lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anakin vs. Revan
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #41
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
thats their problem! actually, for that matter why should we bring up kotor or episode 3? some people wouldnt have played/seen it!
The difference there being, just about EVERYONE on this forum has seen Ep 3 and played KotOR, it is a KotOR forum, after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
Man, I am some kind of EU Deity.
Yes, yes you are.


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #42
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 866
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Scenario 1: Revan
Scenario 2: Anakin (Death Star tips the scales)
Scenario 3: Revan
Scenario 4: Anakin
Scenario 5: Revan


Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 AM   #43
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
What makes you think Revan is all that powerful? He was described as a brilliant strategist, and certainly a very powerful Jedi, but other than Kreia's fetishistic fixation on him, there's nothing to suggest he's all that powerful. The Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu is the real reason why Revan was able to get through all those Dark Jedi. Darth Bane understood this, which is why he created the Rule of Two, so that from then on, all Sith would be more powerful than Jedi.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 01:36 AM   #44
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be
 
Endorenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,140
Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Law of the what?????


Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #45
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Prepare to be Enlightened, Miss Endorenna.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 AM   #46
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
What makes you think Revan is all that powerful? He was described as a brilliant strategist, and certainly a very powerful Jedi, but other than Kreia's fetishistic fixation on him, there's nothing to suggest he's all that powerful. The Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu is the real reason why Revan was able to get through all those Dark Jedi. Darth Bane understood this, which is why he created the Rule of Two, so that from then on, all Sith would be more powerful than Jedi.
what makes you think anakin is so powerful? apart from having outrageous force potential and raw power, he never acheived it.
think about it: his potential was cut down, he lost his limbs, was burnt alive, relies on a suit that was designed to not be as good as it should be to live, was totally manipulated by sidious (a fact that he acknowledges), killed the absolute love of his life (and in his mind, his kid) has no friends or relationships other than a wrinkly old sadistic prune, thus, he hates himself, like sion, is emo and deformed, and is broken inside. i could go on about how revan was a plain better person than anakin (but i have no doubt that revan wouldve also been arrogant to some point). but this is about power.
so then take them at the apexes of their power: anakin's potential was reduced. he was still formidable, and learnt much from sidious, but he never became as powerful as he couldve been, (even the cut down potential).
luke was able to defeat him with such little jedi training. (ive heard luke had the same amount of power as his father)
compare with revan: has heaps of force potential (not as much as anakin and luke) but strong. champion of the jedi order at the time. has access to jedi archives and has a strong hunger to learn to go with it. he learns from many jedi masters, to get good at everything. (probably an over achiever)
now he goes of to war. visiting many planets and has a lot of resources at his command. he can go do stuff without the council breathing down on his neck. for example if the war takes him to some planet with some dark and ancient temple, he can run around in it as much as he wants.
then he turns to the dark side... now he has access to trayus and i have no doubt he wouldve gone crazy in there. he obviosly learnt crazy sith teachings, new powers and abilities, and goodness knows what else is in there. so he excels at light, and now has knowledge of the dark. now, he would have gone to korriban or wherever and slaughtered the previous dark lord in single combat. that would mean he had enough skill in the dark (possibly) to do so. now, he has a war to fight and has no shortage of opportunities to try out his newfound sithly ruthlessness, tactics, and principles. then he loses his memory and becomes a stronger jedi than what he was before (seems to be a recurring trend with jedi...).
he goes and defeats malak, and now he has a girlfriend, which is nice and would help emotianally etc. he then regains his all lost memory and goes off to learn MORE at trayus and runs off to fight the unknown enemy. im not saying hes a god, im saying that so far, he seems to have gotten more powerful than anakin did.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 AM   #47
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Hardly. There's no reason to believe Anakin lost any power after Mustafar, except maybe his confidence. Being a good person doesn't make you more powerful in the Force, unfortunately, as proved by Jorus C'baoth, who was an incredibly powerful Jedi despite being an arrogant scumbag.

The Suit can be modified. He doesn't have to wear it all the time, thus meaning it can be altered, modified. Rebuilt. It obviously had at least one major redesign, as evidenced by the differences between the Ep. 3 suit and the OT suit.

How does being manipulated by Sidious have anything to do with this? That's kind of what Sidious did to everyone.

