lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mission Vao as...the Exile
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #41
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
I might as well start over on this or give up modding entirely. Those are the only options I can see from my perspective
Definitely don't give up on it. Trust me... use the Twin sister model

Mission is a toughie though.. her bright face is the key, however as you can see below, body matching might take some time.

Quote:
EDIT: @ChainZ - Sure; Love to see it.
~snipped pics ~
From here on, since Ferc has the hang of it.. I'd rather we give feedback based on his vision rather than comparing it to mine - Cz

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-06-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: snipped pics so we can give Ferc proper feedback rather than comparisons
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #42
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Cut corners? If I was doing that, I'd have taken one of the 2 K2 blue twi'lek skins and called it Mission.
I don't understand why you wouldn't start out with one of the blue twileks, why make life hard for yourself?

Quote:
This is......honestly...my best 2nd most quality work & people go so far as to call it a "paint job"? I earned this WIP by "the sweat of [my] brow". And, people to even go to name-calling? 'Cuz that's real mature.
Don't you think your being a tad, overly dramatic? Especially considering I could list a few of your mods, that require far more technical skill than what is on show here. Also where is this name calling?

Quote:
I might as well start over on this or give up modding entirely. Those are the only options I can see from my perspective. (And, don't think to call me a drama king; Because I am just expressing my true feelings/thoughts.)
Already did - you do realise your having a teenage moment? People have offered; key here - constructive criticism... My advice would boil down to good things come to those who wait - after all if you can't wait for your fish to cook you end up with a tummy bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post

Mission is a toughie though.. her bright face is the key, however as you can see below, body matching might take some time.

~snipped pics ~
From here on, since Ferc has the hang of it.. I'd rather we give feedback based on his vision rather than comparing it to mine - Cz
Chainz that is a thing of beauty my friend

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-06-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: snipped pics so we can give Ferc proper feedback rather than comparisons
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #43
rictus135

This is definitely a close resemblance to Mission.

@ChaiNz: Lets try not to get into a mod off here.

There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm not too fat. I'm alive aren't I?

Last edited by rictus135; 09-05-2008 at 12:12 AM.
rictus135 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 11:50 PM   #44
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:

If I all get is hostile criticism, unlike your constructive criticism, then I might eventually give up.

Looks...well, if mine was horrible (according to some users)...good. Did you use A or B for your head's base?
Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #45
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus135 View Post
@ChaiNz: Lets try not to get into a mod off here.
Definitely not my intention.. hehehe...

I would very much like to see Ferc continue with the project, as it's a popular request (Mission for TSL), and I know he has the skillz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast
Did you use A or B for your head's base?
Not sure to be honest (many moons ago). I just remember it's the "thinner" Twin Sister. She has a solid black cap rather than head 'skin' showing through.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #46
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
Quote:
~snipped pics ~
Mission looks five years older

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-06-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: snipped pics so we can give Ferc proper feedback rather than comparisons
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #47
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Definitely not my intention.. hehehe...

I would very much like to see Ferc continue with the project, as it's a popular request (Mission for TSL), and I know he has the skillz.

Not sure to be honest (many moons ago). I just remember it's the "thinner" Twin Sister. She has a solid black cap rather than head 'skin' showing through.
Don't worry, I will. I just looked & found which one you meant. It actually looks much easier to reskin than my original. Since I'll be busy most of tomorrow, I'll try to get a rough draft (do skins have drafts? or is just essays that have drafts? ) posted here late tommorow or mid-Saturday.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #48
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I don't understand why you wouldn't start out with one of the blue twileks, why make life hard for yourself?

Don't you think your being a tad, overly dramatic? Especially considering I could list a few of your mods, that require far more technical skill than what is on show here. Also where is this name calling?

Already did - you do realise your having a teenage moment? People have offered; key here - constructive criticism... My advice would boil down to good things come to those who wait - after all if you can't wait for your fish to cook you end up with a tummy bug.

Chainz that is a thing of beauty my friend
Nothing against Chainz but those look like they are from Alveron182's MissionVao19 mod.

sent you a PM as to 'why' so we don't disrupt the WIP.. but I can 100% guarantee you these are my skins - Cz

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-05-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 02:50 AM   #49
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
I don't suppose the ChAiNz head and Ferc's head could make it into a mod?...I like 'em both...

PS: ChAiNz head=19 year old Mission
Ferc's head=Mission's older sister

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #50
Ferc Kast
Modder

The best GIMP seems to be letting me do for the skin tone using Hue/Saturation:

If I made it any brighter with Hue/Saturation, the pixels would get distorted. @Chainz: Do remember how you got yours to be the correct skin tone? Is it b/c I'm using GIMP? If so, it seems that it'll never be good enough.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #51
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:

If I made it any brighter with Hue/Saturation, the pixels would get distorted. @Chainz: Do remember how you got yours to be the correct skin tone? Is it b/c I'm using GIMP? If so, it seems that it'll never be good enough.
Now, that's looking a lot better Wish I could help out with GIMP - but I'm purely a Photoshop boy... Good work so far though

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #52
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Don't worry, I will. I just looked & found which one you meant. It actually looks much easier to reskin than my original. Since I'll be busy most of tomorrow, I'll try to get a rough draft (do skins have drafts? or is just essays that have drafts? ) posted here late tommorow or mid-Saturday.
You have gotten a lot further. Then I have ever have in modding. Keep working at it. No buddy was born the perfect modder. Heck I may even try my hand at modding again.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #53
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:

Why don't you import Mission's actual head texture and then edit it until it fits the model? That's what I'd do, and it looks like what ChAiNz.2da did.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #54
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Why don't you import Mission's actual head texture and then edit it until it fits the model? That's what I'd do, and it looks like what ChAiNz.2da did.
Is that skin included in TSL's game files?

