lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I confirm that the "8 hours and repetitive gameplay" is pure lie.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
I confirm that the "8 hours and repetitive gameplay" is pure lie.

I got my PS3 copy yesturday.

I played the game on Sith Lord difficulty , I found the game pretty hard in the second level. The first level took me 2:30 hours to beat , because I wanted all the holocrons "15" hidden holocrons plus I wanted to do the optional objective wich was pretty quick.

In my opinion the game is more about a 20+ hours , If you want to collecte everything plus doing the tutorial challenges. The 8 hours gameplay is a total lie and that because maybe some of the fools that reviewed that game played it on normal or sith difficulty... Everyone who played god of war and ninja gaiden knows there no other difficulty than the hardes.

About the "Repetitive gameplay" that a lie too, same thing again if someone hack and slash through the easy modes then actually succeed then that good for them because that wont work on Sith lord or Sith Master trush me you will die in no time you got to mix your force powers and combos to succeed and be very careful , in some point that game is way harder than God of War.

TFU isn't perfect like the targeting system wich **** but , the reviewers have way exaggerated.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
The Wii version's 6 hour campaign is not exaggerated, unfortunately. I haven't beaten it yet but I believe I am close and have played 5 hours.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
NcNikke
Rookie
 
NcNikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 25
Good to hear that. I'm getting it friday for the PS3. Can't wait


Did you know that Teräs Käsi is steel hand in finnish?
NcNikke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Aku
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 62
Yeah, what really saddens me about the reviews is the Gametrailers review. They actually said that you can kill people in many different varied ways, but that it is enough to just use simple lightsaber swings to deal with everything. Then they called the combat dull.
That's like admitting there is no limit to how varied the internet is, but it is dull because you might as well restrict your surfing exclusively to isitfriday.biz O.o

This topic just makes me look forward to friday even more
Aku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
I found stupid when the reviewers screw game score because they aren't smart enough to reconize the gameplay of a game from trailers and reading.

they all wer waiting for another Jedi knights , first of all does it ***** have Jedi knight in the tittle ?

When I was waiting for lego star wars I wasn't expecting a KOTOR , I mean wtf...

the problem is , the reviewers all are casual gamers , they play the game on the easies difficulty rush through the game , because they dont have weeks to make a review but its also a problem .. I do not care much about reviewers anymore since I view the GTA4 and TFU review , nuff said.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Mickyy
Lurker
 
Mickyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4
i just finished killing Darth Phobos (2 hours later) she was fair hard. but yeah i dunno how many levels i got left but its a good game people were criticizing it saying it wasnt advanced but beleive me it has evolved majorly and it is really good i have fun throwing the storm troopers and wookies around
Mickyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie
 
Hawwi Joshe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
I agree DarthZayne, even for people who may not want to go back and play it on the various difficulty levels can still get plenty of more playing time than the estimated 8 hours simply by going back and trying to find any holocrons they may have missed. Even if you manage to get all the holocrons on the first play through, it still takes extra time to find a few of them per level.

Also DarthZayne, is your forum name on LucasArts "Sionnick"? I assumed it was you because it's very similar to the first post in this thread.


"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader


Last edited by Hawwi Joshe; 09-17-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #8
Revnant
Rookie
 
Revnant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52
You forgot Devil May Cry. Especially with the fourth. Hell or hell mode deffinitly not casual. Plus most people think Dante must die mode is hard as hell. Well be prepared to paste epic pain the likes of which you've never seen. I've got to raxus prime today when I was over my friends house. On the tie fighter facility on the catwalk thing. I move a box type thing and throw it at one of kota's men and some how I think it hit the ground. Then it went up and launched him and both hit a tie. I thought it was hilarious.


HK-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Hk-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
I have made my own website and is in my details. I am still working on it so more will come in time for it.
Revnant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #9
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
It's good to see another angle on this - reassures me a little for Friday's release!

I must say I am not really a fan of difficulty levels - it makes it too easy for reviewers to do as has been said - play on 'easy' and say the game lacks challenge. I prefer the likes of GTA where the difficulty gradually increases from 'stupidly easy' to 'utter suicide'!


