lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mercenary Crew: Bounty Hunters: Jewels of the Core
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #121
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
“Okay let’s get this show on the road.” Tanis ordered as he watched the Doctor and Jhramrok go to the infirmary. “Kadis take Zip to the bridge and get the Co’ords out of him, take off as soon as Elle returns.”

Alec looked at the rest of the people in the cargo bay and smiled at them. “Unless people want to continue ridiculing Spanner I’m sure we all have work to be getting on with or at least look like we’re getting on with. Jyot i need to speak to you before we get to Hapes, so when you got a free moment.”
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 06:30 PM   #122
Corinthian
Banned

"Right, boss. Jyot, you might want to get your tools ready. Zip isn't going to enjoy this."

Kadis shot his arm out and grabbed the droid, orienting it's dart-launcher well away from his face. "Come on, then." The small droid attempted to fight with it's repulsors, but it wasn't going the droid's way. Kadis tucked it under his arm and headed for the cockpit.

"Unhand me!"

Kadis thumped the droid against a bulkhead as the door to the cockpit opened. He reached down beside the door and picked up a small holdout blaster. "I've had about enough of you." He pumped a stun bolt into the droid, dropping it to the deck.

Whistling a jaunty Brentaal tune to himself, he opened up an interface on the main console and plugged the little droid into the navicomp. After a few moments of searching it's memory banks, it pulled up a set of coordinates off the datacard the droid was storing. Good enough.

He settled back and put his feet up, started up the local broadcasts.

A horrible discord of alien shrieks and loud thumping noises bombarded him. He switched the channel, rubbing his ears. Damn Verpine music. He switched it to something a little less hellish and chaotic and punched up the ship's sensors, keeping his eye open for an Imperial warship coming around the planet.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #123
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((Joint post with Quist))

After stowing his gear in his quarters, Latch headed to the galley for something to drink. Ducking into the kitchen area, he spotted Arelyn sitting at the table, sipping at a steaming mug. "Pretty good shooting out there," he commented as he pulled open the refridgerator to peek inside.

"Thanks," Arelyn replied. She knew she could count on her fellow gunner to be the first to compliment her abilities. "The shots were easy."

Latch poked his head out from behind the door. "You made them look easy. Jyot thank you properly yet?"

Arelyn took a sip from her mug. "Nope. Probably still trying to count how many of his ex-girlfriends really don't want him dead or seriously maimed."

Latch snickered at her comment as he approached the table, glass of nerfmilk in hand and sat across from her. "Jyot's a free spirit, what can I say. Been like that ever since I've known him. He's a good guy, just absolutely terrible with committment."

"'Free spirit', huh?" Arelyn echoed. "Is that what they're calling it now? And I'm sure he's a good person, he just needs to make sure that he keeps his libido in check or it'll get him killed one of these days."

Another chuckle from the raven-haired Corellian. "Boy, the stories I could tell you, Arelyn."

Arelyn downed the last of her drink, then stood up. "Love to hear them, but perhaps some other time. It's been a long day and I need a shower." Setting her empty mug on the counter, she waved at Latch, then rounded the corner out into the corridor and disappeared from view.

Latch shook his head as he watched her go. She wasn't the newest member of their crew anymore, but he only knew her slightly better than their latest additions. Still, she was a pleasant enough conversationalist, at least when you didn't piss her off. He chuckled as he remembered her thin-lipped diatribe to Kadis on the ice planet. Latch wasn't a Jyot Tyrell, but he'd had his fair share of female companions in his time, so he couldn't help wondering if there was a spark between himself and Arelyn. He tried to follow a policy of not dating his co-workers, but there were always exceptions.

Still musing to himself, he stood up and moved to the counter, then stopped. Leaning against the far bulkhead was a long, black case, one which he immediately recognized as Arelyn's rifle case. She'd probably forgotten it in her haste to shower. Setting his glass on the counter, Latch bent over to heft the case strap onto his shoulder. As he turned to face the door, he misjudged the length of the case and his turn caused it to swing right into Arelyn's mug. Hearing the clink of hard plasteel against ceramic, Latch whirled in time to catch the mug with his outstretched hand, then stopped moving.

"What in space...?" he muttered to himself quietly as he observed the mug, which was not in the clutches of his fingers, but was hovering in mid-air mere centimeters away from them. Blinking a few times, he moved his hand forward slowly until he gripped the mug firmly in his hand, then brought it up and set it in the sink. Holding his outstretched hand in front of his face, Latch frowned. "Well, this is something new..."

