lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ewoks VS. Elite Stormtrooper Batallion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #41
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

mobile fluffy meatshields...

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #42
Relenzo2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
Although, if you think about it, it DOES give the battle of Endor that 'epic self-sacrifice' tone it was orginally intended to have (with Han). Ewok suiicide bombers...never heared of them, but it sounds believable as a reason for them beating the Stormies.
Ignor him, Ztakler... Those Ewoks wer enslaved, and had technological actual bombs strapped to them.
e
Huge Ewok home turf bonus+time they spent preparing (all those traps)+Chewie stealing enemy vehicle(and being the only good driver)+Han Solo+Luke(as Vader said, even the ability to destroy a planet is nothing when placed next to the role of the Force. For Force's sake, the Prophecy was almost fufilled here! And Luke is the son of the Chosen One, and Vader wasn't there unless he was offscreen like the Ewok Bombers)+A rebel strike force armed with guns most people seem to ignore= MAJOR PWNAGE GO WICKETT! And shame, all you GL haters! Really now!

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!

Last edited by Relenzo2; 07-10-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Because I felt like it.
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #43
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Well, it's obvious that the Imperial troops did lose eventually, but the most the ewoks did was serve as a major distraction and surprise attack force, rather than inflicting the bulk of the casualties.
Rather like the Gungans in Episode I...

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 AM   #44
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
The Ewok concept was totally stupid, IMO. Maybe a meter taller would have been acceptable, but noo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace MacLeod View Post
Ewoks suck.
Amen.
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #45
Relenzo2
Forumite

That seems like pretty baseless hatred, there.

I realize some of you think Star Wars shouldn't have been so 'cute' but, well, suck it up, because this is what Star Wars IS, and you are fans if you're on this forum. George Lucas wasn't trying to follow canon, or, for that matter, hardcore fan expectations, he was SHAPING them.

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #46
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I hate Ewoks, but being A Star Wars fan I love them at the same time like I love the Gungans. But I still don't understnad why didn't the Empire own the Ewoks completely, where were the AT-AT's? Or the Tie Bombers/Fighters, sure there are trees but its not Kashyykk! They can still fly around and bomb the villages!!!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #47
gallandro

The thing is, that ewok battle is the summation and climax of the entire saga... and the fact that the ewoks won is the point of the entire theme of the saga: That technology has all the obvious advantages, but when it comes right down to it, the drive, determination, and spirit of living, breathing people will overcome those cold advantages.

That was one of the original concepts (except the ewoks were wookiees) when Star Wars was still on the drawing board. I know they technically aren't human, but the theme is about the power of the "human spirit."

Now, from a more technical standpoint, the ewok victory completely fits. Typically, people fighting for their homes and for their very freedom will have a spirit that is unmatched by any technilogical power... Although, to be fair, I probably wouldn't feel too comfortable saying that to someone from Alderaan.
gallandro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Original Trilogy > Ewoks VS. Elite Stormtrooper Batallion