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,352
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
From most reports it seems that 5-6 hours is about average...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #11
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
I'm on 5 hours for the Wii, Just finished beating Maris. I assume I'm getting close.


I don't really want it to end...

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie
 
Hawwi Joshe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
I'm on 5 hours for the Wii, Just finished beating Maris. I assume I'm getting close.


I don't really want it to end...
I think we all felt that way. But I still found it pleasing to go and collect all the holocrons I missed and finish any bonus objectives I didn't complete each level.

In the Wii version aren't you able to get concept art, different color crystals, and I think read somewhere regarding different hilts... Although I'm not certain if that's actually implemented on the Wii version.


"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Yes, it is. Hilts are hidden throughout the levels. You can also get diferent color crystals, like you said. Also, the holocrons unlock the concept art. There is also a databank with info on the games characters, I think thats in all versions though.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie
 
Hawwi Joshe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
Yes, it is. Hilts are hidden throughout the levels. You can also get diferent color crystals, like you said. Also, the holocrons unlock the concept art. There is also a databank with info on the games characters, I think thats in all versions though.
Well, it definitely gives you some replay ability to go back and find everything you missed. I'm enjoying doing that on the 360 version. Not to mention maxing out Starkiller's force powers, abilities, and combos.


"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
About the "Repetitive gameplay" that a lie too, same thing again if someone hack and slash through the easy modes then actually succeed then that good for them because that wont work on Sith lord or Sith Master trush me you will die in no time you got to mix your force powers and combos to succeed and be very careful
I found the gameplay to be insanely repetitive. Even when I used only Force Powers, it was just Force Push here, Repulse there, Seeker on this dude, and that's about it. The lightsaber combat was by far the most pitiable part of the game. By far. Smashing one button continuosly isn't really my idea of a fun gameplay, nor are the unisnpired (and few) combos.

Quote:
in some point that game is way harder than God of War.
Like?


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #16
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe View Post
Well, it definitely gives you some replay ability to go back and find everything you missed. I'm enjoying doing that on the 360 version. Not to mention maxing out Starkiller's force powers, abilities, and combos.
Yeah, but I mite do it in a higher difficulty. This game is Relatively easy

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #17
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
One thread says the game is great. Another thread says the game is okay. Is it good, bad, or what?
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #18
NcNikke
Rookie
 
NcNikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
One thread says the game is great. Another thread says the game is okay. Is it good, bad, or what?
People have different opinions.


Did you know that Teräs Käsi is steel hand in finnish?
NcNikke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #19
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
I found the gameplay to be insanely repetitive. Even when I used only Force Powers, it was just Force Push here, Repulse there, Seeker on this dude, and that's about it. The lightsaber combat was by far the most pitiable part of the game. By far. Smashing one button continuosly isn't really my idea of a fun gameplay, nor are the unisnpired (and few) combos.



Like?
1. never used repulse or force push yet againts enemy , because in my opinion its worthless , I creat combos of my own againts enemies,example againts the royal guards im doing the square,square,square then hold circle then square again then I grip and hit on the floor then I force lighting him to death. Dude be creative .

2. Its way harder than god of war , because in god of war you can kill anything with the same old combo even at the hardess difficulty , unlike TFU trust me those ****** jet troopers and Evo troopers are pissing me hardcore.TFU you really need to stop and think of a new strategie because 1 mistake and your dead , example once a AT - ST stomped you just wish that any heavy trooper isn't near at Sith Master because your doomed.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #20
Aanjan
Lurker
 
Aanjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9
it took me 4 1/2 hrs on the ps2 .... the bad thing is , i cant play the particular level i want to , ( it is not supported in the ps2 !!!) , so i have to play again from the start to get all the saber crystals , hilts .... etc ....
Aanjan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
You don't even get to bring the SD down in the Wii version.....

I'm on about 9 hours right now. Although I spend a lot of extra time looking for holocrons and crystals.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #22
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe View Post
I agree DarthZayne, even for people who may not want to go back and play it on the various difficulty levels can still get plenty of more playing time than the estimated 8 hours simply by going back and trying to find any holocrons they may have missed. Even if you manage to get all the holocrons on the first play through, it still takes extra time to find a few of them per level.