I was under the impression that it was not.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #55
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Is that skin included in TSL's game files?

I was under the impression that it was not.

_EW_
I think SE meant to import Missions texture next to the one you are doing for comparison...

Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #56
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I think SE meant to import Missions texture next to the one you are doing for comparison...
I don't think so, as that's what Ferc was already doing.

He said:
Quote:
edit it until it fits the model
which makes me think that he was talking about editing the skin directly.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #57
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
I don't think so, as that's what Ferc was already doing.

He said:

which makes me think that he was talking about editing the skin directly.

_EW_
I was actually talking about it directly, didn't realize it wasn't in the game files. Never mind. :P

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #58
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:

Looking much better man.. kudos

Photoshop myself here as well.. however does GIMP have a "Levels" control? Using Levels you can define how high your whites go compared to mids-darks.. it's what I use to get the 'flare' on the forehead. That, and Photoshop allows me to create light sources as well

Also, when using HSL controls, can GIMP separate which channel you adjust (Reds, Greens, Blues)? You can also use that to choke how much of a certain color field gets adjusted by HSL. It really helps in trying to get Mission's 'powder blue' skin tone. Kill the reds.. they're murdering the blue's potential.

After that, you can use just the opposite (kill blues) on her lips then lower the saturation of red on her lips to 'pink' them out. "Draw" her new lip shape with some semi-black lines to re-shape the upper lip cress and your set.

Mission's face is actually just like applying makeup. You can "fake" making her have a skinnier nose ridge and smaller lips just by applying the right colors and shades (having sisters AND working in TV helps since you learn alot more about makeup than you ever wanted to know.. hehehe)

Old 09-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #59
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Looking much better man.. kudos

Photoshop myself here as well.. however does GIMP have a "Levels" control? Using Levels you can define how high your whites go compared to mids-darks.. it's what I use to get the 'flare' on the forehead. That, and Photoshop allows me to create light sources as well

Also, when using HSL controls, can GIMP separate which channel you adjust (Reds, Greens, Blues)? You can also use that to choke how much of a certain color field gets adjusted by HSL. It really helps in trying to get Mission's 'powder blue' skin tone. Kill the reds.. they're murdering the blue's potential.

After that, you can use just the opposite (kill blues) on her lips then lower the saturation of red on her lips to 'pink' them out. "Draw" her new lip shape with some semi-black lines to re-shape the upper lip cress and your set.

Mission's face is actually just like applying makeup. You can "fake" making her have a skinnier nose ridge and smaller lips just by applying the right colors and shades (having sisters AND working in TV helps since you learn alot more about makeup than you ever wanted to know.. hehehe)
"Levels" *looks* Yep; GIMP has Levels. I've never seen or used it before though. Being involved with my school's theatre program all 4 years of high school, I know more than I would like about makeup. (Plus, I have a friends of the other gender, and 7 sisters. ) So, I definitely know too much about makeup. After I kill the reds, do I then go back to using H/S/L? Or how does

Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #60
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
"Levels" *looks* Yep; GIMP has Levels. I've never seen or used it before though.
Not to worry.. it's pretty simple and a tool alot of people come to love (because it's simple and effective). You'll have 3 sliders generally.. Whites, Mids, Blacks. Consider them like a throttle/choke. Depending on where you set these sliders tells the program how much (how far) they're allowed to go.

http://www.fotolinq.com/freetraining...andlevels.html

other GIMP tuts

http://www.fotolinq.com/index.php?op...d=54&Itemid=27

Quote:
After I kill the reds, do I then go back to using H/S/L? Or how does
Yeah, you can...(be sure to switch the HSL range so you're not only affecting the one color) or use whichever method is most comfortable for you to use as far as color manipulation.

It's alot easier if you make selections around what you're manipulating first rather than 'entire skin'. Otherwise you're going to really screw stuff up hehehe.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-05-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: mos-spellings
Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #61
Ferc Kast
Modder

Well, I decided to start with the head tails, just to ensure I got the correct coloring for Mission.

Test 1

I couldn't tell if I was on the right track or not.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #62
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Well, I decided to start with the head tails, just to ensure I got the correct coloring for Mission.

Test 1

I couldn't tell if I was on the right track or not.
Definitely looks powder blue to me
Would probably tone down the saturation of blue 'just a tad' (remember, lights and reflections in the game will amplify alot), but for the most part it looks like you're right on track man. Looks good to me

Old 09-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #63
Rachel_Ewok

Current Game: Bioshock! =3
Ferc: That skin colour for Mission looks great, but take ChAiNz.2da's advice and tone it down just a bit. You're well on your way now!

