lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A couple questions that have always bugged me
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
SD Nihil

Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
A couple questions that have always bugged me

How did Bastila get that robe? I mean the default one. You don't see any other female Jedi dress that way. And where did Carth get his default clothing? I again don't see any other republic soldier with that uniform. Finally, why do the female dark jedi some have purple sabers?

SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
jrrtoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
How did Bastila get that robe? I mean the default one. You don't see any other female Jedi dress that way. And where did Carth get his default clothing?
Someone over at BioWare drew it.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Corinthian
Banned

Well, Bastila is a front-line Jedi, and presumably ditched her standard robes for something that's more practical in battle. That would be the most logical assumption. Carth isn't a Republic Soldier. At this stage, he's got to be at least a Captain in the Republic Navy, given that he's an Admiral by the time TSL rolls around. That might be the uniform of a Captain in Republic Starfighter Command. As for the Lightsabers, who said all Dark Jedi have to use Red lightsabers? In Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, they have a veritable rainbow of lightsaber colors, and only Jerec uses a red one.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
Bastila Sham
Rookie

Carth is a pilot, so he's going to have his bomber jacket instead of the body armor and bicycle helmet.

Dont' know why Bastila would have such a weird outfit though.
Bastila Sham is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #5
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Well, Jedi are allowed to play around with their outfits. I mean, look at Aayla Secura! That's not exactly what I'd call standard issue!

Then there's Luminara Unduli, Shaak Ti, Barris Offee, and Ahsoka Tano. I'm sure there are some male Jedi who mess around with costumes, too--just I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
I'm sure there are some male Jedi who mess around with costumes, too--just I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Darth Revan?

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Finally, why do the female dark jedi some have purple sabers?
First of all, some of the male Dark Jedi use purple sabers too. As for why, maybe lightsaber color determines rank or something.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Betrayal View Post
Darth Revan?
Yea! There's one!

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
The Jedi don't actually have uniforms. They have what they consider the traditional attire of the Jedi that many choose to wear as a symbol of their ongoing legacy, but Jedi robes are not mandatory. A great example of this would be Aayla Secura, whom I don't believe has ever been depicted wearing traditional Jedi robes.

As for Carth, well, we only see him off-duty in the game, so naturally he is not in uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
SD Nihil

Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
Cool answers guys. Very creative.

SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #11
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
If I were a Jedi Knight I would go around in all black robes and carry a red lightsaber, cause that's how I roll!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #12
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
and only Jerec uses a red one.
Are you sure? I seem to recall Maw using a red one.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Are you sure? I seem to recall Maw using a red one.
Ret-conned into Orange I believe. The in-game settings made it appear to be red though.
Same happened with the expansion. Showed Kyle with a orange saber where it should have been yellow. But they did show differently in-game. Good observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
If I were a Jedi Knight I would go around in all black robes and carry a red lightsaber, cause that's how I roll!
Quote:
"Yes, Jacen Solo. Going for the galactic record for the fastest plunge into bloody anarchy and the most stylish black outfit."
―Admiral Natasi Daala, to Gilad Pellaeon, about Jacen Solo[src]
You've been spotted

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #14
mattig89ch

Now I would use a blue one...until I fell so far that I would want the blood of those I killed to say on my blade
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I've often wondered if red was one of the colors the Jedi used for their lightsaber crystals before the Sith came around. And then they outlawed that particular color because of its association with the Sith.

Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #16
Darth krunchy
Rookie

I've always thought Bastila's clothes were a slave outfit, kinda like Leia in RotJ. I just assumed the game engine couldn't get a different costume when you get off the planet. I'm sure the game designers thought most would take Bastila after Taris, and would give her Jedi robes on Dantooine.

My diapers have gone over to the dark side.
Darth krunchy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #17
Corinthian
Banned

Bastila's jumpsuit doesn't strike me as a slave outfit. It seems to me that she wore it for practical reasons - Robes kind of suck in the middle of a battle. Ever gone flat on your face? Ooh, that's good stuff.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Darth krunchy
Rookie

It doesn't strike me as something that would stay on her very long if she were actually in a fight.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

No, Bastila's default clothing couldn't be a slave outfit, I don't think. Chances are, if they were, they'd be a whole lot more revealing.

Short stories:

Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #20
Darth krunchy
Rookie

Quote:
No, Bastila's default clothing couldn't be a slave outfit, I don't think. Chances are, if they were, they'd be a whole lot more revealing.
If you take her clothes off, her underwear covers more of her ass than the outfit.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

I wouldn't exactly say that...

Wait a second. Are you under the impression that the light brown part of Bastila's outfit is her skin? (in other words, everything but the leather)

Short stories:

Old 10-10-2008, 04:02 AM   #22
Corinthian
Banned

In case you didn't realize it from Endorenna's wording, that is definitely incorrect. Her outfit is a jumpsuit, and it covers her from throat to toe. Well, except for her hands. Look at her outfit. Or, to be more obvious, compare the color tones of her face to that of her outfit.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #23
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The wrinkles in the cloth are a giveaway that it's cloth. It's not like Bastila is a sharpei.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #24
Lance Monance
Rookie

All I know is that she looks good in her outfit. Much better than with robes or armour, but that's the case with many NPCs in both Kotor and TSL.
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #25
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Thanks for clarifying, Corinthian and Inyri.

Short stories:

Old 10-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #26
Darth krunchy
Rookie

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly say that...

Wait a second. Are you under the impression that the light brown part of Bastila's outfit is her skin? (in other words, everything but the leather)
My bad, you are totally right.

I'm on an older PC, and I have all the graphics at a minimum to play the game and never realized it's a full suit on her.

I just did a google/images search on Bastila for better pics.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #27
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 

So you went through the whole game thinking Bastila was a trampy Hooters employee?

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #28
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Well, on low graphics, it's an understandable mistake. Before I got KOTOR, I was looking at screenshots and stuff, and on some of 'em I could swear that she was wearing only the leather!

Short stories:

Last edited by Endorenna; 10-11-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > A couple questions that have always bugged me