lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #41
bane's fist
Lurker

this will be a great mod
bane's fist is offline   you may:
Old 08-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #42
xxMalic3xx
Rookie

Yeah, I can't wait!

Mehh.
xxMalic3xx is offline   you may:
Old 08-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #43
Sidias.R
Rookie

I'm looking forward to this mod. Sounds awesome.

-JM_Bane
Sidias.R is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #44
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Just thought I'd swing by and let everyone know where the mod is. I've just updated the WIP and current build is up to 86% or so. Which is nice considering it was 69% eight days ago.

To 'celebrate' here's a few wallpapers I made a month or so ago for my own amusement. Use them as wallpapers if you want, or just see what some of the characters look like.

Thought it would also be a nice idea to explain what the storyline premise was (just noticed I haven't really done it yet) :

Following the events of KOTOR II, the Republic have outlawed the Jedi, fearing that another may turn to the darkside and bring about as much destruction as Revan, Malak, or Nihilus. This was not for the best, as the people began to panic in light of no heroes to follow. As the Supreme Chancellor began more and more to distance himself from the public eye, the people fell for the promises of those others with power.

The Republic split itself into the five great factions ; The Republic loyalists, the Czerka followers, the Exchange workers, the droid revolutionaries, and a fifth enigmatic faction, known only as 'the company'. Over nearly two decades, each faction has maintained loose ties to each other, but also enhanced themselves as a separate state.

On the simple grounds of research, a lone archaeologist doctor and their assistant, take it upon themselves to help the galaxy by answering the infamous question : What happened to Revan? On their journey, they join with those most deeply affected by the general's life and disappearance, and ultimately discover the greatest threat ever known to the galaxy, and the true origins of the Sith.

Highlights of the mod include :

- An all new playable storyline (obviously)
- Numerous new planets to visit (Nine planets and three space stations. All are reskinned versions of other modules. Some are only one module in size, while one actually goes up to fourteen).
- Fourteen possible party characters (you can still only have ten per playthrough, but different choices will allow you to recruit different people, giving a slightly better replay value).
- Six romances (Three for male PCs, three for female)
- All new PCs (Sixteen male, sixteen female. Rather than trying to come up with thirty-two completely new models, there's three male and four female, but with various options towards hair colour/skin tone/beards etc).
- The ability to train new apprentices (You can do this in KOTOR II, but I always thought it was a bit under done. This time around, you take your apprentice away briefly and put them through trials etc)

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #45
Pikmin

Sweet! Man I wish you worked at LucasArts and this was the real K3. But still it might end up being the only k3.
Pikmin is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #46
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Quote:
- Fourteen possible party characters
Uhh? And you wrote a story and dialog for fourteen party member? Wow, it's sound amazing. I can't wait to play this... maybe even more than one time. Really, it can be even better than TSL
zbyl2 is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #47
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
uhhh is Master Kae gonna be in this? jw

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #48
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druganator View Post
uhhh is Master Kae gonna be in this? jw
Hadn't planned on it. Sorry if you're a fan.

The titular Jedi Masters themselves are a group of twelve you sort of 'collect' on your travels, then unite more towards the end. Some are obvious (Bastila for instance), some are my own, and some I've actually tried to make from those featured in the comics.

PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #49
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Hadn't planned on it. Sorry if you're a fan.

The titular Jedi Masters themselves are a group of twelve you sort of 'collect' on your travels, then unite more towards the end. Some are obvious (Bastila for instance), some are my own, and some I've actually tried to make from those featured in the comics.
So people like Damien Craay are gonna be Masters in this mod?
TriggerGod is offline   you may:
Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #50
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
So people like Damien Craay are gonna be Masters in this mod?
Are you thinking of Lucien Draay? I can't remember a Damien, but I haven't read all of them yet.

I don't think it gives too much away to say which ones I have tried to make, so (spoiler cover for anyone who wants to be surprised):

spoiler:
Celeste Morne, Quanilia, Haazen, and Vima Sunrider.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #51
ellimar
Lurker

This looks amazing!

Check out my KotOR 1&2 Mods at my website, Ellimar Mods!
I am the master, I am Ellimar.
ellimar is offline   you may:
Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #52
DarthMelissa
Rookie

Interesting but, I wonder: What happened to the Exile during all of this?

"And so, it ends as i somehow always knew it would- in darkness"- Darth Malak
"Revan knew the where the real threat lurks, and I wonder will you follow his path?"-Kreia
"Tell him Onasi is following his orders"-Carth
DarthMelissa is offline   you may:
Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #53
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

O_O My goth this is even more amazing! I now look forward to this even more.

