lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Party Members of KOTOR 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 AM   #121
chissemperor
Lurker

So some people don't want Canderour as a party member, what if Canderous sent a Mandalorian representative, like Cassus Fett or any offspring of his to help search for Revan.

Like the idea of a Chiss party member naturally

I also like the idea of another Twi'lek party member

HK-47 and T3-M4 have to return they are the C-3PO and R2-D2 of Kotor(love Hk-47, couldn't cear less about T3-M4, though I still think that he should be in)

Like to see other species like Trandoshans or mayby Mon Calamari Jedi(mayby not sure about this idea personally)

If either Hanharr or Zalbar return I would rather it be Hanharr because I like darker characters.

Also a Dark Jedi/Sith that stows away on your ship and wants to find the true sith or mayby Revan and is constanly in conflict with you throughtout your journey once you have descovered him/her, he would be really hard to gain influence with

Also mayby the True Sith could have an empire out in the unknown regions and you would destroy or help destroy the empire and free the plants under their rule and there would be a Sith Emperor and you would get cought up in the plots of other sith to overthrow him.

Also I would like the planet Csilla in the game obviously im saying this because im a fan of the Chiss but I still think it would be cool.
chissemperor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 AM   #122
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
I'm the opposite way. I dislike the omnipresence of Jedi and Sith. They're supposed to be severely limited after the Jedi Civil War, the subsequent Purge, and the death of the three major Sith Lords.
no no, I didn't mean that they would BE Jedi or Sith, just that depending on if you went darksided or lightsided you could make them into, at the very least, dark/light force users. I'd like to keep the "official" Jedi or Sith party members to a minimum, one of each at most, each with the possibility to "fall" or be "redeemed" to the other side.

I'd really like a much more intricate system than the linear good-evil choices.

Redeem one, but in doing so you may alienate the other and they'll fall, and when you turn to help them, the one you redeemed will be hurt and themselves fall. Give equal attention to each and you won't get close to either. Fun stuff like that.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 03:02 AM   #123
Corinthian
Banned

So, basically, make it so that the entire party is a bunch of whiny, feuding pains in the neck instead of being a marginally competent team? I dealt with enough of that crap in TSL.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #124
Web Rider

Quote:
So, basically, make it so that the entire party is a bunch of whiny, feuding pains in the neck instead of being a marginally competent team? I dealt with enough of that crap in TSL.
No, see, that's what I want to get away from, static characters. You're their leader, how well they get along depends on you. Are a half a dozen random people from totally different background going to instantly get along? heck no. If they did it would just be weird. Sure, Joe and Frank may get along, but Frank and Stella may not.

I want characters that seem to grow based on how you treat them and how you allow others to treat them. If Frank and Stella don't get along, it's up to you to smooth things over, or kill one of them off, whichever you think is better, and in doing so you would change the dynamics of the group.

Why on earth would random people from across the galaxy be a competent team? They have different morals, different ideals, different goals, you want a competent team, go hire a bunch of mercs. You want an interesting game, then you get NPCs with personalites, and ones that don't always mesh well. People have emotions, games with emotionless characters are dumb.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Old 10-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #125
Bastila Sham
Rookie

The most important thing to have is a few, maybe five or so, well developed and well paced characters with 'deep' and numerous dialogue options. Like on the level of Carth and Bastila. That would be so much better than having 30 G0T0s or some other shallow characters.
Bastila Sham is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #126
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I fail to see the problem. I for one liked how everyone hated each other's guts in TSL. Much better than everyone getting along like in KOTOR 1 (even Carth, the goody-two-shoed idiot and Canderous, the resident psychopath tolerated each other).

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #127
mattig89ch

the only really good character is tsl is HK-47. He is the resident psycopath. But I agree, we should keep the amount of jedi/sith in the party to a minimum. I would suggest no more then 5 (probobly closer to 3, not including yourself).
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #128
TheExile

Aliens... Aliens... And all party members must have even more special abilities, so they will worth their weight in the ship!