Also, Luke only defeated him by going into a Force-enhanced rage. Vader obliterated him on Bespin and was winning on the Death Star II. It wasn't an 'easy victory' for Luke.

Also, you can't 'Excel at Light' and be Good at the Dark. They're a mutually exclusive power source. You can't simultaneously serve the Force and subjugate it.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 AM   #48
TheExile
Junior Member
 
TheExile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 342
Revan is better then Anakin, you grandpas!
Anakin was just a slacker, messing around here and there thinking he's important. He never trained as he should, he never respected orders as he should, he was weak and got fooled by Sidious.
Compare Anakin's brains with Revan's! Vader was clouded. Revan was always thinking pretty much the same.

Btw... R-E-V-A-N; V-A-D-E-R... V-V, E-E, R-R, A-A, D/N...


*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 AM   #49
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Hardly. There's no reason to believe Anakin lost any power after Mustafar, except maybe his confidence.
midichlorians.
why else would they bother mentioning anakin having over 20,000 if it didnt relate to his force potential? in th novel death star, one of the characters had a MC count of 5000, higher than an average human. this caused him to have recurring nightmares (such a cliche) and his force sensitivity caused him to be knocked out when death star blew up planet.
Quote:
Being a good person doesn't make you more powerful in the Force, unfortunately, as proved by Jorus C'baoth, who was an incredibly powerful Jedi despite being an arrogant scumbag.
thats why i said "but this is about power..."
Quote:
The Suit can be modified. He doesn't have to wear it all the time, thus meaning it can be altered, modified. Rebuilt. It obviously had at least one major redesign, as evidenced by the differences between the Ep. 3 suit and the OT suit.
in dark lord: the rise of darth vader, he hates the suit.(im pretty sure)
Quote:
How does being manipulated by Sidious have anything to do with this? That's kind of what Sidious did to everyone.
smarts. i doubt revan wouldve been so easily manipulated. why? because he was a manipulator himself! (i bet he also inherited some of it from kreia)
Quote:
Also, Luke only defeated him by going into a Force-enhanced rage. Vader obliterated him on Bespin and was winning on the Death Star II. It wasn't an 'easy victory' for Luke.
i know. but then why didnt vader go into rage as well? as the chosen one, and learning from sidious of the dark side for twenty years he should be able to whoop inexperienced luke's butt and disarm him.
Quote:
Also, you can't 'Excel at Light' and be Good at the Dark. They're a mutually exclusive power source. You can't simultaneously serve the Force and subjugate it.
i just meant he had lightside abilities as well as darkside abilities. you can have those together. and i disagree. revan's understanding of the dark side of the force was this: he knew the dark side held strength. he could use it and become extremely powerful. but he knew the it couldnt be 'controlled'. to use the dark side is to be enslaved by it. (thinking otherwise was idiocy to him)



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 AM   #50
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
No. We are not doing Numerology or some stupid crap like Anagrams.

How do you know what Revan was thinking? The only stuff that's been shown from his perspective was KotoR, which really doesn't say jack squat.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #51
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
is that a reply to my post just above it or the earlier ones...?



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #52
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
No. We are not doing Numerology or some stupid crap like Anagrams.

How do you know what Revan was thinking? The only stuff that's been shown from his perspective was KotoR, which really doesn't say jack squat.
Midichlorians is a load of crap. I refuse to acknowledge them as evidence. Even in canon, there's no reason to believe that they cause the Force, merely that they indicate Force-Sensitivity.

I've read Dark Lord. Now read what I said. Notice that several times in Dark Lord, he talks about redesigning or rebuilding the suit, both in internal monologues and openly to Sidious.

How do you know? We've never seen Revan in action outside of KotoR.

Vader didn't have any reason to be enraged. You can't just switch emotions on and off at will, they don't work that way.

Revan screwed it up then, because he still fell to the Dark Side. I don't buy Kreia's BS about him never really falling. It doesn't make sense. TSL was an enormous wank to Revan's sheer awesomeness. Some people love that. I hate it.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 AM   #53
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Midichlorians is a load of crap. I refuse to acknowledge them as evidence. Even in canon, there's no reason to believe that they cause the Force, merely that they indicate Force-Sensitivity.
well, if you arbitrarily disregard canon because you dont like it, youre arguments just lost a lot of weight.