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #124
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Alec continued to smile himself as he headed back to his room, he knew the crew would probably just hang around the ship while they travelled to Hapes but being the Captain his work was never done. As he walked through his door he turned and pushed the door close button on the panel by the side of it.

He jumped when he turned back to face the inside of his room as the Jedi appeared before him. “Will you stop doing that!” He shouted so loudly that anyone outside his room could probably hear him.

“How’d you like me to do it?” She asked rhetorically. “Have a theme play before I appear?”

“It would help.” Alec replied quickly realising how stupid he sounded. “Look if you’re going to rattle around in my head, be courteous.” He sighed deeply and walked over to the chair and slumped himself into it. “What do you want this time or have you just came to spook me?”

“I feel a disturbance in the Force. Someone on this ship is strong in the Force.” Son’ti informed.

“Really.” He said deadpan. “A ship with a Cathar on board has Force sensitive. Wow.”

“Don’t mock me Tanis.” She said. “I’m perfectly aware of the Cathar, but another on the ship has power they’ve only just discovered.”

Alec thought for a moment. “Jyot, it would explain how he gets all those women with a face like that.” He joked.

“Trust me Alec.” The incorporeal Jedi stated. “There is more to one of your crew than meets the eye.”

Last edited by JasraLantill; 08-01-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Caps and spelling
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #125
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
She really shouldn't have done it. She knew it was a stupid move - simply stealing the speeder in the first place could have gotten them in a lot of trouble. But hell, no one would be able to pin her as the one to have done it if she managed to ditch it quietly, without anyone getting a really good look at her. But...the temptation had just been too strong. It'd been a long time since she'd had a few extra credits stowed in her pocket, seeing as she'd been stranded on that ice planet for quite some time without much work. And that had been a nice speeder; expensive, with a lot of expensive parts that were easily removed, since she'd already dismantled the dash.

Tossing the extra credits down on a corner of her still-closed footlocker, she mused over her moves just a few moments ago as she pushed the hood of her jacket down and slid the goggles off her eyes, allowing them to rest in her spiky orange hair as she reached for the zipper of her jacket. Sliding it down, she slipped the extra layer of clothing from her shoulders with a sigh. She hated having to dress with silly things like thick jackets like that - they were bulky and annoying, often getting in her way. Thus, as she hung it from the hood on a corner of her bunk, she could feel nothing but relief to have it off.

She had been careful enough when she went to pawn off the parts. She'd had her hood up and her goggles on - and since she wouldn't be staying long, it was probably a common enough sight to see. No one would think that particular detail suspicious on a cold planet like this, right? But even with the extra precautions to hide her face...well, there was always the chance that someone might have recognized some detail of her, and followed her back to the ship. Then they could be in trouble...and it was for that reason that she hoped they jetted out of here as fast as they could.

After stowing her goggles away, she flexed her slowly-thawing fingers, trying to gain the feeling back into them as she buried them once more in her leather work gloves. Meaning to find something to entertain her - most likely something having to do with a mechanical aspect - she paused as she passed through the dorm door, her stomach growling conspicuously. Well...some warm caffa to heat up her hands didn't sound too bad...and she was certain that there would be something to snack on back in the galley.

Of course, all thought was forgotten as she came upon Latch in the middle of one of the corridors. She froze instantly, her eyes wide as she saw the cup...floating in midair. She looked from the mug to the gunner, and back to the mug again. "That's not normal." she said - understatement of the year.

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #126
Rogue Nine
*static*

Latch had just set the mug down back in the sink when he looked up to see Ellie standing in the doorway, staring right at him.

"That's not normal."

He quickly though about what the best course of action would be; either to deny that anything had happened or to admit and agree with her. He decided to try humor, since it usually defused even the most awkward of situations. "What, you've never seen my repulsorlift mug before? It's super handy, especially on a ship that tumbles as much as ours."

Old 08-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #127
Corinthian
Banned

"Bloody droid."

He thumped the inactive droid casually. A series of lights ran across it, then it sputtered, made a noise like a man who had inhaled several thousand death sticks too many, and lifted, albeit slowly and haltingly.

"System reset...Diagnostics report overload from hand-grade stun blaster. Bounty #9731457764: Kadis Venarm, what have you done to me?"

"Well, if I'd been thinking clearly, I would have wiped your memory core. And maybe replaced all your speech programming with Verpine music, left you in Jyot's bunk."

"This is not amusing."