Also DarthZayne, is your forum name on LucasArts "Sionnick"? I assumed it was you because it's very similar to the first post in this thread.
Yes I'm sionnick on the LA forum.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #23
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie
 
Hawwi Joshe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
Yes I'm sionnick on the LA forum.
I thought so


"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #24
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
1. never used repulse or force push yet againts enemy , because in my opinion its worthless , I creat combos of my own againts enemies,example againts the royal guards im doing the square,square,square then hold circle then square again then I grip and hit on the floor then I force lighting him to death. Dude be creative .
The number of combos on the game is quite poor compared to any other game of the same genre out there. They're simply too few. I simply can't be creative when I simply don't dispose of the tools for it.


Quote:
2. Its way harder than god of war , because in god of war you can kill anything with the same old combo even at the hardess difficulty
That's quite the generalisation, but assuming that's true, you'd have a difficult time finishing some random enemy with a combo that's not effective enough. And I don't see how that makes the game more difficult.


Quote:
unlike TFU trust me those ****** jet troopers and Evo troopers are pissing me hardcore.TFU you really need to stop and think of a new strategie because 1 mistake and your dead , example once a AT - ST stomped you just wish that any heavy trooper isn't near at Sith Master because your doomed.
I think the same goes for GoW.

An what's the matter if you die on TFU anyway? The checkpoints are abundant, the enemies you killed don't respawn and you can ressurrect as many time as you wish.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #25
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
1. First there is way more combos than god of war 1 and 2 combined . end of story. If you want I can make the whole possible combos of the two games and compare it to TFU wich have way wayyyyyyy more combos.

No tool you say , You can use your environement even the enemie himself to make combos , unlike GoW you got powers that can eventually be part of the combo.

2.the square square square then triangle in god of war destroy every single enemie of the game , make it pointless to use something els than that one.

3.First , if you did play on wii on easy difficulty I dont even know why i'm arguing with you , if you have a ps3 or 360 then play it on Master sith wich is a 1000 time harder than the God of war / Spartan difficulty of GoW.Mixing combos againts different type of enemie and enemy priority is way more vaste than the GoW one .
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
1. First there is way more combos than god of war 1 and 2 combined . end of story. If you want I can make the whole possible combos of the two games and compare it to TFU wich have way wayyyyyyy more combos.
Fine. Write down the list of combos, then. Because I can see the "huge" list containing just a few.

Quote:
No tool you say , You can use your environement even the enemie himself to make combos , unlike GoW you got powers that can eventually be part of the combo.
Only if we restrict ourselves to quickly pushing or storming after some slashings. For holding something on the scenario and throwing it on your enemy doesn't count as a combos as far as I'm aware, since it breaks the pace.

Quote:
2.the square square square then triangle in god of war destroy every single enemie of the game , make it pointless to use something els than that one.
Does it?

Can you kill a minotaur with this combo? A gorgon?

The fact that most (not "every one") combos can be used to damage your enemies, doesn't mean that that's the most efficient course of action.

Quote:
3.First , if you did play on wii on easy difficulty I dont even know why i'm arguing with you , if you have a ps3 or 360 then play it on Master sith wich is a 1000 time harder than the God of war / Spartan difficulty of GoW.Mixing combos againts different type of enemie and enemy priority is way more vaste than the GoW one .
Well, if the Sith Lord (Master Sith?) difficulty is harder than the Spartan, on GoW, what about it? The Spartan isn't even the hardest mode anyway. I take you meant God/Titan.

And no, I haven't found it to be harder. For me, TFU didn't even managed to scratch the surface of GoW on this aspect.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 AM   #27
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
I never said that Wargod and spartan wer the hardess , since spartan as default is the hardess you kinda need to beat the game first at spartan to unlock Titan.I said that to compare the equal , next time ill say GOD VS MASTER SITH.

serriously I dont belive you tried Master sith because your making no sensse.

Oh Yes you can kill a minotaur with that combo but you wont receive the health orbs because you didn't finished him with a QTE . you just have too miss your 3 first attack , not on the minotaur because he will block , then hit triangle in the right time its also work on gordon , thanks you.