Quote:
How do you know? We've never seen Revan in action outside of KotoR.
revan teaches these principles to darth bane in path of destruction. (it was there or somewhere else...)
Quote:
How do you know? We've never seen Revan in action outside of KotoR.
i beg to differ. thats one of the things about the dark side: using your emotions to bolster your abilities. including anger. and what about force rage from the jk series?
Quote:
Revan screwed it up then, because he still fell to the Dark Side. I don't buy Kreia's BS about him never really falling. It doesn't make sense. TSL was an enormous wank to Revan's sheer awesomeness. Some people love that. I hate it.
again, disregarding canon.
revan didnt fall. he jumped. and plunged deep into it.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:57 AM   #54
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor
 
Inyri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,510
Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
again, disregarding canon.
revan didnt fall. he jumped. and plunged deep into it.
Making up your own canon there, it seems.

By the way it was never mentioned in the films that midichlorians create the Force (and other canon would contradict such a statement even if it did exist) so no one is disregarding canon "just because they want to."

In any case, few people contest the generally-accepted notion that midichlorians are the single most stupid thing that George Lucas has ever done to Star Wars. Although these days I'm wondering if Anakin's personality is coming in at a close second...

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 AM   #55
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
It's not confirmed canon. Kreia is a self-admitted liar. Furthermore, she's just stating her opinion of what happened - she wasn't even there, and she's not Revan.

Midichlorians are never stated exactly WHAT their relationship to the Force is. Since their purpose is not confirmed, I ignore them, not least because I think they're a stupid and pointless concept. Next.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #56
The Betrayer
Forumite
 
The Betrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 716
Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri View Post
I'm wondering if Anakin's personality is coming in at a close second...
In the words of the great Maddox:
Quote:
Yes, that's right. The entire reason Anakin switched to the dark side becomes unraveled when he tries to kill Padme, who was the reason he switched to the dark side to begin with. Oops! Of course, Star Wars apologists will try to point out that Anakin was already under the influence of the "dark side" at this point. So that's why the first thing he asks as Darth Vader is whether Padme is safe, right you morons?
And I'm throwing one of his images as well:
Not with that language, you aren't, and if you post one with that kind of language in it again, you'll receive another infraction. --Jae
Lesson? Anakin is an idiot, big time.



OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #57
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
I have a few points from different people to address. I'll get to your reply from page one. "JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan" a little later today.

1.The issue of Luke beating Vader on the Death Star II. Luke only won because Vader was not going all out on him. Also the ROTJ novel makes it clear that for the entire first half of the duel Luke is giving into his anger (aka using the darkside) but stops when the emperor taunts him. (that is when Luke says "I will not fight you father") Then Luke once again uses the darkside much more potently when he is going berserk. That battle is not a testament to his skills due him using the dark side which under normal circumstances he would not do. Furthermore he admits in "The Courtship of Princess Leia" that Vader could have killed in their final duel if he tried to.


2.Revan falling to the darkside. The only evidence to suggest that he didn't is Darth Traya, a woman who is a known liar and as far as we know hasn't (canonically)seen Revan since before his fall in the Mandalorian Wars. Revan fell for noble reasons but he wasn't the first or the last to do so. Ulic fell to try undermine the Krath from within,DE Luke fell so he could defeat the DE Sidious/undermine his military by being Sidious's apprentice. Jacen Solo fell to protect the galaxy from war but what all of them have in common is that no matter how noble their goal may have been they all fell completely to the darkside. The idea that Revan is more powerful then one side of the force and can resists its affect on him for years is absolutely ridiculous and has only a single statement from a liar to back it up. When it comes right down to it Revan was sith lord who was trying to take over the galaxy and then protect his territory from the true sith if they ever came to conquer. Furthermore have you read what he says in his holocron in POD? No one but a full fledged dark sider could have said that what he said.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #58
TheExile
Junior Member
 
TheExile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Betrayal View Post
And I'm throwing one of his images as well:
~snipped~
Lesson? Anakin is an idiot, big time.
AGREE AGREE AGREE!


*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War


Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-01-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: removed image with completely inappropriate language
TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #59
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be
 
Endorenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,140
Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Okay, Anakin choking Padme'.

Anakin, as we all know, was rash, impulsive, and generally didn't think before doing something. To understand the part where he choked Padme', we must delve into his emotions a bit.