"Don't know who you've been joking around with. Thanks for the coordinates." He punched the comm. "Captain, I pulled the coordinates off Zip. Got the location within the Hapes Cluster. Takeoff, boss?"
Old 08-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #128
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
Her responding laugh was uncertain and shaky - forced, as if she wasn't certain how else to react. "Right...repulsorlift mug." she muttered, nodding her head as if it made perfect sense - which, obviously, it didn't. "I'm..um...gonna go." she said, turning around and retracing her steps. She had no idea what freaky kind of voodoo was going on back there, but it had made her lose her appetite. She went to go find some machinery to work on, or a blaster to upgrade. Something concrete that she actually understood.

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #129
Corinthian
Banned

Time to get off this frigid rock.

He activated primary powerup sequence, bringing the fusion core of the Scimitar online. The quiet hum of power filled the cockpit as the monitors flickered, switching off batteries to main power.

"Transport Scimitar, requesting authorization to depart."

"Roger that, Scimitar. Remit Spaceport fees."

Kadis glared at the comm. "Right..."

He pulled up the Receipt. Seven hundred credits for a four hour stay at the Spaceport with nothing but a refuel? "Officer, I think you put an extra digit on here."

"No, I'm afraid not."

He gritted his teeth. He punched in the account code, feeling like his spirit had just been crushed. That would be the last time he ever came to this hellhole. "Transmitting."

"Alright, Scimitar. Standby, we've got a lot of traffic."

Kadis glanced at the sensor display, beginning to lose his temper. The display was clear except for a single freighter, well out of this lane, coming in at a snail's pace. Kadis punched another switch on the power board, activating the dorsal laser cannon. He grinned, imagining the officer's face as the cannon swiveled into the active position.

"Scimitar you are clear to proceed have a nice day goodbye." He grinned wider, feeling a small satisfaction at the panic in the custom's officers voice. Two clinks ran through the hull of the ship as the docking clamps disengaged. He punched the main thrusters, rattling the spaceport as a stream of blue-white plasma burst from Scimitar's engine ports.

In retrospect, I should probably consider NOT breaking several dozen traffic laws.

Fortunately, there wasn't any customs frigates coming around the horizon, but it was better not to take risks. The navicomputer had been plotting a course. Two jumps, Hapes was fairly close as stellar distances go.

"Alright...first jump takes us to...oh, boy, the Bilbringi system, scenic shipyards of the Imperial Fleet...and then we jump to the outer edge of the Hapes Consortium and try to navigate this Transitory Mist crap. Good times."

He activated the hyperdrive, sending the Scimitar into the depths of Hyperspace.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:23 AM   #130
Rogue Nine
*static*

The journey to Hapes had been uneventful so far, which was perfectly fine with Latch because he had more than enough on his mind at the moment. His life was becoming...for the lack of a better term, weird. First there was that whole encounter with the Jedi woman... he surmised that that was what started it all. Then there were his feelings of uneasiness during the mission, leading him to be unfocused, which was not like him at all. And now there was the thing that had happened in the galley...

Latch grunted and attempted to sink further into his seat in the turret. Ellie had seen it and neither of them were really sure what to think of it, Latch especially. She had not come to bother him about it and he was thankful for that, because he hadn't a clue as to how he'd done something so... weird. It ticked him off a bit, as he wasn't used to not being in control and not understanding what was happening to his own body.

"Ugh," he muttered as he unfurled himself from his seat and stood up. The streaking lines of hyperspace swirled outside his viewport, splashing incandescent light into the turret. They had been traveling for a while and it had given Latch a lot of time to think about what to do next. He knew what he should do, but he wasn't sure if he could do it. Sighing deeply, he clenched his fist into a ball, then relaxed it slowly. Concentrating on a hydrospanner on a shelf not more than a meter away, he held out his hand to it. Nothing happened.

Frowning, Latch tried to concentrate. Why could he stop a mug from falling, but not be able to pick up a simple hydrospanner? Gathering his thoughts together, he leaned forward a little, his outstretched hand still a good distance away from the spanner. After a few moments, the metal tool began to shake slightly. Focusing himself again, Latch lifted his hand slightly and was rewarded with the hydrospanner rising from the shelf to come level with his hand.

"This is too weird," he sighed exasperatedly as he brought his hand back, sending the tool clattering back onto the shelf. He could move things by a simple gesture; this was not normal. This was definitely above normal. This was definitely something that... only a Jedi should be able to do. Latch shook that thought quickly out of his head. "You're not a Jedi, you're not a Jedi," he repeated to himself quietly.

He was confused and didn't know what to make of what had just happened. He just knew that it did and usually it ended up badly. Sighing again, Latch whirled around out of his seat and stalked into the corridor, orienting himself towards the Engineering room. If anyone knew how to fix things, it was Jyot. He just hoped his oldest friend would be supportive of him.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Mercenary Crew: Bounty Hunters: Jewels of the Core