Old 08-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #46
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
I personally thought HK and Atton were the coolest, mainly due to my Sith-like nature. If I wasn't, I would choose Atton and Brianna.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #47
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Eh, not any more underused than the K1 party, which is just a bunch of undeveloped archetypes, but never mind that.
Could you please develop? Because not only once that perpassed my mind.

Quote:
Atton...eh, what I find interesting about him is that he's spent so much time trying to block out everyone else that he's lost his sense of identity. It's quite interesting.
Not that his backstory is not interesting, but it just happens to fast and ends too fast.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #48
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Bah, never mind. You don't want to hear me babble, trust me.

Quote:
Not that his backstory is not interesting, but it just happens to fast and ends too fast.
Eh, true. To be fair, K1 did take things slower (in a good way), though I found the characters of K2 to be more interesting overall. Maybe the developers of K3 will manage to combine the best of both games.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #49
Ravnas
Rookie

Though I liked Kreia the best as a character. Honestly T3 was probably the coolest thing ever in TSL. Gameplay wise he was far better than everyone else till they hit level 10, and he also gets two solo missions all to himself. And he kills three HK-50s? Awesome

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #50
Revan 411
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
I personally thought HK and Atton were the coolest, mainly due to my Sith-like nature. If I wasn't, I would choose Atton and Brianna.
Really? Cause I do agree with you to some degree.

But overall, the most interesting Character in KOTOR II has got to be Kriea and The Exile.

The Exile, has a dark past, and has a more personality then Revan (In KOTOR I, but I blame BioWare for that part) and the relationships between Revan and The Exile, are left as a plot twist for a KOTOR III (Which I hope is true, and all this is just my opinion)

But, I still like Revan, I just don't like how BioWare made him in KOTOR I. In KOTOR II he's more developed then he was in KOTOR I, so its a tie between Revan and The Exile in my opinion.

And Kriea, there is nothing to be said about her. Period.

Quote:
Okay, sit back while I type a long post.

First off, Mission, she's just a 14 years old and she's only useful on Taris. After the whole brother side quest, she's as useless as a garbage bag.

Second, Juhani was added at the last minute of the game. She has the most useless dialogue in the whole game, and half of her story was cut, so there isn't any needs to get her in your party. Just kill her, that's all I do.

Third, Zaalabar is the third useless party member in KOTOR I. He has no personalty, all he does is growls, and after Kashyyyk, there isn't any more need of him.

T3-M4, is useless in KOTOR I, but he makes up for it in KOTOR II. But still useless in KOTOR I.

The only interesting party members in KOTOR I are Carth, Bastila, Jolee, HK-47 and Mandalore. That's it, there isn't anymore interesting characters then them. Everyone else is generic.

In KOTOR II, there are only two party members that aren't that useful, GOTO and Bao-Dur. Atton, was complex. His story is very interesting, and is not the way you make it out to be.

Handmaiden is very unique and interesting again, if you ACTUALLY talk to her, and pay attention, then you'll find out more about Revan, Malak, the wars and stuff.

I don't even need to go over other characters. I'll stop rambling now.

Last edited by Revan 411; 08-23-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #51
Melly

I loved Juhani in the first game for the simple reason that her problems weren't solvable by Revan in 8 easy steps, (unlike all the other party members), because her worst enemy is herself. And that's not going to just go away with some female bonding and a latte (or the SW equivalent of a latte).

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #52
Corinthian
Banned

In TSL? Mandalore. Easily. HK-47 was nowhere near as funny, and every other party member had enough emotional baggage that it made me want to gag.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #53
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
First off, Mission, she's just a 14 years old and she's only useful on Taris. After the whole brother side quest, she's as useless as a garbage bag.

Second, Juhani was added at the last minute of the game. She has the most useless dialogue in the whole game, and half of her story was cut, so there isn't any needs to get her in your party. Just kill her, that's all I do.

Third, Zaalabar is the third useless party member in KOTOR I. He has no personalty, all he does is growls, and after Kashyyyk, there isn't any more need of him.

T3-M4, is useless in KOTOR I, but he makes up for it in KOTOR II. But still useless in KOTOR I.
While I don't agree with most that was said, how come that makes them underdeveloped achetypes? If there's one thing your party on both Kotors are is clichéd.

Quote:
The only interesting party members in KOTOR I are Carth, Bastila, Jolee, HK-47 and Mandalore. That's it, there isn't anymore interesting characters then them. Everyone else is generic.
Your opinion. Mine is that, aside from Atton and Kreia, everyone else on K2 were undereveloped and didn't looked human enough - nor Wookie or Zabrak enough.

Quote:
In KOTOR II, there are only two party members that aren't that useful, GOTO and Bao-Dur.
Again you seem to confuse what you're talking about. This isn't about usefulness.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #54
GwannaSauna
Rookie

I dunno, his voice was calm, annnnnnd, he was a nice guy

NOTE: In case you can't see the pic, it's Bao-Dur

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > which party member did you think was the coolest in TSL