Okay, Anakin just betrayed absolutely everything he ever believed in except Padme' herself. So, he just slaughtered the Seperatist leaders, and he sees Padme'. They hug, and she starts telling him that Obi-wan has told her what he's done. She's begging him to tell her it isn't true. She can't believe he's fallen to the Dark Side! Anakin's becoming angry. He just did all this for her! She is the only thing left in life that matters to him! To him, in his Dark Side, it looks like she, too, is turning against him. Then, the clincher.

Obi-wan walks out of the ship Padme' came in.

Anakin suddenly thinks that Padme's trying to help his old master kill him! The Dark Side fills him with rage, and, being his usual impulsive self, he chokes her. Note that he doesn't choke her to death, like he does everyone else. He does release her.

After the Battle of the Heroes, he's in the suit. He finally asks, "How is Padme'? Is she all right?" When he finds out that she's dead, he flies into a rage, destroying almost everything in the room. Inside, his soul itself is crushed as much as the medical droids are. He believes that he has just murdered his wife and his child.

Enough of that. As far as the whole mideclorians thing goes, it's kinda wierd, and the Force made a lot more sense before it came along (at least to me). But it is a part of officially accepted Star Wars canon, and it's in the movies, which makes them even more canon than one of the books.


Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.

Last edited by Endorenna; 10-01-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #60
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie
 
Saber-Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Smedsby,Finland
Posts: 236
this is becoming quite a seroius thread look there's no need to try to come up with any reasons why the other is the better one since we can never know but think about somethings for example their falling to the darkside
Revan's falling to the darkside was that he did it to save the galaxy he belived that the republic and the jedi was to weak to stand against the true sith while anakin did it to save Padme
my point is that revan is better at somethings that anakin is not that good with whilst anakin is good at somethings revan probably is not good on
if you ask me Revan was the most powerfull of his time and anakin the most powerfull of his time and we can't compare them since we know almost nothing about revan this simple to answer why we can't answer the questions of revan
Scenario 1
We have never seen Revan in lightsaber combat except from what we saw from the game and will probably never do so there is no way we can know who would win
Scenario 2
Revan was a better general than anakin but since there is 4000 year gap between their armies now well even if we would give them same tech we can't know who would win since we will never seen that war so we can't decide that either if you ask me the sithtroopers seems just as crappy as the stormtroopers
Scenario 3
Now we have never seen anakin as force potential neither revan that means we can't decide this either so there is no reason to belive that revan ownes anakin or anakin owns revan
scenario 4
i won't even answer this
Scenario 5
We will never know this either if you seen my the comments above we don't really need this scenario


My name is to honor the real Saber-Scorpion a great man so here is a link http://www.saber-scorpion.com/

Weapons and tatics change over time,but war the battle of one man against another,for wathever reason always stay the same
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #61
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Given the title, could I suggest that we discard Darth Vader? It's Anakin versus Revan, and Anakin Skywalker ceased to exist before Darth Vader.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #62
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor
 
Inyri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,510
Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
So basically your whole post boils down to "I'm not answering any of these questions"?

Star Wars is fictional. It doesn't matter that the armies are 4000 years apart; apply some creative thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine
Anakin Skywalker ceased to exist before Darth Vader.
Ceased to exist after...? And despite what deep dramatic things people say, Darth Vader is still Anakin Skywalker.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #63
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri View Post
Ceased to exist after...? And despite what deep dramatic things people say, Darth Vader is still Anakin Skywalker.
Come on, Inyri... while yes, you are technically right, Anakin isn't around after Order 66. It's Vader then, and they are, for many, (especially because of the widespread hatred of Anakin's portrayal), two completely different people.

Vader was a a bad-mutha-sith, while Anakin was a whiny, angsty teenager (not necessarily, but he was a lot different to the man he would become.).

Also, aren't these Revan vs... threads getting a little old?






