lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Garage Sales are great!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-23-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
EmmyNS79
Lurker

Garage Sales are great!

Allright, I'm just super-giddy at the moment.

Last summer, my mom and brother went to garage sales, and it's sort of a prerequisite to look for any Star Wars items for me. Last year, my brother's keen eye spotted what have become my two most prized posessions, a mint, out of box Yoda, with cloth robe, plastic belt and cane intact (no snake thingie, though) and a "Droids" Boba Fett, also mint, out of box.

Today (or rather yesterday as it's past midnight) I found some more 80's goodness. Not mint, but still great condition X-Wing and Ewok village playset.

All this for under $10 total in a year. Either the people who sold them are clueless to the worth, or I'm just really lucky.

Anyone else find great gems at garage sales, swap meets or junk/pawn shops?
EmmyNS79 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 04:01 AM   #2
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
NICE!

im always on the look out at car boot sales fo starwars stuff

you deffinately sure its the ewok village and not the robin hood one?

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
you deffinately sure its the ewok village and not the robin hood one?
Same difference. The colors are a bit different but both don't come cheap.

Those are great finds. Vintage stuff at garage sales are rare because most people that had the vintage stuff either sold it off by now in the '80s/ '90s or they're not willigng to part with it.

And another thing to note, all vintage Boba Fetts are the same. The one from Droids looks just like the one on the SW 21 backed card, ESB card, RotJ card, and PotF card.

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
EmmyNS79
Lurker

I'm 80% certain it's the Ewok playset, but either way, the value for me isn't how much it's worth to Johnny Collector, it's because I now have one more find for my own collection.

And as far as Boba Fett, I just assumed it was the "Droids" version, you're right and it could be any of them.

But again, the worth to me isn't how much they can be sold for, it's how much they mean to me.
EmmyNS79 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 AM   #5
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyNS79

But again, the worth to me isn't how much they can be sold for, it's how much they mean to me.
Yeah even so it is a great find

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Nice Find.

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
DigiBey
Rookie

I've goten a Boba Fett in pretty good condition. But that was like 3 years ago. So I don't remember how much I got it for. I know he did not come with a blaster. But after like a year I accidentle broke off his missle that's attached to his jetpack. Then I have know I idea how long ago it was, (It had to be at least 3 years ago) I got a Dewback. (I think that's what there called. The things the Jawas ride. And you see a Jawa fall off of one when Luke and Obi are riding though Mos Eisley.) He did not have a jawa with him but he was in pretty good condition also.

I am at the bottom of the food chain... iGuppy!
DigiBey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
Jediknight1818
Rookie

Last summer I was at a garage sale and this guy seen me looking at his star wars stuff, before I left I ended up with a free die-cast naboo starfighter model and paid 25 cents for a still in the box at-st model.
Jediknight1818 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
hellhawk
Rookie

i find newer ones, but still a bargain
hellhawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Collecting > Garage Sales are great!