lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: who do you love the most????
Miguel??? 3 4.48%
Ze Handmaiden??? 64 95.52%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: disciple/handmaiden
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #41
noghri_assasin
Lurker

Location: In the unknows with revan and my character just hangin'
I so go with HandMaiden! Disciple is so annoying! His lines and everything, he's just really dumb anyway. he has in no way enogh wisdom to be a Counseler.
noghri_assasin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2005, 06:10 AM   #42
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeKatarn
spoiler:
The handamiden has a name too you know, Brianna!

Yeah about that, whats the deal there? Why are they called Deciple/HandMaiden and not their real names?

Anyway, I always play through with female characters (lets face it, the male profile choices aren't that good for 1 or 2) so I have only had Deciple in my party. While he can be nice to have along since he praises your every good deed (and for me was the first jedi I could train), his character was totally lacking and rather boring. I'm unsure how HandMaiden will be as far as her story goes, but really ANYTHING would be an improvement over Deciple.
Mira Dona is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #43
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
The explanation behind Handmaiden's lost name is because she swore to serve Atris and therefore became nameless, only referred too as the last of the Handmaiden.

I can't find the logic behind not calling the Disciple simply Mical.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #44
M1911A1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpatine_dc
And yes I find her way hotter than disciple
Amen!

To know the light you must see the dark.
M1911A1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #45
TheOssusKeeper
Forumite

i would have to say Handmaiden (Brianna)...
it seems Kriea manipulates Disciple (Mical) more then the handmaiden, i wonder why...

TheOssusKeeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #46
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOssusKeeper
i would have to say Handmaiden (Brianna)...
it seems Kriea manipulates Disciple (Mical) more then the handmaiden, i wonder why...
Probably because...
spoiler:
...he's starting to catch on to what is going on, and as such could gain insight into Kreia's plans. There's no need to manipulate the Handmaiden since she pretty much just blindly follow you without a clue as to what is really going on.

Other than that the two are fairly similar personality-wise. Both are totally humorless, serious and a bit naive. Both follow the Exile because of the emotional attachment they've formed to her (though more strongly in the case of the Disciple, since you have a past history even if he won't admit it at first).

IMHO, the Handmaiden is slightly less annoying than the Disciple though. Not exactly sure what it is about the Disciple that bothers me, but there is something...

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 08-09-2005 at 01:12 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #47
TheOssusKeeper
Forumite

i don't know, but i think disciple kinda' reminds me of bastila in a way, all serious and stodgy... i can see some traits that they are similar to each other i guess... but i don't really like disciple either...

TheOssusKeeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #48
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
Both follow the Exile because of the emotional attachment they've formed to her (though more strongly in the case of the Disciple, since you have a past history even if he won't admit it at first).

IMHO, the Handmaiden is slightly less annoying than the Disciple though. Not exactly sure what it is about the Disciple that bothers me, but there is something...

I think that was the only really redeamable element of his character, finding out about that history (though brief in coming). It added a nice element to give more insight about who the Exile was before the start of the game. Of course Handmaiden does the same thing. . . but with a more detattched way of going about it.

Having finally played with both characters thanks to a certain mod. . . I found the stuff Handmaiden adds to the over all story far more gratifying.

As for why Disciple is annoying (other than the whole lack a real name), I would have to say I think its probably his voice which kills his character the most. He sounds like he would be better suited to a fairytale than the SW universe.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #49
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira Dona
As for why Disciple is annoying (other than the whole lack a real name),

He does have a real name Mical. Why he isn't called Mical is a mystery to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira Dona
I would have to say I think its probably his voice which kills his character the most. He sounds like he would be better suited to a fairytale than the SW universe.
You're so right! He looks a bit like those blonde prince charming from "generic fairy tale # X".
Or maybe he just sounds like he's high all the time.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #50
Mira Dona
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
He does have a real name Mical. Why he isn't called Mical is a mystery to me.
That's sort of my point, it made no sense to exclude that. Looking at it from a personal relationship sense, its hard to identify with someone who lacks a name. Calling him Disciple all the time lends itself easily to seeing him as nothing more than an object, which hurts any game when the story relies on you needing to 'care' enough about these characters that you WANT to find out their history and give them a chance to add things to the game.

Quote:
You're so right! He looks a bit like those blonde prince charming from "generic fairy tale # X".
Yup, that was the first thing I thought when he first spoke. Before I first ran into his character I thought he would be alright, but after that first bow and his first lines I was like "I hate you." I was in total agreement with Atton.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #51
thundrfang1
Rookie

His name is Mical! Anyway, I vote Handmaiden.
thundrfang1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #52
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Another old thread!

Handmaiden wins. No contest. I'm a girl, and I still HATE AND DESPISE blonde bland little Mr. Prince Charming wanna-be with the bad accent. He's waaaaaay too easy to pry stuff out of. And he's naive. INCREDIBLY naive. (Way to go, Atton. Shoulda insisted that he not come along just a little harder...)

Handmaiden's pretty, and she's not automatically, "Oh, I love you! I'll do anything you say!" which really gets on my nerves. She has a great hairdo, too! I'm strongly tempted to get the handmaiden/fem Exile mod just so I won't have to put up with 'Meeeeeekul'. (Sorry, ever since I heard his name was Mical, I always think of the guy in K1 ) If I can just avoid the dialog options that lead to the romance, it'd be really really fun...

Poor Disciple! He is losing this poll so bad!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.

Last edited by Endorenna; 09-27-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #53
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Obviously, we're a little late...

Anyway, I put my cross next to Brianna. Firstly, I normally played TSL as a DSM (albeit as Mical a couple of times), so I have more familiarity with the Brianna character.

From what I could tell from my only canon playthrough (LSF), Brianna seems to be an immediately superior combatant, very useful in the early battles before hitting the prestige classes. She also has, in my opinion, a much better storyline. Mical's presence seemed to become rather redundant after a while, just another gun in the party, like Mandalore, or HK, T3, G0-T0...

Granted, if the deleted content had gone ahead, Mical may have been much more interesting, with the holocron hunt, etc. but as it stands, only Brianna's story really seems to get to a conclusion.

It is plain that Mical was to be to the female exile what Bastila was to the male Revan, especially in light of the deleted content, but I feel the character fails miserably.

And yes, Mical's doe-like naivety wore thin quite quickly - at least Brianna had a few good scraps with Atton and Visas!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #54
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Definitely Brianna. The story becomes so much richer with her and her subplot present. This is why I was insanely disappointed with Lucas Film's decision to canonize the Jedi Exile as a female since it removes all of that great content from the story.

hank God for Stoffe's "Handmaiden Choice for Females" mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS

Last edited by Zerimar Nyliram; 09-28-2008 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Typo.
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2008, 12:21 AM   #55
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Definitely Brianna. The story becomes so much richer with her and her subplot present. This is why I was insanely disappointed with Lucas Film's decision to canonize the Jedi Exile as a female since it removes all of that great content from the story. T

hank God for Stoffe's "Handmaiden Choice for Females" mod!
QFE

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > disciple/handmaiden