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #64
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,916
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
On the midichlorian thing--it just reminds me of mitochondria, so I can work with it.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #65
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor
 
Inyri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,510
Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think midichlorians are an insult to mitochondria.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #66
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title
 
Giant Graffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 827
I know this is late, but they would kill each other on every scenario. Why? Because it is a matter of fanboyism, and I don't like either of them.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #67
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
You people keep assuming Vader would lose the tactical scenario, ignoring the fact that he was considered to also be a brilliant strategist. He didn't become Executor of Imperial Forces because he was incompetent.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #68
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Exactly how brilliant a strategist was Vader? Not equal to Thrawn, I assume.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #69
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Probably not. But then, there's no reason to believe that Revan was as good as Thrawn either. Thrawn's most incredible ability was nearly plucking victory out of the grasp of the New Republic despite facing equal numbers of enemies who were better trained, better equipped, and better motivated. Admittedly, he was able to reverse all three with the Mount Tantiss Project, the capture of most of the Katana Fleet, and his own inspiring presence, but during the early days of the war, during the attack on Sluis Van, for example, none of those three had taken effect and Thrawn still does a terrible amount of damage.

Revan, on the other hand, was facing lesser numbers of worse equipped and worse trained enemy troops, as he had taken most of the Republic Military into the Unknown Regions with him. Furthermore, he had probably an equivalent number of Dark Jedi, AND he had the Star Forge. I'm sure he was a very skilled strategist, but he didn't need to be Thrawn to crush the Republic.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #70
thundrfang1
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Not now, I'm pickling some slugs
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
so does vader. but *i* firmly believe the sith'ari is revan's student, Darth Bane.
I doubt its vader because he raised an imperial empire and not a sith empire but anyway I think your right. Darth bane is probably the sith'ari.
thundrfang1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #71
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Vader fits the mold best. Not that it really matters.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #72
thundrfang1
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Not now, I'm pickling some slugs
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Only Force Sensitive people can, and Boba Fett was not Force Sensitive.
Sorry but what about General Grevious. He wasn't force sensitive. he was just trained by count dooku
thundrfang1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #73
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
You just need special training to use a lightsaber effectively. Besides, if you're very careful with it, even an untrained wielder could use it without hurting himself, for example, when Han used it to cut open a tauntaun or when he used one while fighting Killiks.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #74
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I doubt its Vader because he raised an Imperial empire and not a Sith empire
What exactly is the difference between Sidious' empire and Revan/Malak's empire?


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #75
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be
 
Endorenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,140
Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrfang1 View Post
Sorry but what about General Grevious. He wasn't force sensitive. he was just trained by count dooku
General Grievous was a special case. He had special systems and protocols built in to allow him to effectively wield a lightsaber. His sensor array was so advanced that he could sense when a lightsaber was coming at him, so he could block it.

In that post, I was mostly trying to say that Boba Fett wouldn't have survived a lightsaber bout with Darth Vader (aka The Chosen One who happened to have a really, really strong connection with the Force).


Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #76
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
What exactly is the difference between Sidious' empire and Revan/Malak's empire?
Revan's Empire had Dark Jedi, while Vader's Empire just had Stormtroopers, soldiers and stuff


