lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TFU for PC?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #161
teodesetkata
Rookie
 
teodesetkata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 90
I think the game should and needs to be released for PC, too. I mean, look at LucasArts! A shame! It hasn't released any PC Star Wars games for a very, I mean very, long time. The last one I recall is LEGO Star Wars II. I mean, don't tell me LA has grown soft.


teodesetkata is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #162
chillaxin
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
most of the discussion seems to stem from a technical perspective.

there are various ways in which LA has stated there won't be a PC release--most of them qualified or implied.

i'm more inclined to believe this is a marketing issue. Star Wars is a bread earner, has been for decades. how many people do you think would pick up a current-gen console with the belief it won't be released on PC? i know i will be.

after sales peak, there'll probably be discreet announcements of a 'probable' PC release, having only just overcome issues with PC development. maybe even just before release, betting on the fact most people won't want to wait.

either way, I think picking up a console is a good deal anyway. PS3 in my hot little hands in a few weeks.
chillaxin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #163
varfare
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
No, good fps can by only done for pc. The meaning of fps games are your aiming, movement and battle sense. You can't get that all on consoles. Autoaim+one hit zone on hotbox really sux...

About Crysis... This game has ONLY good graphics and thats why it's not selling good. Just take a look on Stalker. This game is not designed for multiplayer, it had just good graphics for that time but it had gameplay, climate etc. It was really good game. Crysis don't have any (ohh, it have cool trees chopping which looks really poor). And piracy... it's really heighten. Yes, the piracy is the problem but it's not the reason to do not make game on pc. Pc players are mostly high-core players or they are more demanding than console players. Face it - console players are mostly casual ones which don't know what real game is. Consoles have nice action games and for me nothing more. If you firtsly say that the game for pc will be incredible, will contain everything which other games didn't have and this game prove to be ****ty (for example Quake Wars or Crysis) the producers say "hey, why our game don't sale good? It becasue piracy!"...

PS The talk about pc being too slow for TFU is kinda nonsense. Take look on CellFactor http://www.cellfactorrevolution.com/ . This game is totally unoptimized for pcs without Ageia Psyhx but it works really good on dual core cpu w/o psyh card. I'm 100% sure that you could easilly run it at pc without this funny psyhx card if it would be designed for it. It only has multiple object which can move. I can gain same effect in HL2 if I would spawn a lot of crates but it runs smoother. Another point is that almost none of new games for pc don't use dual cores. Yes, few have partial support for it but it's still not 100% of dual core potential. For example Quake Wars have command to use both cores. The feature was added in some patch and it gives about 40% fps boost and, if belive producers, it's still not all what dual core can give.

Last edited by varfare; 04-23-2008 at 02:51 PM.
varfare is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #164
HK-52
Rookie
 
HK-52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost in Mustafar
Posts: 173
If they make it for PC (It won't happen) it should need a lot of PC


Apology: Please sorry me for my grammar and my spelling, my translating protocols are obsolete.
(My motherlanguaje is spanish) (Mi idioma natal es el espaņol [castellano])

Kotor: Revenge of Revan MOD site: http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/
KotOR: Revenge of Revan Thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...=186405&page=1
HK-52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #165
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Yes. Lots of PC.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 04-27-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wha?
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #166
LordSerion
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 93
Well, I've just seen an article about a new processor, and it's definitely awesome. If those get to the market, they can't rant about "not enough power in PC" , cos in a few years they won't cost that much.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #167
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSerion View Post
Well, I've just seen an article about a new processor, and it's definitely awesome. If those get to the market, they can't rant about "not enough power in PC" , cos in a few years they won't cost that much.
TFU is being released this September, not in a few years. LucasArts can't sit around and wait for more powerful PC parts to be released just to make a PC port.

Not that PCs being "underpowered" is really the reason they're not making a PC version anyway.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #168
LordSerion
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 93
The "underpoweredness" was their official reason for not making it for PC. I really don't know why is it such a big deal, to play on lower graphics.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #169
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
I know, and that reason is BS. They need to be honest and just come out and say that they won't make enough of a profit to warrant a PC version, rather than thinking we're all stupid enough to believe whatever they tell us about power requirements and such.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #170
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmorgy View Post
I know, and that reason is BS. They need to be honest and just come out and say that they won't make enough of a profit to warrant a PC version, rather than thinking we're all stupid enough to believe whatever they tell us about power requirements and such.
They do? Really, would that change anything, Weasel?


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #171
LordSerion
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 93
I wouldn't be so angry, for one. I hate when I'm treated like an idiot.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #172
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del View Post
They do?
Yes. Trying to sugarcoat the issue to make it sound like they're not making a PC version because they can't rather than because they don't want to doesn't really make PC-only gamers feel any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del View Post
Really, would that change anything, Weasel?
It might alter my opinion of LA slightly. Not much more than that.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #173
Justus
 
Justus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bespin
Posts: 380
It's no big surprise that it isn't being released for the PC though. Gamestop seems to have a lot of their floor space dedicated to console gaming these days, Best Buy seems to be doing the same. I don't like it any more than the next PC gamer, but it's just where the chips are falling at the moment. I'd rather have it on PC, I'd rather have any game on PC. I was a strict PC gamer up until a few years ago, then I finally caved and bought a 360, then later a Wii. If you can't beat them, join them.

I was hoping for a PC release of this title though, since it feels weird playing Lucasarts game on a console, I remember the glory days of playing Loom, Day of the Tentacle, X-Wing etc. on PC's.


Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #174
markoca
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3
They have to make a PC, it's gonna give them much more money.
Though, making cool games for consoles that aren't available to PC increases the console selling.
Gotta get PS2 to play this.
markoca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #175
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by markoca View Post
They have to make a PC, it's gonna give them much more money.
If people buy the game...which is never a guarantee. "Much more" is debatable. If it's only a "little more", then why bother manufacturing all the copies and have them just sit on shelves?

Quote:
Though, making cool games for consoles that aren't available to PC increases the console selling.
Not necessarily...because not everyone who would be willing to buy this game owns a console. I'm positive few people will be willing to purchase expensive consoles just for this game. Not even the cheap consoles.

Quote:
Gotta get PS2 to play this.
You need to upgrade beyond that, man.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #176
Neopopulas
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
I just can't afford to buy a console for just a few games, like this one, so i probably just won't be able to get it. Developing for the PC is almost the same as the Xbox (why microsoft has so many cross-platform games to the PC/Xbox).

So really, there isnt much excuse for this. Especially when you have one for the PS2, the Wii and the PSP
Neopopulas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #177
LordSerion
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 93
I agree. Why don't they just admit it openly that they no longer care about the PC users anymore?
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #178
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSerion View Post
I agree. Why don't they just admit it openly that they no longer care about the PC users anymore?
Because that's not true...

You don't just flip a switch and have a PC game people. There are considerable differences between consoles and PCs. They already stated their reason for not making a PC version, and if you don't like it, tough luck. LA isn't going to do anything to make you feel happy.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > TFU for PC?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.