lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: DMM Even Better Than I Thought
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Tomak Ta-Zak
Rookie

DMM Even Better Than I Thought

The DMM is fantastic, I have been doing a lot of playing around like setting up 20+ blocks of crates and just blasting them. They did a fantastic job with every detail, the detachable ceiling fans/vents/etc. The doors are kinda a cool thing, they keep adjusting to what ever you force push it too and its fun to fling guys off of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...4Ever/sith.jpg
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. Reposting the same image or another large image again will net you an infraction. ~ SWK Staff
Tomak Ta-Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
JediLandon
Rookie

Sounds sweet wish i could play it
JediLandon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Ryazan
Rookie

It meets my expectations, that's for sure.
Ryazan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
Tomak Ta-Zak
Rookie

I'm pretty sure in some other environments its going to be fantastic, Nexus Prime and Cloud City seem like a fun place to mess around with those features haha.

Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. Reposting the same image or another large image again will net you an infraction. ~ SWK Staff
Old 08-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
I like bashing out all the windows and watching items get sucked out into space. Too bad the player can't.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Ryazan
Rookie

Why is it too bad that you can't get sucked out?
Old 08-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
Tomak Ta-Zak
Rookie

Would be hilarious, I also had a lot of fun screwing around with the tie fighters. An awesome thing was launching force push bolts at em. Funniest one I've done was pick up a stormie and just let him sit in the air then get blasted away by the Tie which was destroyed to ^.^ This game makes me so evil!

Old 08-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #8
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryazan View Post
Why is it too bad that you can't get sucked out?
Quote:
Would be hilarious
That's why.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
Ryazan
Rookie

I still think it's weird how even in the 360/PS3 version a TIE fighter can be blown up by a Stormtrooper. And isn't it hilarious enough that the Stormtroopers get sucked out?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
Tomak Ta-Zak
Rookie

Yeah I mean Lucas always wanted humor in the Star Wars movies but in the games you wouldn't assume it as much, haha here is the perfect example of what he wanted.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
Bazil
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomak Ta-Zak View Post
The DMM is fantastic, I have been doing a lot of playing around like setting up 20+ blocks of crates and just blasting them.
Not DMM.

Quote:
They did a fantastic job with every detail, the detachable ceiling fans/vents/etc.
Not DMM.

Quote:
The doors are kinda a cool thing,
That is DMM, and although it is impressive on the doors, it was not used at all to the extent it should and it had the potential to be a lot better. The doors were plentiful in the demo to be sure, almost as if the doors were the only things that they could use DMM on well and so they simply put like 10 of them in the demo instead of adding other things.

The only things that were using the DMM system were the doors, certain panels on walls, and the glass in the "tutorial module". (That I could find)
Bazil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
Ali1392
Rookie

what about the wires hanging from the celing?
Ali1392 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
it was not used at all to the extent it should and it had the potential to be a lot better.
If you're the expert then, would explain how the developers should have used it?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
Bazil
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
If you're the expert then, would explain how the developers should have used it?
Oh I'm no expert, I'm simply saying that when having such a groundbreaking system in a game. A system that alone might very well attract customers and add a whole new dimension to the game... That you might use it on more than just a few items, especially in a demo.

For example they might have had the demo take place on a planet, the Digital Molecular Matter rendering of wood is especially impressive, which is why it was what they used to demonstrate DMM in the tech demo.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #15
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Quote:
Oh I'm no expert, I'm simply saying that when having such a groundbreaking system in a game. A system that alone might very well attract customers and add a whole new dimension to the game... That you might use it on more than just a few items, especially in a demo.

For example they might have had the demo take place on a planet, the Digital Molecular Matter rendering of wood is especially impressive, which is why it was what they used to demonstrate DMM in the tech demo.
They got the DMM point across...if you wanna see it be used on wood you can watch the videos, so you know what it's like.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #16
Bazil
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
They got the DMM point across...
Well that's the thing, they got the point that it is very impressive across, true. However it also made it seem as if DMM will only be used on a handful of items on occasion, which would be a real waste and not using it to its full potential.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #17
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Quote:
Well that's the thing, they got the point that it is very impressive across, true. However it also made it seem as if DMM will only be used on a handful of items on occasion, which would be a real waste and not using it to its full potential.
I don't think people will be ignorant enough to assume that DMM will only be used on a few items that were in a demo.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
Bazil
Lurker

Quote:
I don't think people will be ignorant enough to assume that DMM will only be used on a few items that were in a demo.
No, but I didn't mean those specific items, I meant to that extent. Meaning, roughly 3 different items per enviorment.

Ps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1392 View Post
what about the wires hanging from the celing?
I'm quite sure that's Havok, the physics engine.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Well, in any case, they showed what the DMM can do. People will buy the game. LA will get money. End of story.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #20
Nicomon
Rookie

Quote:
Well, in any case, they showed what the DMM can do. People will buy the game. LA will get money. End of story.
/thread
Nicomon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > DMM Even Better Than I Thought