Revan_Pwn_Malak is offline   you may:
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 AM   #54
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie

This looks verrry interesting! I will make sure to keep a close eye on this mod and anxiously await it's release.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may:
Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 AM   #55
Revan 411
Forumite

This mod looks awesome! I viewed the trailer, and this just looks plain awesome!

Well done Trex!

Revan 411 is offline   you may:
Old 08-25-2008, 02:59 AM   #56
Istorian

Helpful! 
Trex, congratulations, it's a great mod. The trailer is great, too, and with your ideas you're putting the storyline mods into another level. Many people are making storyline mods right now, but yours is one of the best! Keep it up!

|I|

Istorian is offline   you may:
Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #57
nine.roses
Rookie

Quote:
Are you thinking of Lucien Draay? I can't remember a Damien, but I haven't read all of them yet.

I don't think it gives too much away to say which ones I have tried to make, so (spoiler cover for anyone who wants to be surprised):

spoiler:
Celeste Morne, Quanilia, Haazen, and Vima Sunrider.
spoiler:
Wasn't Celeste Morne locked in Dreypa's Oubliette from the Mandalorian Wars right through to the Clone Wars?

`
,,`,,
,,,,`,,
,,`,,
`
`
nine.roses is offline   you may:
Old 08-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #58
DarthMelissa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine.roses View Post
spoiler:
Wasn't Celeste Morne locked in Dreypa's Oubliette from the Mandalorian Wars right through to the Clone Wars?
Im betting Trex will add a quest to free her

"Revan knew the where the real threat lurks, and I wonder will you follow his path?"-Kreia
Old 08-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #59
Pikmin

But how would she get locked up again?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #60
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Awesome mod, Trex! This looks absolutely amazing, in every sense of the word! I wish I could do some voice acting for you, but I don't have the equipment. Too bad, too...The Insulting Computer looks like something I might be able to pull off...However, if you need one more beta tester, I would love to do it. (Hmm, actually, I bet that your PM box is full of people begging to beta test right now...)

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may:
Old 08-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #61
DarthMelissa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
But how would she get locked up again?
she'll probably get kid-napped and reimprisoned

Old 08-26-2008, 06:12 AM   #62
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
she'll probably get kid-napped and reimprisoned
Perhaps she'll go back into it voluntarily, or something similar. Perhaps she needs to for some reason? Just throwing it out there as a possibility...

Old 08-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #63
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Might you update the first entry to indicate which of the voice-over slots have already been filled?
Sith Holocron is online now   you may:
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #64
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Who's Vima? I know the first three you mentioned, but who's vima?

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #65
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Betrayal View Post
Who's Vima? I know the first three you mentioned, but who's vima?
Vima Sunrider.

deathdisco is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #66
Pikmin

I have a question about Bastilla, Revan and Carth. Do you meet them under different circumstances depending on if revan was Male, Female, LS, or DS? Because I think it would be weird to meet LS Jedi Bastilla if we said Revan was darkside.

Also will you be taking cut TSL content into account? Like the deaths of the party members and the HK endings.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #67
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Just made another update to the WIP. Happy to say the mod is now up to 94%.

To commemorate, here's another collection of screenshots :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Might you update the first entry to indicate which of the voice-over slots have already been filled?
Sure. I'm still after :

-1 Male Jedi Master,
-One of 3 Female Jedi masters,
- Merchants,
-Any amount of commoners (the more the better),
-One of 3 barflys,
-1 Male Secretary,
-1 Male guard,
-1 Farmer, either gender.

Still might add a few more as I continue sorting out the main quests.

Quote:
I have a question about Bastilla, Revan and Carth. Do you meet them under different circumstances depending on if revan was Male, Female, LS, or DS? Because I think it would be weird to meet LS Jedi Bastilla if we said Revan was darkside.

Also will you be taking cut TSL content into account? Like the deaths of the party members and the HK endings.
Good question.

Mainly to avoid a lot of hassle, I decided fairly early on to have everything as per the default canon. This mean KOTOR1, Male Revan, LS ending, and KOTOR2, Female Exile, LS ending.

Looking at Deus Ex : Invisible War in particular, I think any 'sequel' where the makers try to compensate for the alternative outcomes in a predecessor can get a little confusing. Obsidian had a good idea in KOTOR 2 where they essentially avoided it apart from a few key conversations (having Revan run off could be considered useful). I wanted to go a bit more head first with this and give a few answers to the big questions, so trying to cover every outcome of KOTOR1 and KOTOR 2 might have been a bit of a headache.