And yeah griping a enemie wich is on ground is part of a combo even if its break the pace I'm sorry.

Example Sith flurry to a maximum of pause then circle then square then circle again that will leave the enemy on the ground and make alot of damage so you can finishing him up by griping him and trowing him around because that not blockable since his defensless , please go read the combo definition , "continuous attack that cannot be blocked or been avoided".
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 05:17 AM   #28
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
An what's the matter if you die on TFU anyway? The checkpoints are abundant, the enemies you killed don't respawn and you can ressurrect as many time as you wish.
Your argument has failed with that sentence.

Oh, and I confirm that 20+ hours of gameplay is a lie, 15 MAX, even if you go holocron hunting.


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #29
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
I never said that Wargod and spartan wer the hardess , since spartan as default is the hardess you kinda need to beat the game first at spartan to unlock Titan.I said that to compare the equal , next time ill say GOD VS MASTER SITH.
You actually need to beat God mode first to unlock it, but whatever.


Quote:
serriously I dont belive you tried Master sith because your making no sensse.
Huh? You're the one who said "Master Sith". I simply quoted and used it to counter your argument.

Quote:
Oh Yes you can kill a minotaur with that combo but you wont receive the health orbs because you didn't finished him with a QTE . you just have too miss your 3 first attack , not on the minotaur because he will block , then hit triangle in the right time its also work on gordon , thanks you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del
The fact that most (not "every one") combos can be used to damage your enemies, doesn't mean that that's the most efficient course of action.
I hope it's clearer now.


Quote:
And yeah griping a enemie wich is on ground is part of a combo even if its break the pace I'm sorry.
I love how you back up your information. Says who?

Quote:
please go read the combo definition , "continuous attack that cannot be blocked or been avoided".
Wikipedia says:

"In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence, usually with strict timing limitations, that yield a significant benefit or advantage."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
Your argument has failed with that sentence.
No, I believe you misunderstood what I said. There's nothing I hate more than endless wave of enemies that keep respawning. However, that only applies for me if you DON'T die. After you're dead and the enemies DO NOT respawn, eh, that's lame for me.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #30
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Wikipedia says:

"In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence, usually with strict timing limitations, that yield a significant benefit or advantage."
But since when is Wikipedia a good source of information


Quote:
No, I believe you misunderstood what I said. There's nothing I hate more than endless wave of enemies that keep respawning. However, that only applies for me if you DON'T die. After you're dead and the enemies DO NOT respawn, eh, that's lame for me.
Ah, okay, maybe you should word it better next time


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #31
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
But since when is Wikipedia a good source of information
And since when Zayne there is either?

He didn't even named a source for that "definition".


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
Ali1392
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 205
i think GOW was harder but because of the puzzle sections i never died once in a fighting bit (on GOW)apart from the gorgon freeze slash attack, and the Bosses on GOW where easier aswell i mean Ares was a push over, both have good storys and a nice twist in the middle-end section, in GOW1 who wasnt shocked when you saw kratos get hit by a log, and if you had stayed away from spoilers the vader stab though the cheast bit on this was shocking as well. So they are both good games another thing they have incommen is that i think the best level was the first on both in gow the Hydra was the best in FU the sheer destructability in kashyk made that one the best i think
Ali1392 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #33
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
1. first about the respawn , its the same ***** system in god of war , you die you respawn at the last save point and you have the option to lower the difficulty . that the only difference.

2.here what wiki said :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_(video_games)

"In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits. The combo requires that an initial hit connects. This hit is then followed by an often predetermined sequence of other hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hit(s) in the sequence. Depending on the game design, a combo can have a final".

3. I use that combo againts minotaur in God (gow1) and Titan (gow2) because its safer Your argument still make no sensse. ( and it does tons of AoE damage.)


Next time you read something on wikipedia and try to back up your argument with it , please read the full stuff please.

And BTW you said that you using the sith seeker move, that ain't in the 360 and PS3 version of the game so your playing it on Wii or ps2 or psp since you dont want to tell us wich version your playing .

You said your limited with the tool , then go buy a new console.