*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #129
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Really I thought they worked together quite well.

Really I'd like to see Atton Rand back as the Mentor char this time.

I'd like to also see Bao-dur in it as well, as well as a Cather kid, a boy this time to offset Juhani (no relation). Maybe bring back Juhani briefly.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #130
Corinthian
Banned

Right, which is why in the original ending they all kill each other.

Anyway, to each his own, but it doesn't make any sense to keep around all these useless excuses for emotional baggage. The only characters you had to keep around in TSL were Kreia, you could have spaced the rest of them and picked up a squad of mercenaries and frankly the plot would have probably gone more or less the same way, only without as much soap opera BS.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #131
Web Rider

Quote:

Anyway, to each his own, but it doesn't make any sense to keep around all these useless excuses for emotional baggage.
Which, IMO, was a better ending.

In any case, you'd probably like the expansion to Nwn2, 'cause if your characters get too whiny, you can just piss them off and they'll attack you and you can kill them.

Honestly, I think that'd be a great addition. If your characters don't start improving and working together, you can space 'em.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #132
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:

Anyway, to each his own, but it doesn't make any sense to keep around all these useless excuses for emotional baggage. The only characters you had to keep around in TSL were Kreia, you could have spaced the rest of them and picked up a squad of mercenaries and frankly the plot would have probably gone more or less the same way, only without as much soap opera BS.
You do realize that some of them could have mellowed out and developed some friendships.

It would be hilarious watching Atton Rand, whom couldn't stand Jedi, be the Mentor char of the pc. If we're going to have a romantic interest, let's not have the mentor/student stuff in KotOR I (Bastilla was serving as Revan's mentor) and we see it in TSL (Exile/Handmaiden, Exile/Visas, Exile/Atton, Exile/Migel), how about it be a peer like a fellow Padawan, or even a nonJedi.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #133
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You do realize that some of them could have mellowed out and developed some friendships.

It would be hilarious watching Atton Rand, whom couldn't stand Jedi, be the Mentor char of the pc. If we're going to have a romantic interest, let's not have the mentor/student stuff in KotOR I (Bastilla was serving as Revan's mentor) and we see it in TSL (Exile/Handmaiden, Exile/Visas, Exile/Atton, Exile/Migel), how about it be a peer like a fellow Padawan, or even a nonJedi.
at least they didn't give you an Exile/Kriea option. I mean, I imagine if she can fix her eyes she can make herself pretty hot, but still, be thankful they didn't go down that path.

To be honest, the guys who made these games can't write romance for beans. It shows in K1, K2, NWN 2, it's expansion, it's all horrible, like they get it out of some kind of cheap romance novel written by angsty teenagers.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #134
SD Nihil

Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
I haven't read to this point aside from the topic post, but I'll just jump in.

I think KOTOR 3 is like the Return of the King. Meaning it should come full circle. I think that would mean all the characters from both KOTOR 1 and 2 party members will also be in KOTOR 3. But to expand on my thought since there are way too many rules, is it ok to talk in reference to storyline on both KOTOR 1 and 2 for my theories on who else will be in KOTOR3? Thanks.

SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #135
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
I haven't read to this point aside from the topic post, but I'll just jump in.

I think KOTOR 3 is like the Return of the King. Meaning it should come full circle. I think that would mean all the characters from both KOTOR 1 and 2 party members will also be in KOTOR 3. But to expand on my thought since there are way too many rules, is it ok to talk in reference to storyline on both KOTOR 1 and 2 for my theories on who else will be in KOTOR3? Thanks.
It'd have to be chars we know couldn't be killed in both games. Which means more chars from TSL than KotOR I. The KotOR I chars could do cameos, but not much more.

KotOR I chars that could show up as party members:
HK-47, T3-M4, Canderous

KotOR II chars that could show up as party members:
Atton Rand, Bao-dur (their paths weren't truely set at the end) The others could either be killed off or their futures were set in stone.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #136
SD Nihil

Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
I agree. Although does it not depend on what choices you made LS and DS?

SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #137
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
I agree. Although does it not depend on what choices you made LS and DS?
For some chars it could, but they are the most open ended chars that one could use either ending for.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #138
TSi21
Rookie

Current Game: MLB 2k7
I can see one major issue with bringing back party members from the first two games. To even figure out who could come back, you would have to spend the first 30 minutes of the game laying out what choices you made in the other two games. Did Revan fall again? If so, there goes Carth, Mission, and maybe Zaalbar. Did Revan kill Bastila on the Star Forge? Maybe Revan redeemed himself, but couldn't bring Bastila back to the light.

TSL had many more choices about killing off characters. Honestly, if KotOR 3 is ever released, it is going to need an entirely new party. I'm not going to want to waste a bunch of times going over which endings I chose in the other two games.

Just my opinion though, some people may like this minute level of customization. I for one abhor busy work.
TSi21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #139
GarfieldJL
Banned

Actually it's easier than you think, the party members could just simply not tell the pc what happened to Revan and the Exile.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #140
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Well supposedly Carth and Bastila survived as in the Canonical LS ending for K1. However it's anyone's guess what's become of Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, and Jolee. New characters all around wouldn't be such a bad thing either since Revan's and Exile's stories were told, and ended in their respective games

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #141
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sharrak View Post
Well supposedly Carth and Bastila survived as in the Canonical LS ending for K1. However it's anyone's guess what's become of Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, and Jolee. New characters all around wouldn't be such a bad thing either since Revan's and Exile's stories were told, and ended in their respective games
Remember though the Jedi are pretty much all dead, so there needs to be a mentor, and that has to be a char from KotOR I or KotOR II.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #142
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Remember though the Jedi are pretty much all dead, so there needs to be a mentor, and that has to be a char from KotOR I or KotOR II.
It doesn't have to be. It could be the holocron of a long dead Jedi master, or a Force Spirit.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #143
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
It doesn't have to be. It could be the holocron of a long dead Jedi master, or a Force Spirit.
Holocron maybe, but it can't be a long dead Jedi, because they need to have some connection with the person that is still alive.

It would tie in better to have Atton Rand be the mentor, you do train him in KotOR II.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #144
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Holocron maybe, but it can't be a long dead Jedi, because they need to have some connection with the person that is still alive.
Who's to say that they wouldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
It would tie in better to have Atton Rand be the mentor, you do train him in KotOR II.
But, in all likelihood, the PC in K3 has probably never met him. If they *have* to include anyone from the previous games to act as a mentor, i'd rather it not be Atton.

Even disciple would be a better choice than another game filled with rubbish one-liners from the Han wannabe.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #145
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
No! Please no! Not Disciple! Heck, I'd rather have Bao-dur than Disciple! I hate Bao-dur! Give me back Atton! Or Brianna! Or Visas! Or HK! Or T3! I don't care who the mentor is, as long as it isn't Disciple!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #146
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Or Visas!
There's a thing - Kreia said she couldn't see Visas' path (if I remember rightly - I rarely listen to the old crow) so I think she is one of the more likely candidates for a return in 3, since her presence is unconditional on gender or alignment. Got to say, I find Disciple's character interesting, if a little underdeveloped in terms of story content and a wee bit too naive, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jedi Master/Councillor Mical...

I'll say this - if they recycle HK's memory loss angle again I'll throw the disc out a window!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #147
Arįtoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chissemperor View Post
HK-47 and T3-M4 have to return they are the C-3PO and R2-D2 of Kotor(love Hk-47, couldn't cear less about T3-M4, though I still think that he should be in)
HK-47 & T3-M4 are the glue that bind the KotOR series together. Just has C-3PO and R2-D2 are the glue that bind the SW movies together. They are the only ones I want to see in K3. Other NPC can make cameos. The Exile & Revan should only be talked about or in a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
*7 mandatory party members (7)
*1 male/female only party member (out of 2)
*1 light/dark side only party member (out of 2)
*1 optional party member (out of 2)