I can only do recoulours of armours and jedi robes, so you're better than me, I couldn't have done what you did... Well maybe I could, but I'd need to figure it out first. XD

Keep it up.

This siggy is about truth, beauty, freedom, and above all things love.
Rachel_Ewok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #64
Ferc Kast
Modder

Well, after a bit more tweaking, I think I got the skin tone closer:

Before | After

I now only have fix the eyebrows & lip coloring, and/or the highlights if I can even figure how to do them.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #65
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Well, after a bit more tweaking, I think I got the skin tone closer:

Before | After

I now only have fix the eyebrows & lip coloring, and/or the highlights if I can even figure how to do them.
Looks perfect

The other stuff isn't so hard once you get in to a groove. However I'll tell ya one thing.. Go ahead and save exactly what you have now and make a duplicate, and stash it somewhere safe. Applying the "makeup" can get tediuos and one false save and you're going to be bouncing off the wall

Lips will be the hardest. What you'll want to do is draw out her lip line first whether it bleeds over the blue skin or not. This is going to give you your 'guideline' so as to know what part of the lips/face will become pink and what part of the lips will be camouflaged blue to blend with her face. Basically sketch them out then fill it in.. touch up where necessary.

Mission is 'pouty' (as far as TSL heads go) 'squared' lower lip. high crests upper lip.

Eyebrows are a snap since the Twin Sister obviously plucked..hehehe
Just blend the ends in a little bit so they're not as long.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #66
Ferc Kast
Modder

The eyebrows are done, and TriggerGod got rid of the "spots" on her lekku for me. I'm playing around with the idea of having her in Scout Clothing at the moment. So, here's my updated Mission.

Clicky

Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #67
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Wow.

This is definitely looking like one i'd use.

I love playing as a twi'lek.

Btw, are we going to see some custom items? Like Missions Vibroblade?

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #68
tenukkiut
Lurker

Quote:
The eyebrows are done, and TriggerGod got rid of the "spots" on her lekku for me. I'm playing around with the idea of having her in Scout Clothing at the moment. So, here's my updated Mission.

Clicky
So much better, methinks. But for me, the one thing that stands out about mission is her ever-present mischievous smile. Yeah, I read the previous posts, but maybe an ever so slight up-curl of the lips would make it seem like the old mission. This one looks too serious - which is why, I think, people said that she looks much older.

And am I the only one who thinks that the lekku spots looks hotter? Ooh, maybe that can be the dark side transition rather than the vein-popping action. Along with other evil-ler effects, of course.

Definitely downloading it once it comes out.
tenukkiut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 06:33 AM   #69
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
nice work better than i could ever do

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
xediixarwarz.com

NEXTGEN PICZ
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #70
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
That does look good and I probally will download it when it comes out...but it looks like something's missing...I just cant put my Lekku on it...I'm not saying I hate it but its missing something. please dont yell at me...
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #71
Allronix
Forumite

Story suggestions

If it's going to be a total conversion (and this DOES look like a lot of fun!):

1. Mission was illegally trained by Revan. On an LS Revan, she's still loyal to Revan, despite attempts by the Council to turn her against Revan. On a DS Revan, she was trained, but betrayed and left to die on Lehon, only to somehow escape.

2. Or, [You'll have to ask Redhawke's permission] she was trained by her cousin Arajj Vao (from Redhawke's "Mission Jedi" mod), and Arajj can be one of the Council members you have to find. (Swapping her out for Vash would be easiest)

3. Tinker a bit with the Canderous conversations. She'll know damn well who he is the instant he opens his mouth, and they likely had a passing acquaintanceship going all the way back to Lower Taris. Ditto with the T3-M4 conversations, especially when the holo is displayed.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #72
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Those three sound like good options.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #73
Ferc Kast
Modder

I'm glad people are still interested in this mod. But, I have this thread for all of my WIP mods now & in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
If it's going to be a total conversion (and this DOES look like a lot of fun!):

1. Mission was illegally trained by Revan. On an LS Revan, she's still loyal to Revan, despite attempts by the Council to turn her against Revan. On a DS Revan, she was trained, but betrayed and left to die on Lehon, only to somehow escape.

2. Or, [You'll have to ask Redhawke's permission] she was trained by her cousin Arajj Vao (from Redhawke's "Mission Jedi" mod), and Arajj can be one of the Council members you have to find. (Swapping her out for Vash would be easiest)

3. Tinker a bit with the Canderous conversations. She'll know damn well who he is the instant he opens his mouth, and they likely had a passing acquaintanceship going all the way back to Lower Taris. Ditto with the T3-M4 conversations, especially when the holo is displayed.
Anyways, I might do a "total conversion" with this mod eventually. But, due to the same reason that I'm trying to conclude modding for a while (No; I'm not saying why, yet.), I'm keeping it simply as a "as PC" WIP for now. Great ideas, though.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Mission Vao as...the Exile

Tags
exile, mission, tsl