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 02:37 AM   #77
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Making up your own canon there, it seems.
Quote:
It's not confirmed canon. Kreia is a self-admitted liar.
right. she is a liar. and i hate her around the same as i hate atris. but understand this: the writers would have undoubtedly known that by making exile the PC, they would be disappointing a few people who were expecting the old k1 gang. so what can they do? they know there are fans dying to know what happens to revan. so the explain. through kreia's dialogue about him. now, with so many people already annoyed with them and tsl for its plot and cut content etc, would they go establish that all the stuff they were feeding already angry fans about revan was garbage?
(but yknow, imo theyll probably bring revan down a few notches just to make anakin seem stronger. because, well, they spent a lot of money on the movies and theyll want to protect that investment. )
Quote:
Furthermore, she's just stating her opinion of what happened - she wasn't even there, and she's not Revan.
Quote:
The only evidence to suggest that he didn't is Darth Traya, a woman who is a known liar and as far as we know hasn't (canonically)seen Revan since before his fall in the Mandalorian Wars.
really? kreia said that revan came to her both "before and after revan found himself" "... after he was learning he was more than he was told" and she said in (yes in) malachor that he didnt ask her to go to wherever he was going. and that she remained there to show others the way.
Quote:
By the way it was never mentioned in the films that midichlorians create the Force (and other canon would contradict such a statement even if it did exist)
no, they dont. they are the link between the sentient and the force.
qui gon said "without them we would have no knowledge of the force"
Quote:
Then Luke once again uses the darkside much more potently when he is going berserk.
yeah. but it seems kinda strange that a dark lord of the sith with 20 years of experience and learning, etc, lost his arm to a jedi that had like, two years of training. i mean wouldnt it have made more sense to disarm luke, and then try to turn to the dark side? (look at bastila)
Quote:
The idea that Revan is more powerful then one side of the force and can resists its affect on him for years is absolutely ridiculous and has only a single statement from a liar to back it up. When it comes right down to it Revan was sith lord who was trying to take over the galaxy and then protect his territory from the true sith if they ever came to conquer. Furthermore have you read what he says in his holocron in POD? No one but a full fledged dark sider could have said that what he said.
im not saying he isnt dark! kreia's statement doesnt mean that. he turned to the dark side. then, after tasting its power delved into it. by the strike team vs revan duel, he's be as dark as you get,
Quote:
there's no reason to believe that Revan was as good as Thrawn either.
Quote:
Revan, on the other hand, was facing lesser numbers of worse equipped and worse trained enemy troops, as he had taken most of the Republic Military into the Unknown Regions with him. Furthermore, he had probably an equivalent number of Dark Jedi, AND he had the Star Forge. I'm sure he was a very skilled strategist, but he didn't need to be Thrawn to crush the Republic.
the mando wars, not the jedi civil war was the testament to revan's strategic ability.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #78
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Revan's Empire had Dark Jedi, while Vader's Empire just had Stormtroopers, soldiers and stuff
First of all, saying that the Empire "just had stormtroopers, soldiers and stuff" doesn't really say anything, because doing so implies that Revan/Malak's doesn't when it clearly does.

Second, Palpatine's Empire did have Dark Jedi - plenty of them. There were the Inquisitors, whose specialty was eliminating Force-sensitives, interrogation, and other Intelligence-related matters. There were also the Emperor's Hands, who were assassins who carried out low-profile missions for Palpatine. Then there were the Prophets of the Dark Side, who sought out Force-sensitives within the Empire, and also occasionally acted as advisors for the Emperor. After that, there's the Emperor's Shadow Guards, who hunted fugitive Jedi during the Purge. Finally, there's just the miscellaneous lesser Dark Jedi who held other positions in the Empire.

The difference between the Dark Jedi in Palpatine's empire and those in Revan and Malak's is that Palpatine's actually served a purpose, instead of just being random Force adepts running around. And of course, Palpy's Dark Jedi were not as well-known, since the Empire encouraged the general public to believe that the Force didn't even exist.

Quote:
the mando wars, not the jedi civil war was the testament to revan's strategic ability.
Actually, contrary to popular belief, the Mandalorians were weaker and less numerous than the Republic fleet (see statements from Canderous in KOTOR 1).


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #79
mattig89ch
Junior Member
 
mattig89ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In or around NYC
Posts: 417
Scenario 1: Revan, he was a gaurdian.

Scenario 2: Revan would use the star forge to overwhelm the imperial army (including the death star).

Scenario 3: Anakin, the more medichlorians the better. And Anakin could beat Yoda in a force match.

Scenario 4: Anakin, nuff said.

Scenario 5: I would have to say it'd be Revan, becuase he's a full fleged Jedi while Anakin never made it past padawan.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #80
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie
 
Saber-Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Smedsby,Finland
Posts: 236
Mattig89ch on sceenario 5 you are wrong anakin became a jedi knight and would probably win revan easy the reason all think Revan is invinceble and most powerfull jedi ever is the simple reason is this one because we played revan as we wanted him/her to be so it's because we feel like we are revan when we play the game but now i like revan to but he won't win against anakin that is quite a simple fact also anakin is the most powerfull force user since he was created by the force no through the normal way to prove that anakin is stronger look at this

Midichlorian Count List for the major Star Wars characters

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader = 27,700
Darth Sidious/Palpatine (with Kyber Crystal) = 20,500
Yoda = 17,700
Luke Skywalker = 14,500
Leia Organa Solo = 14,500
Aenon Jurtis (Most powerful Jedi Master prior to Yoda) = 14,200
Shintor Beerus (Ancient Jedi Master) = 13,900
Ce Ce Denowai (The Most Powerful Female Jedi) = 13,700
Ben (Jhon) Skywalker = 13,700
Anakin Solo (Son of Leia and Han Solo) = 13,700
Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus = 13,500
Obi-Wan Kenobi = 13,400
Kaja Sinis (The First Jedi) = 13,250
Kyle Katarn = 12,200
Mace Windu = 12,000
Darth Maul = 12,000
General Grievous (New Episode 3 Villain) = 11,900
Kit Fisto = 11,800
Exar Kun (Dark Lord of the Sith during the Sith War) = 11,700
Shindor = 11,500 (Dark Jedi from Episode 7)
Yaddle = 11,300
Xanatos' (Qui-Gon Jinn's former apprentice) = 11,300
Darth Seer (Founder of the modern Sith Order) = 11,200
Plo Koon = 11,100
Mara Jade = 11,000
Darth Revan (Knights of the Old Republic video game) = 10,800
Jedi Master Corran Horn (from the New Jedi Order series of Star Wars novels) = 10,700
Ki Adi Mundu = 10,600
Darth Bane = 10,500
Nebar Foxis (Jedi Knight played by SuperShadow in Episode 3) = 10,400
Joruus C'baoth = 10,350
Darth Imperius (Darth Sidious' Master) = 10,300
Shaak Ti = 10,300
Tahari Vehlia (New Jedi Order novels) = 10,300
Echuu-Shen Jon = 10,200
Darth Malak = 10,200 (Knights of the Old Republic video game)
Jedi Master Kam Solusar (New Jedi Order novels) = 10,100
Aalya Secura = 10,000
Qui-Gon Jinn = 10,000
Average Jedi = 10,000
Assajj Ventress (Sith Warrior During Clone Wars) = 9,600
Naga Sadow (Dark Lord of the Sith that fled to Yavin 4)= 9,400
Jedi Master Adeus Hust = 9,300
Jacen Solo (Son of Leia and Han Solo) = 9,000
Jaina Solo (Daughter of Leia and Han Solo) = 9,000
Jedi Master Cihgal (New Jedi Order novels) = 9,000
Darth Rage (Sidious' apprentice after Darth Maul) = 9,000
Jedi Master Tionne Solusar (New Jedi Order novels) = 8,500
Dezar Looger (Dagobah Dark Jedi) = 8,400
Xio Jade = 7,400
Chewbacca = 7,200
Tylus Liv = 7,100
Aurra Sing = 7,000
Need To be Considered for Training as a Jedi = 7,000
Padme Amidala = 4,700
Danni Quee (New Jedi Order Jedi Scientist)= 4,500
Beru Lars = 3,700
Shmi = 3,300
Lando Calsarrian = 3,300
Boba Fett= 1,500
Han Solo = 1,500
Jango Fett = 1,500
Owen Lars = 1,500

here is the list of midichlorian count fro every major charater now if you still belive revan is most powerfull listen to this
Anakin would have been the most powerfull jedi ever that's the fact and nothing can change that but to prove who's the most powerfull jedi and sith look at this

Most Powerful Jedi:
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Aenon Jurtis (Ancient Jedi Master)
4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
5. Kaja Sinis (First Jedi and Founder of the Jedi Order)
6. Mace Windu
7. Ben Skywalker (Son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade)
8. Plo Koon
9. Anakin Skywalker
10. Ce Ce Denowai (Most Powerful Female Jedi)
11. Kyle Katarn
12. Ki-Adi Mundi
13. Leia Solo
14. Mara Jade Skywalker
15. Kit Fisto


Most Powerful Sith:
1. Darth Sidious with Kyber Crystal
2. Darth Vader
3. Darth Bane
4. Darth Seer
5. Darth Tyranus
6. Darth Rage (Sidious' Apprentice after Maul)
7. Darth Maul
8. Darth Scarz (Founder of Sith Order)
9. Darth Revan
10. Darth Imperius (Sidious' Master)
11. Darth Ghore
12. Darth Vak
13. Darth Slane
14. Darth Vicrone
15. Darth Malak


My name is to honor the real Saber-Scorpion a great man so here is a link http://www.saber-scorpion.com/

Weapons and tatics change over time,but war the battle of one man against another,for wathever reason always stay the same

Last edited by Saber-Scorpion; 10-02-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Anakin vs. Revan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.