Since you do not have any good argument and you cannot prove anything , I'm done with you.

Last edited by DarthZayne; 09-20-2008 at 01:59 PM.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #34
Master Sanders
Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4
i dont think the Wii version even has different difficulties...i have beaten it a few times and dont remember any difficulty settings...


: :
: :



My Lightsabers

Master Sanders is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #35
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
1. first about the respawn , its the same ***** system in god of war , you die you respawn at the last save point and you have the option to lower the difficulty . that the only difference.
No, it's not the sole difference. The enemies you killed stay dead even after your ressurrction at a checkpoint.

Quote:
"In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits. The combo requires that an initial hit connects. This hit is then followed by an often predetermined sequence of other hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hit(s) in the sequence. Depending on the game design, a combo can have a final".
Thank you for corroborating, that just proves what I said.

Quote:
3. I use that combo againts minotaur in God (gow1) and Titan (gow2) because its safer Your argument still make no sensse. ( and it does tons of AoE damage.)
Yours is the one that's not making much sense at all. You use it because it's "safer"? And on the God/Titan modes? I'm sorry, but if your strategy resumes to that you'd get killed after leaving the hydras incident (GoW1) or Rhodes (GoW2). That leads me to believe you haven't gone too far on either GoW games.

Quote:
And BTW you said that you using the sith seeker move, that ain't in the 360 and PS3 version of the game so your playing it on Wii or ps2 or psp since you dont want to tell us wich version your playing .
I actually own both the PS2 and 360 versions. The issue is more grave on the PS2, but the other version isn't too far away.

Quote:
Since you do not have any good argument and you cannot prove anything , I'm done with you.
Oh yeah, because you have, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Sanders
i dont think the Wii version even has different difficulties...i have beaten it a few times and dont remember any difficulty settings...
Well, I can't tell for the Wii version, but the PS2 sure has difficulties to chose from. I believe you don't see them because you chose to restart the game with the powers and items you acquired on the previous playthrough.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #36
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
1.your wrong you just proved that your not playing the game either on x360 or ps3 , because the enemie respawn if you die.

2. the only thing I'm corroborating is how wrong you are. Like i said using powers even if its breaking the pace is still part of the combo , example the launcher in GoW.

3. dude comon , I'm not talking about the boss , dont change the subject with stupid facts, because you just got broke when I said that you can kill all the enemies not the boss the enemies with that combo , not only because its safer its easier to dispatch a bunch of enemie and plus its doing tons of damage and to let you know i beated both games 3 and 4 times .

4. lies and you proved it yourself.

5. the only thing your proving its your good at contradiction .
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #37
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne View Post
1.your wrong you just proved that your not playing the game either on x360 or ps3 , because the enemie respawn if you die.
Granted, I bought the 360 version two days ago and I haven't tested it yet. So excuse me if I was wrong on that part.

Quote:
2. the only thing I'm corroborating is how wrong you are. Like i said using powers even if its breaking the pace is still part of the combo , example the launcher in GoW.
Nay, they're not. Especially not on GoW since if it just take a few seconds for the combo count to reset. And Square, square, triangle, a launcher? It's more like a smasher.

Quote:
3. dude comon , I'm not talking about the boss , dont change the subject with stupid facts, because you just got broke when I said that you can kill all the enemies not the boss the enemies with that combo , not only because its safer its easier to dispatch a bunch of enemie and plus its doing tons of damage and to let you know i beated both games 3 and 4 times .
I'm not talking about the bosses either. I'm talking about the corresponding first stages on both games. The whole thing, not the bosses. And if you've beaten the game using only this combo, you're the God of War yourself.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #38
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Took me about 15. I searched for holocrons though.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #39
BanthaFodder01
Rookie
 
BanthaFodder01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42
By the way, Ive died and the enemies do respawn.
BanthaFodder01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #40
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie
 
Hawwi Joshe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanthaFodder01 View Post
By the way, Ive died and the enemies do respawn.

Your right they do, I've noticed that as well. I've played through the game several times now. If you ever save and quit or die, when you return most all of the enemies you face respawn.


"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > I confirm that the "8 hours and repetitive gameplay" is pure lie.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.