So that's 13 possible party members total, to fill 10 slots. Assuming the game isn't rushed (hint hint, LucasArts ), that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
So long as the NPCs are fully fleshed out as characters. I love this idea.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Arįtoeldar; 10-08-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Arįtoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #148
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
No! Please no! Not Disciple! Heck, I'd rather have Bao-dur than Disciple! I hate Bao-dur! Give me back Atton! Or Brianna! Or Visas! Or HK! Or T3! I don't care who the mentor is, as long as it isn't Disciple!
Amen, I couldn't stand how stiff the Disciple was, it'd actually be funny if you had Atton as the mentor.
Would be a lot better from a preachy brat and an old hag.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #149
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Preachy brat? Finally! Someone else who hates Bastilla!

When Disiciple bowed, I thought, "Dude...lighten up...or...something..." And I'm still trying to figure out why he doesn't just call himself 'Mical' instead of 'the Disciple'. Brianna being called Handmaiden--that I can understand, what with Atris and everything, but...the Disciple?

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #150
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

I respect all posts here, but judging from the pattern, it will be like this:

1. Mandalorian-character (maybe Ordo, maybe someone else, Mandalorian plays many part in KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, if notice it)
2. T3-M4 (yes, that droid is the connector between KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, so there's no doubt it will be in KOTOR 3)
3. HK-47 (the same as T3-M4)

Rest of the crew is depending from the main character for KOTOR 3. Some people say Revan will be KOTOR 3's main character, some say Jedi Exile will be. IMO, there will be a new character, so story can be expanded and connected to its successor ( Bane's era, Great Jedi Purge).

Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #151
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Visas Marr & Atton Rand would make a good duo for a K3 return; both were developed characters with rather deep psychological issues (more so Atton than Visas imo). But we can't have a KOTOR game without Bastila, we need her to scold the rookie Jedi with her sexy English/Coruscant accent.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #152
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

That's a good opinion, but I can't imagine about Visas Marr and Atton Rand's story being expanded. I know, they're lost Jedi, but would it be nice to have new characters for their position? No offense.

Rulk Badass 2
Old 10-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #153
mattig89ch

Thats a good idea. Though I would like to know what happened to the old party members.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #154
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

Exile's companion = lost jedi
Revan's companion = TSL showed some ( like Onasi, T3-M4, HK-47)

Probably there will be some history lesson for the main character of KOTOR 3 about them.

Rulk Badass 2
Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #155
Christos K
Forumite

HK-47 for sure (Lol good thing we know nothing will EVER happen to HK-47 thanks to SWG) , T3-M4 for sure, Mandalore should return with the Mandalorians to help Revan destroy the True Sith,(since I want the PC to be Revan) Bastila(Carth should just be a major character but not a Party Member) , And the rest of the Party Members we see in K2 including the Exile as a party member maybe we can ditch a few of them like Bao Dur back on Telos as he has major work to do GOTO/SPOILER Goto can simply go to hell whether HK blasted his "fat" ones ass or not, and the rest I am not sure.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #156
luckyariot
Rookie

Quote:
But we can't have a KOTOR game without Bastila, we need her to scold the rookie Jedi with her sexy English/Coruscant accent.
Am I the only one here who had a mental image of Bastila's possible reaction to this thread? (probably) Thanks a lot, Darth_Sharrak, now I have to pry her from a dark corner somewhere!

Quote:
*7 mandatory party members (7)
*1 male/female only party member (out of 2)
*1 light/dark side only party member (out of 2)
*1 optional party member (out of 2)

So that's 13 possible party members total, to fill 10 slots. Assuming the game isn't rushed (hint hint, LucasArts ), that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Seems good to me.

Quote:
So long as the NPCs are fully fleshed out as characters. I love this idea.
We must beg the Force to grant this wish.

Quote:
it'd actually be funny if you had Atton as the mentor.
...Atton...mentor...equal to... No! Does not compute! Does not comput-I'm sorry, the number you are trying to reach has been disconnected. Please hang up and try again.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > The Party Members of KOTOR 3