lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MMOtor will be good if...
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 AM   #11
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linky Triforce View Post
Reason everybody went Jedi in galaxies(I think) was because it was so good.. and if you wanted to pvp you required the best because all pvp'ers play to be #1(talk about egos huh?)

Becoming a Jedi in Galaxies(originally) wasn't exactly the easiest thing in the world(holo-grinding and xp grinding both had their places) and going up the trees took time and effort.

Although if you ask me, they should make Jedi hard to get, and following Galaxies tradition keep it hidden how you do it and change it from a time to time without saying of course..

And make Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith heavy roleplay characters.. If getting a Jedi or even just leveling it up takes ages with no real benefit other than to say: been there, done that. and just let Jedi training be RP based... Perhaps 1 Jedi lesson per day of any tier skill(although the higher tier the more difficult it gets, and if you fail then you can come back the day after since you used up todays lesson)

Might just do the trick and keep Jedi to within a minimum population since you could just go and do a bounty hunter and be done in a few weeks rather than a few months on a Jedi
No, I don't think that's the way to go.

Can I quote myself here? (Taken from the K3 speculation thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis
A player chooses to start as Jedi, but until you reach a certain level out of (e.g. 100), you character is played as a different class (e.g. Swordsman). Upon reaching the required level (e.g. 50) you then trigger some sort of event where you find out you are force sensitive, similar to the amnesia storyline of Revan, but not amnesia.

If the maximum level is 100, and the required level to find out about force sensitivity is half of that, that leads me to believe that quite allot of the population that want to be Jedi straight away and get really uber cool force powers will not want to wait that long, only players dedicated to getting there will do it.

The reason why I say this, is because I have played numerous MMO's, and if you want something but not so much that you have to level 50 levels to get there, you won't do it, which will ultimately, reduce Jedi numbers.
Another idea that I thought of that Da_Man_2423 elaborated on, to also add to the above idea, would be to cap the servers for the % of how many Jedi there are allowed, so the more people that join a server that aren't Jedi the more people will be able to play as Jedi. That would definitely guarantee more of any other class than Jedi.

~MZ

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > MMOtor will be good if...