lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Nadreth
Lurker

Red face Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)

So on the Imperial version of Raxus Prime you have to bring down that stupid Star Destroyer...I don't suppose there is a trick to it? Or something that'd help, because I either get nothing done because I'm trying not to die, or get kill by the tie fighters. So is there any tricks to getting the ship down - or is it more likely that I'm going to kill my X-Box in frustration?

...maybe I should start meditating or something...calm me down....

"Possessions are burdens. What you have can always be taken away, so wealth breeds fear." - Darth Caedus

Last edited by Nadreth; 09-17-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Nadreth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Nadreth
Lurker

...*Sigh* I never get responses...

"Possessions are burdens. What you have can always be taken away, so wealth breeds fear." - Darth Caedus
Old 09-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
lol, need to wait more than 30 minutes before you should expect a response.

Anyways, I do not have the Xbox version. In the Wii version you don't even get to bring down the SD, it's just a cutscene. LAME.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Nadreth
Lurker

Really starting to wish it was a cutscene - I've determined that lighting kills the ties easy enough - but now that I have it most of the way down I can't seem to push it further. The green is not showing up.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
RyuuKage

it took me about 45 minutes of "grab SD" + "dodge/kill TIEs", repeat...
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
it took me about 45 minutes of "grab SD" + "dodge/kill TIEs", repeat...
Same thing for me as well.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
Brutalitee
Lurker

well to the guys who say they beat the star destryer, it must not be on the ps3 version. the ship completly rotates back after the you take down the first wave of ties and do the stick toggle thing, i can get the ties down in about 15- 22 sec. The ship completly rotates back and the tie spawner doesn't give me enough time to get to the ship back in to crash statis, the toggles go green and ties are already depleting my life it's like this on all 3 difficulty's. the game is bugged big time. why the heck does the ship rotate back, thats retarded. somettimes it rotates the other way. I've spent 16 hours on this game now, 3 different difficulty's and that lvl is garbage. By the way Nadreth, lighting is good, but grabing the tie's when they get close is much easier and slaming it into another works much faster. A couple of time i've cauaght the destroyer before it rotated all the way back and the ties spawned immediatly.
Brutalitee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
The Star destroyer takedown was VERY annoying the ties stopped me form taking it down quicker! Arghhhh!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie

I just played it for my second time. The second play through I beat it in like 10 minutes. Once I got adjusted to timing my force lightning on the tiesand got used to using the thumb sticks, it was relatively easy.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Old 09-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Question

AUGH!!! That Star Destroyer is SO dumb!!!!! I can't do it! HELP!!!!!!!!!! I have used up SOOO much time trying to take down the Star Destroyer fast enough before the Ties come back! I can't survive very long! UGGG...
Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #11
Truefist
Lurker

Star Destroyer

I will admit it was difficult my first time, however I have since beat it on Apprentice, Warrior, and Sith Lord. The trick is to stand behind one of the pillar type things to block incoming TIE blasters, and right when the TIE is almost over your head , jump facing the fighter and just tap your force lightning. They will blow up with even the smallest hit of lightning. Repeat this as fast as possible for all fighters then get back to pulling the Star Destroyer down ASAP before it has a chance to rotate back to where it was. Force grip it and move the sticks in the shown direction and when they go green keep tapping the sticks to keep it in green. 2 to 3 seconds of green gets you to the pull down arrows. Then pull that bastard down when the sticks show arrows downward. Keep pulling down until the first TIE of next incoming squadron fires at you, then dash back to cover behind pillar and get right to taking out the TIE's on their first pass. I can clear all the TIE's in 2 of their passes, Star Destroyer barely moves back to where it was and I'm pulling it down again. Speed is of the essence. Faster you take out ties, the less times you will have to repeat the sequence in the end. So anyway, game is not bugged at all, it's supposed to be difficult, it's a freakin star destroyer! Hope this helps you guys. Just wait until you gotta fight Vader and/or Emperor! Star Destroyer is easy compared to that.
Truefist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 AM   #12
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
It is just a cutscene for me.

Cool none-the-less.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #13
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
its not too bad. a little force lightning seems to do a pretty decent job, as does grip if you have it maxed since you can grab more than one TIE at a time. this wouldn't be too bad if they spaced out the waves of TIE's a bit more so as to give you more time to get the SD into a low enough position.

still, it almost seems as if this section was almost too difficult.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #14
Darth Eclipse

Can you stand behind a pillar and still be safe from the ties shooting at you? Will they just shoot next to me and hurt me or will the pillar break or will I be safe?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
Egregk
Rookie

So far the best way I have found to do it was to run to either side of the platform and use repeated lightning to fry the Tie's as they swoop around the pillar on the side your on. You can get about 4 ties back to back before you have to wait to recharge your force.

Then start pulling down the SD. I dont know if the error is the same on the PS3, but on the 360 version sometimes the analog sticks on the screen appear green even though it wont let you pull the SD down yet. What that means is usually you have to lift the nose of the SD up a bit before you get the "Pull" arrow markers on the screen. keep pulling even after the tie's start shooting at you and don't stop until they have your health nearly out. Then just repeat the process by running to one side of the platform and blowing up the ties.
Egregk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
lol, need to wait more than 30 minutes before you should expect a response.

Anyways, I do not have the Xbox version. In the Wii version you don't even get to bring down the SD, it's just a cutscene. LAME.
I wanted to die on spot when that happened.

...*sigh*.. what a bummer

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #17
Darth Eclipse

Trust me...it's not a bummer. But the rest of the stuff on PS3 and 360 is better lol.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Sucky aint the word! The complete ball ache of this minute canon killer has made me stop playing for today, maybe tomorrow will bring more patience to the matter
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #19
Darth Eclipse

Thumbs up

I did it!!! I destroyed the Star Destroyer! Also, I beat the rest of the game. I won't say which ending I chose for the sake of not spoiling it for people who didn't beat the game. I am SOOO happy!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #20
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Eclipse View Post
I did it!!! I destroyed the Star Destroyer! Also, I beat the rest of the game. I won't say which ending I chose for the sake of not spoiling it for people who didn't beat the game. I am SOOO happy!!!
Congrats

Old 09-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #21
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
I actually didn't seem to have a problem with this...

Make sure to move both analog sticks in the indicated directions simultaneously - it saves time. Also, ignore the indicator sometimes. If you stop moving the sticks when the indicator tells you, you'll never get to drag it down.

Try to get the SD level. there are two slightly glowing pillars in front of the PC - line the SD's nose up between those, and ensure the thing is level (as if it was flying normally). Then, release the sticks for a moment. If the SD maintains it's level-heading, within a few seconds you'll get the option to pull it down. Do that until you see the approaching TIE fire, then release and destroy them as quickly as possible. Should take between three and five attempts to bring the SD down.

Hope that helps!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Ok, destroy the TIE fighters by either jumping in the air and shocking them w/ Force Lightning or hurling them at other TIE's until all of them are destroyed. Then, start to grip the SD until you're about to die (from TIE fighters) and take cover. Rinse and repeat x3. The fourth time it should come down and you should get the cutscene and an achievement (or trophy, if they made one for completing that level...)

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #23
Sidias.R
Rookie

Indeed. Once you get the hang of it, you'll have it down in no-time. It took me like 45min-1hour to get it down the first time. After I've 'learned' it, it took me like 10-20 seconds to get down the whole squad of TIE fighters, and I get the SD down in 1-2 tries maximum, most of the times.
Sidias.R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Once I managed to figure out that the flashy-thingies in front of the player were guides for levelling the ISD - easy. Just hop around like a kangaroo on speed avoiding TIE fire, give 'em a zap or throw them into each other, then yank the ISD down. It's quite fun in retrospect.

Last edited by SW01; 10-23-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #25
Darth Wolven
Lurker

The ties are easy; just zap with lightning when they are close.

The star destroyer; the toggles that pop up on Xbox are a little mis leading. When the toggle is vertical, it means "take your finger off it". So your trying to get the ship to face you, when this happens the toggles turn green. The you have to move them both up then down, repeat until you bring it close enough to you and the ground.
Darth Wolven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #26
Ali1392
Rookie

lol ive never had anydifficulty with this bit and i have the PS3 version just wait until the tie has fired its first shot dodge that then you can usually kill all but about 2 ties on there first pass and if you get it green the first time and down a bit it will stay at that lower level rather than move back to the compleltly original starting position
Ali1392 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #27
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
The Star Destroyer can be brought down in one try on Apprentice difficulty. The highest level I've played it on 360 is the Sith Lord difficulty and I did it on the third try. The key is taking out TIE's quickly. Once you have mastered that, it won't be that difficult.

As I said in my review, I don't like this part despite mastering it. It's my least favorite thing to do in the game.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 AM   #28
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
This should have been one of the greatest moments in the history of awesome. Instead it'll go down as one of the most poorly executed.

After wanting to put my controller through a wall, I figured out that you have to completely disregard what the on screen stick display is showing you. Just think of the Star Destroyer as a giant arrowhead. You want the arrowhead pointing STRAIGHT at you. Just do it that way and you'll ht the green patches in no time and be able to pul her down.

God this was awful. A level of awfulness were at least a ten percent score reduction is required for it.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 AM   #29
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Smile That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Rhett View Post
This should have been one of the greatest moments in the history of awesome. Instead it'll go down as one of the most poorly executed.

After wanting to put my controller through a wall, I figured out that you have to completely disregard what the on screen stick display is showing you. Just think of the Star Destroyer as a giant arrowhead. You want the arrowhead pointing STRAIGHT at you. Just do it that way and you'll ht the green patches in no time and be able to pul her down.

God this was awful. A level of awfulness were at least a ten percent score reduction is required for it.

Aw, don't feel so bad Boba Rhett, I felt the same way when I tried the level...

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #30
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Anyone get bothered by a floating piece of junk that threw off the Force-lightning targeting? I always knock it down, but when the ties come by, another one appears when I had already dealt with it! I wanted to throw it at the ties, but the debris goes to some target on each side of the screen and NEVER at the ties.

Has anyone had this same debris problem as well?
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #31
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Yeah, it can be a pain in the backside and makes the section longer than it need be - although it is possible to throw the debris into the TIEs, which can be useful. But it does frequently get in the way of an attempt to grab a TIE or fire a lightning attack.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #32
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Well that's what I tried to do, but most shots didn't go for the TIE's, or for that matter, straight. I tried many times to destroy them, but the debris didn't lock onto the TIE's. They often locked onto something else completely, even when I threw it right in the path of the target.

Another thing that I tried with the star destroyer was moving the right joystick up and down as I pulled it one way or the other. It's an exercise for the right thumb, but I noticed it centered the destroyer much faster than just pushing up or down and holding it there. (Hold Left joystick left or right to center the destroyer. The Right joystick can be held up or down, but shifting the stick constantly can increase how quickly you pull the destroyer left or right)
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
Omeganian
Rookie

In the PC version, there seem to be even more problems about the SD. Very difficult to move the mouse fast enough.
Omeganian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #34
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Yeah, the pc has some issues with the SD. After 30 minutes of working on it....i got it down.
Tips:
When moving the SD from right to middle, you should instead move it way left side so when you fight the tie fighters you will destroy them and have the SD already close to the middle position.

When fighting tie fighters go far left or right in order to jump up and use force lighting or use force grab on the ties.
They seems to easier to grab in those corners vs the middle of the screen.

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #35
daventry

Angry

I cannot stand this Scene

CVZ
daventry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #36
DoubleDHZ
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omeganian View Post
In the PC version, there seem to be even more problems about the SD. Very difficult to move the mouse fast enough.
It's nearly impossible, to get the SD in a horizontal position just with my mouse. I tried for about an hour to no avail. My arm hurts and I'm completely p%&$* off.

As soon as I lift up the mouse, put it back at the beginning of the mousepad, to move it up again, the SD drops back to it's original position.

Update:
I finally did it. The trick is, to move the mouse slowly. Speed doesn't count. As long as the mouse is moving, everything is fince. Then lift it up and put it back fast at the beginning of the mousepad and repeat to move it up slowly again. Rinse and repeat...

Still, the controls for this scene are pretty annoying and simply suck...
DoubleDHZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #37
Darth Levin
Lurker

I'm playing the pc version, it's not a problem with those ties for me.
But bringing down the SD...I can pull it down about 2 times to a pretty low position, then it's almost impossible to pull it down again.
It's very slow to rotate the SD in this stage, both vertical and horizontal. When I have to release it to dodge the ties, the SD turn back to its original posistion in seconds.
I've played for more than a hour and gave up, maybe I'll try again some other day.
Darth Levin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #38
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Levin View Post
I'm playing the pc version, it's not a problem with those ties for me.
But bringing down the SD...I can pull it down about 2 times to a pretty low position, then it's almost impossible to pull it down again.
It's very slow to rotate the SD in this stage, both vertical and horizontal. When I have to release it to dodge the ties, the SD turn back to its original posistion in seconds.
I've played for more than a hour and gave up, maybe I'll try again some other day.
The key is if the Destroyer is at a very low position is when you need to slightly move your mouse a bit when the Destroyer starts to get out of position. It has a hard time being stabilized in one position, so you just have to slightly move the mouse in the opposite direction of where the Destroyer needs to go. Because it does take some time when you get it in the correct position before the light turns from red to green so you can start pulling it down, so if you're good at timing when to do slight movements, you'll figure it out just fine.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #39
Darth Levin
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
The key is if the Destroyer is at a very low position is when you need to slightly move your mouse a bit when the Destroyer starts to get out of position. It has a hard time being stabilized in one position, so you just have to slightly move the mouse in the opposite direction of where the Destroyer needs to go. Because it does take some time when you get it in the correct position before the light turns from red to green so you can start pulling it down, so if you're good at timing when to do slight movements, you'll figure it out just fine.
I've tried again today.
Thanks for your suggestion of moving the mouse slightly, this time I can pull the SD into a pretty low altitude and turn it towards me.

But I can't turn the light from red to green. I can't find the green light direction.
Should I turn it right towards me or something?

Last edited by Darth Levin; 01-23-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Darth Levin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #40
jedimike2234
Rookie

this was a problem for me too,what you have to do is keep the star destroyer almost facing you then the light will turn green and you can slowly bring it down,but its tricky ive seen the arrows facing down when i know the ship should be more up and facing me directly....its tricky to say the least,and yes im playing the pc version.keep at it you'll get it the first couple of times is very difficult,now i can do it and i bring it down in 3 attempts.
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > Lord Vader's Chamber > Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)

Tags
destroyer, force, imperial, prime, raxus, star, stupid, unleased