I have however, tried to incorporate a lot of the cut content, specifically that concerning HK-47 and the droid factory.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #68
Pikmin

Ahh, so you kinda did what Jedi Outcast did. Anyway, when you say
Quote:
I have however, tried to incorporate a lot of the cut content, specifically that concerning HK-47 and the droid factory.
Does that mean that the outcome has bearing on TJM, or that you are including that in TJM?

EDIT: Only 94%!!!! Woot! That means release will be soon!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #69
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
I have a question. You have 94% done. When you'll get 100% done, you'll release it or just start Beta Testing? I guess 100% mean start of beta testing, but I'll be really happy if I'm wrong.
zbyl2 is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #70
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Ahh, so you kinda did what Jedi Outcast did.
Yeah, same idea basically.

Quote:
Does that mean that the outcome has bearing on TJM, or that you are including that in TJM?
Well it's hard to say what's considered canon if it's cut content (soon to be restored by team gizka), but I'm going with the idea that HK-47 took over G0T0's operations at the HK factory and became the leader of the HK-51s. The mod follows the storyline of HK putting the 51s into full production and building his own private army. He's quite powerful in this.

Quote:

EDIT: Only 94%!!!! Woot! That means release will be soon!
I know! EEK!

Hopefully the whole thing wont be more than a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyl2 View Post
I have a question. You have 94% done. When you'll get 100% done, you'll release it or just start Beta Testing? I guess 100% mean start of beta testing, but I'll be really happy if I'm wrong.
100% means Beta testing starts. Hopefully however, the testing won't take that long as I've tried to solve as many bugs as possible as I've went along. I think if I ended up with one big list of 1000 or so bugs to solve at the end I might go a bit insane. I don't know how team gizka do it (which I mean in a complimentary way).

Old 09-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #71
Pikmin

Quote:
Hopefully the whole thing wont be more than a couple of weeks.
Now be careful, you don't want to get our hopes up yet.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #72
rictus135

It is a common misconception but the "True Sith" are not actually a race. They are sith who have been trained by the Sith Masters that escaped Korriban and their apprentices, in an unbroken line since the Great Hyperspace war. Revan and Malak were not "True Sith" because they were not trained by Sith. All of the knowledge gained from holocrons etc. doesn't change the fact that they and all their subsequent followers were not trained by "True Sith"

So basicly what I am saying is that you can't be wrong how you portray your "True Sith", since any race could be trained in the Sith arts.

There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm not too fat. I'm alive aren't I?
rictus135 is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #73
Pikmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiepedia Article about the True Sith
More recently, it was discovered that, after the Sith King Adas died while driving the Rakata from Korriban in 27,700 BBY, the Sith species possessed the technology to relocate themselves to nearby Ziost. It is therefore possible that some Sith from this era became the "True Sith," taking up residence out in the Unknown Regions, and eventually constructing the Trayus Academy on Malachor V.
^^^^^^
Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #74
rictus135

The Sith were a species, when the renegade jedi landed on Korriban, the race became intermingled with these dark jedi and together they created the Sith cult. Anyone could be inducted into this new cult if they showed potential.

It also says that "it is therefore possible" this is not proof, merely another hypothesis on faulty information. If you listen carefully to the dialog in game (and with an open mind, which I admit is not easy once you have formed an opinion) you will see that there is no indication that the true sith are a race. They are simply the product of specific teachings, not the immitation Sith of Revan and Traya etc.

The True Siths origins as a race and not a people, happened on these very forums! Not in the games.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #75
Pikmin

Ok, but if they are actually a species that would be cool.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #76
rictus135

I think its cool that the Sith species had such an effect on the Dark Jedi, they become the scourge of the galaxy for mellenia to come.

Sorry Trex If we're turning your thread into a debate.

Oh, and I might not have said it earlier, but this looks incredibly impressive. I have no idea how you have done so much so quickly!

Last edited by rictus135; 09-01-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #77
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Release of this mod=Best day of my life since I got TSL

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #78
Pikmin

Indeed. Man I wish I didn't have this TSLCR project to work on, then I would beta test.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #79
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus135 View Post
The True Siths origins as a race and not a people, happened on these very forums! Not in the games.
Incorrect... the Sith Race discussions pre-date these forums by quite a bit (late 1980's and early 1990's) at many a Sci-fi/Comic/RPG game convention.

But yeah different topic for another thread.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #80
Pikmin

What he said was the True Sith Kreia speaks of in tSL weren't thought of as a species, until a discusion of the forums.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters