lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Republic Commando 2?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #241
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1183 View Post
ok what i meant by join the rebels was as in the rebels hacked some imperial archives and found out about omega and delta and kal's runaway and they hired them anyways why does everyone hate karren traviss i think she wrote great books
Okay then, let me ask this - why would Delta Squad rebel and desert?

Try and answer without fanboyish wishing along the lines of 'they wouldn't be evil'.

And everyone hates Karen Traviss because she writes pure, unadulterated trash. She also seems to think that she's the best author in Star Wars writing at the moment (not bloody likely, when Zahn, Luceno or Denning could outwrite her with both hands chopped off).

She's annoyed a lot of fans because she killed off two of the most popular characters in the Expanded Universe - Mara Jade and Pellaeon - after those two most people refuse to read her stuff.

And further more, a lot of people are sick of seeing every sentence contain a Mandalorian reference. Mandalorians used to be cool because they were mysterious. Now, they're downright annoying.

So there, that's why people hate Karen Traviss.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #242
strykr93
Rookie

>.>

sorry for jumping to conclusions, but i know I'm not the only one psyched for RC2 (if there is one.) im just hoping that the commando helmet in TFU is there to hint something. i dunno, but i like psycho's scenario.
strykr93 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #243
RC-1183

Current Game: Halo Reach, KotOR II
ok well maybe delta might not desert but omega would with kal'buir and astor alot of people LIKE having the madno tradition being recocognized and maybe delta would stay and omega wouldnt and that would be there personal mission from vader is to find and destroy omega i think that would be awesome ok now a show of hands who here like traviss's work *raise hand* anyone else
and strykr sorry if i came off as rude but people have been wanting a rc2 for a while but it seems as there is no hope but maybe your right and there is hope who knows

Ordo-"If only there was a manuel on females.."
Kal- "If there is i never got my copy"
RC-1183 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #244
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1183 View Post
and astor alot of people LIKE having the madno tradition being recocognized
I'm all for it being recognised, but not when it's overexposed and boring. And shouting at me isn't going to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1183
ok now a show of hands who here like traviss's work *raise hand* anyone else
That's all well and good, but you haven't yet given a reason why you like it.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #245
strykr93
Rookie

:D

thnx psycho *raises hand meekly*
Old 08-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #246
RC-1183

im not shouting i was just making sure that u read that part any ways a big reason i like her books is that i dont read a whole lot so when something finally does catch my atention i MUST be good therefore thats on eanother is the style of her writing she adds sadness,anger,pain,happiness, hope,joy,humor,etc. you name it shes probably got it in there somewhere ps thanks for the support 93

Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #247
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quite frankly, this thread is way off topic, I thought you'd be talking about why they should make a second RC game, not what they did after the game...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #248
RC-1183

ya i agree this thread is off topic but ok different show of hands who wants there to be a rc2? *raises hand*

Old 09-01-2008, 02:10 AM   #249
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
*Raises hand and rolls eyes.*

RC2 needs to have a completely different plot line than the books. RC2 just wouldn't be the same type of game as RC1 without Delta Squad.

RC-1183 here is a hint: USE SENTENCES AND PUNCTUATION!

If you have a long post, actually use periods. You know, THIS THING? Not adding periods doesn't prove anything.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #250
RC-1183

ya your right, rc2 wouldnt be the same without delta, but the COULD add a feature that allows you to play as delta or omega.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #251
strykr93
Rookie

that does seem pretty beastly, but which omega would you be? niner? i raise my hand once again, cuz rc is awesome, and it would be awesome to have a sequel
Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #252
RC-1183

yes, you would most likely play as Niner, seeing as he is the squads acting sergent as is Boss to Delta.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #253
strykr93
Rookie

wouldnt it be sorta cool to be able to switch which commando you are mid-game? have each commando have special abilities, like the sergeants command(obviously), the demolition guys can plant c4(star wars style) anywhere, the slicers have a special weapon that can turn battle droids to your side for a short time, and the snipers have auto aim when sniping. give feedback, please!

point me to the enemy, and stay out of my way
Old 09-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #254
RC-1183

that would be cool but kinda pointless since the DC is modular and what would you do if say, you were scortch and boss told you to blow the door open would it make you do it or if you didnt someone else would or what

Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #255
strykr93
Rookie

maybe you can still see the order oppertunities, like those hologram things, and still order people, even if your sev or scorch, but the orders come out of boss's mouth.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #256
trooper 57
Rookie

I raise my hand for an RC2. I like the sound of that. I think the Sequwl should focus on Sev during after his ambush on Kashyyyk.

Trooper 57 reporting for duty sir.
trooper 57 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #257
RC-1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper 57 View Post
I raise my hand for an RC2. I like the sound of that. I think the Sequwl should focus on Sev during after his ambush on Kashyyyk.
not focus but be like a main objectibe but not top priority

also
Strykr-that could work possibly

Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #258
strykr93
Rookie

I GOT IT!!!! delta gets ordered to do uther stuff,like at the end of the first game. but, on the side, omega squad gets a special briefing from yoda and delta's advisor, saying that their new mission is to find and extract sev (delta dun know about this).then, when you find sev and extract him, u see cutscene with YAY SEVS BACK :P and whatnot and your delta again

Old 09-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #259
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Not bad, but I'm sure Delta would want to extract Sev, they try to show that they're more efficient than Omega (read the books)

Quote:
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #260
strykr93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Not bad, but I'm sure Delta would want to extract Sev, they try to show that they're more efficient than Omega (read the books)
thats why i said in parenthases delta doesnt know about omega doing this

Old 09-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #261
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Delta would be upset when they did find out, and they would find out...

Quote:
Old 09-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #262
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykr93 View Post
I GOT IT!!!! delta gets ordered to do uther stuff,like at the end of the first game. but, on the side, omega squad gets a special briefing from yoda and delta's advisor, saying that their new mission is to find and extract sev (delta dun know about this).then, when you find sev and extract him, u see cutscene with YAY SEVS BACK :P and whatnot and your delta again
I still don't understand this mass fanboyism regarding Delta Squad, and especially Sev.

I still think it's more likely that the next game would likely be a 'spritual sequel', either a Rebel Commando or an Imperial Commando.

Rebels would be a perfect choice - Rebel forces operate in small, specially trained units, with missions that would suit such a game perfectly.

I think it's time that LucasArts moved away from Clones and the Clone Wars, and focused on later periods of Star Wars lore.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #263
strykr93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Delta would be upset when they did find out, and they would find out...
i know but what are they gonna do? they got Sev back, at least. besides, this is just an idea

Old 09-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #264
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
I still don't understand this mass fanboyism regarding Delta Squad, and especially Sev.

I still think it's more likely that the next game would likely be a 'spritual sequel', either a Rebel Commando or an Imperial Commando.

Rebels would be a perfect choice - Rebel forces operate in small, specially trained units, with missions that would suit such a game perfectly.

I think it's time that LucasArts moved away from Clones and the Clone Wars, and focused on later periods of Star Wars lore.
That's actually a really good idea, though, I think it would also be cool to have a game about some of the smaller forces in the empire, such as dark troopers, storm commandos, swamp troopers.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #265
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
That's actually a really good idea, though, I think it would also be cool to have a game about some of the smaller forces in the empire, such as dark troopers, storm commandos, swamp troopers.
Well, Swamp Troopers are Storm Troopers with special training - and it wouldn't provide much variety in the levels. Storm Commandos I can agree with - but Dark Troopers tend to be overkill for simple missions like killing rebels.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #266
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
I just read over a list of the varieties that Stormie's come in and those were the only ones that caught my eye.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #267
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Dark Troopers=god troopers! They have plasma/rocket god weapons!!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #268
strykr93
Rookie

Angry

well dont you think it would be bull if they made republic commando 2 without explaining what happened to sev? id be mad if they just skipped to a nobody squad like swamp troopers (no offense)

Old 09-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #269
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
What If they included a bonus mission you unlock for completing the game that allows you to play as Sev in his final moments. You couldn't play as delta trying to find him, Yoda told them they couldn't go back.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #270
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
well dont you think it would be bull if they made republic commando 2 without explaining what happened to sev? id be mad if they just skipped to a nobody squad like swamp troopers (no offense)

Why do they have to show what happened to Sev? Why can't they just simply say he's dead? I'd rather have a game with a proper story, as opposed to one that panders to the rampant fanboys who can't accept he's gone.

They could easily show what happened to him if they chose Imperial Commandos - they go to Kashyykk, and then they find a badly decomposed body, and a helmet with a red hand on it.

And I might remind you that Republic Commandos were a 'nobody squad' before this game.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #271
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
Or the in-between time after EpIII and before IV. The rebels would be a nice choice, as you said.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #272
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Rebel Commandos would be sweet!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #273
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
I'll still pull for the SCs

Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #274
RepublicCommandofan
Lurker

My idea for RC2

I have the perfect idea for RC2. Okay, so you know that some programming in the clones turned them against the Jedi, right? Well, say that something goes wrong with that programming in Delta Squad! And when they realize what’s happening, they decide to go against the empire! So first they go to Trandosha to rescue Sev where they are battling trandos and leftover droids to get to Sev. To do this, you must fly in an old gunship and take out the enemy drop ships and then you land and go for Sev. You infiltrate the base, and then you have to battle three trando elites, the ones with the heavy chain guns, along with ten trando mercs and also five slavers at once after you rescue Sev. The way you survive is because earlier before you rescued Sev you found some new armor suits meant for Imperial Commandos that have a stronger shield and jump higher and are totally silver black, but they later paint the sign of the Republic on the shoulders. You also have new weapons like the imperial commandos guns which look like the old ones but shoot red bolts, and those are more powerful, and you also have new rocket launchers that can take out a whole elite. You are also armed with the rest of the older weapons, except for a more powerful sniper that shoots red bolts. After you rescue Sev, you learn there from a data bank that Fixer sliced that there are other commandos inside there, called Gamma squad. They too have not been affected by the Order 66 command, and Delta squad rescues them, and then they escape the base on one of the gun ships, and then about a week away from Trandosha they discover the RAS Prosecutor in space. The Republic left it in space because it was too heavily damaged in the fight with the droids in RC1. They land in the ship, and they discover that the engines are intact and only need repairs. They repair them in three weeks, and then they head off to Kamino to make some new clones to battle against the empire. Unfortunately, there was a defect using a copy of a copy, for they used Delta 38 to clone them, and the clones were not as strong as they were supposed to be, and when the empire showed up the defective clones were slaughtered. Only about four dozen escaped with Delta and Gamma squad on the gun ships, and then they head off to Naboo to try and help the resistance there because the empire is headed there to attack the remaining Jedi there along with the rebels. But when Vader shows up, you bug out and you manage to rescue about five Jedi, fifty rebels, and the queen. You regroup and you go to Bellassa to rescue an old Jedi padawan named Feris Olin. To do this, you must get through the surrounding space in an X-Wing where a bunch of Imperial fighters are waiting for you and there is a tremendous space battle. You and the resistance win, and then you must touch down on the planet and then you fly through the streets on a speeder and shoot down some imperials on speeders who are trying to get word back to their base, and then you must fly to the prison on the speeder. This is where you will rescue Feris for the resistance that he started, called The Eleven. You try to take Feris off planet to try and get him away, but he must stay on Bellassa to help the resistance and to keep his business, Olin/ Lands, going with his partner Roan Lands. You leave the planet, and Boss says, “There will be others to save. And we’ll find them. All of them. Delta and Gamma squad, lock and load!” and the game ends there. Now, in Multiplayer, you should be able to play as rebels, Empire, Jedi vs. Imperials, Commandos, trandos and droids, and there should be Jedi death matches, along with maps where you can fly speeders and X-Wings and gun ships, along with the regular matches from RC1. You should have the same weapons as in RC1, along with the new weapons, like the rebel blasters and imperial blasters and the same trando weapons as in RC1, and also the new rocket launcher. And that is my idea for RC2. I hope you like it.
RepublicCommandofan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #275
RepublicCommandofan
Lurker

Thumbs up

Quote:
wouldnt it be sorta cool to be able to switch which commando you are mid-game? have each commando have special abilities, like the sergeants command(obviously), the demolition guys can plant c4(star wars style) anywhere, the slicers have a special weapon that can turn battle droids to your side for a short time, and the snipers have auto aim when sniping. give feedback, please!
That is a really good idea. It would really go with my idea.

From,
RepublicCommandofan
RepublicCommandofan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #276
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicCommandofan View Post
I have the perfect idea for RC2. Okay, so you know that some programming in the clones turned them against the Jedi, right? Well, say that something goes wrong with that programming in Delta Squad! And when they realize what’s happening, they decide to go against the empire! So first they go to Trandosha to rescue Sev where they are battling trandos and leftover droids to get to Sev. To do this, you must fly in an old gunship and take out the enemy drop ships and then you land and go for Sev. You infiltrate the base, and then you have to battle three trando elites, the ones with the heavy chain guns, along with ten trando mercs and also five slavers at once after you rescue Sev. The way you survive is because earlier before you rescued Sev you found some new armor suits meant for Imperial Commandos that have a stronger shield and jump higher and are totally silver black, but they later paint the sign of the Republic on the shoulders. You also have new weapons like the imperial commandos guns which look like the old ones but shoot red bolts, and those are more powerful, and you also have new rocket launchers that can take out a whole elite. You are also armed with the rest of the older weapons, except for a more powerful sniper that shoots red bolts. After you rescue Sev, you learn there from a data bank that Fixer sliced that there are other commandos inside there, called Gamma squad. They too have not been affected by the Order 66 command, and Delta squad rescues them, and then they escape the base on one of the gun ships, and then about a week away from Trandosha they discover the RAS Prosecutor in space. The Republic left it in space because it was too heavily damaged in the fight with the droids in RC1. They land in the ship, and they discover that the engines are intact and only need repairs. They repair them in three weeks, and then they head off to Kamino to make some new clones to battle against the empire. Unfortunately, there was a defect using a copy of a copy, for they used Delta 38 to clone them, and the clones were not as strong as they were supposed to be, and when the empire showed up the defective clones were slaughtered. Only about four dozen escaped with Delta and Gamma squad on the gun ships, and then they head off to Naboo to try and help the resistance there because the empire is headed there to attack the remaining Jedi there along with the rebels. But when Vader shows up, you bug out and you manage to rescue about five Jedi, fifty rebels, and the queen. You regroup and you go to Bellassa to rescue an old Jedi padawan named Feris Olin. To do this, you must get through the surrounding space in an X-Wing where a bunch of Imperial fighters are waiting for you and there is a tremendous space battle. You and the resistance win, and then you must touch down on the planet and then you fly through the streets on a speeder and shoot down some imperials on speeders who are trying to get word back to their base, and then you must fly to the prison on the speeder. This is where you will rescue Feris for the resistance that he started, called The Eleven. You try to take Feris off planet to try and get him away, but he must stay on Bellassa to help the resistance and to keep his business, Olin/ Lands, going with his partner Roan Lands. You leave the planet, and Boss says, “There will be others to save. And we’ll find them. All of them. Delta and Gamma squad, lock and load!” and the game ends there. Now, in Multiplayer, you should be able to play as rebels, Empire, Jedi vs. Imperials, Commandos, trandos and droids, and there should be Jedi death matches, along with maps where you can fly speeders and X-Wings and gun ships, along with the regular matches from RC1. You should have the same weapons as in RC1, along with the new weapons, like the rebel blasters and imperial blasters and the same trando weapons as in RC1, and also the new rocket launcher. And that is my idea for RC2. I hope you like it.
Eh, not bad, but LA doesn't seem to really care what their fans say about their games...

Quote:
Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #277
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Well, If you have never researched Delta on wookipedia.com, then you will be surprised that they actually have a fairly long story, and life. Quite a bit of it, La didn't cover in the game. Some of it is in the books. One of the key points is the rescue of Omega squad. It says that Delta is and "elite" commando squad, and there is also a rivalry between the two squads. But in the end, Delta, seem to show supirority.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #278
trooper 57
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicCommandofan View Post
I really like this. You never really know what happend to Delta Squad after the Mission to Kashyyyk.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #279
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Well, if you are interested go look it up on wookipdeia. That's where I found out what happened to them, quite interesting actually.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #280
trooper 57
Rookie

I did that how I know what I said.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Republic Commando 2?

Tags
game market, lucas arts, rc 2?, republic commando 2, rule market, too long