lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Join folding@home with TeamLFN !
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Join folding@home with TeamLFN !

A few of you may already be participating, or have heard of the folding@home project at Stanford University.

Folding@home is a distributed computing project. Very basically, it uses some of your CPUs processing power and combined with many other pcs doing the same thing, emulates a "supercomputer" that can be tasked with complex computational models. In this instance, the processing power is going towards understanding protein folding to understand disease proceses, and hence work towards a cure for them.

We have now created our very own team, so if you would like to contribute, please feel free to join teamLFN The software allows you to monitor how much work units you(and your team) have contributed to. Many organisations, forum and tech sites have teams up and running and have contributed a great amount of processing power for this wonderful cause.

THE SCIENCE
What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease?
Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

For more info and a vid from project devs > check the FAQ

Interested ??

How to setup >>>

1. Select folding client for your OS from the F@H download page, which you can get to from HERE

There is a text only application, as well as a graphical client, which gives you a pretty picture and stats as to what you and your team are up to.

Once you have download and run the proggie it will bring up the config screen. Enter your desired username and if you want to join teamLFN, enter
140370 as the team number. Thats it. The default settings should be sufficient for most people, but if you are a more advanced/savvy user, you can tweak these in config settngs.

You will see the folding tray icon appear in your system tray, which allows you to control or totally switch off

As a general rule, default settings will utilise your CPU(s) 50%. You can still do most computing tasks without any performance issues. Of course, if you want to do some gaming or higher end media stuff, best switch it off

If you have any further questions about setup please post them here

the folding graphical client allows you to add a team logo. Im hoping someone clever will knock together a snazzy teamLFN folding logo we can put up there.
nb. FAH recommends logo should be roughly 4 times length compared to height. eg. 160x40 pixels

Join us.... It is your des....tiny!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 07-30-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
I've joined.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
I've joined.

great stuff Charr

Remember, if you want to clock back the amount of CPU usage folding has access to, you can tweak this config. Ive found Ive only needed to pause it when playing a high end game(like crysis or COD4) at high settings. Other than that, I barely notice its there

For advanced users, particularly those with snazzy GPUs, check out the folding variants that utilise GPU Instead! Ive seen some of the newer nvidia CUDA cards do astounding things with F@H.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

I have a question Astro, how long do you have to do it for?

I'll most likely join after you answer that.
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
I have a question Astro, how long do you have to do it for?

I'll most likely join after you answer that.
the easiest answer to that is "only for as long as you want to!" The display pic will tell you what you/your team has achieved on the current "work unit" they are assigned, and an estimation of how long to go until it is finished.

as I type this we are almost halfway through our very first work unit. The system tries to keep teams on particular work units allowing them to pick up after drop offs, but there is some eventual timeout that occurs if all contributors disappear for a prolonged amount of time.

I hope that sufficiently answers your query Marius, as a certain sith lord in TESB said , " we would be honoured, if you would join us..."

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Can we keep a list/log of everyone who joins and such?

Perhaps ask teekay to do some vb tweaking?

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
For advanced users, particularly those with snazzy GPUs, check out the folding variants that utilise GPU Instead! Ive seen some of the newer nvidia CUDA cards do astounding things with F@H.
FaH currently give nVidia folders more points than Ati though, probably cause it's brand new, just FYI

Here's a first go at a logo for our team:

320x80

160x40

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #8
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Quote:

mtfbwya
I saw that but unfortunately my 7800 GTX isn't supported by CUDA so I'm running the regular CPU client. I'll be asking for some advice on purchasing a new 4850 pretty soon though.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #9
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Just a quick draft of a possible logo (I like yours Neg. Sun )

320x80, .png, 48kb:

If anyone would like to muck around with this to make it better (mine's quick and dirty), I've uploaded a collection of files/fonts here: (686kb)

http://www.jumpstationz.com/teamlfn/Team-LFN_files.rar

Has the layered Master logo file, the Episode 1 font, and a layered master file of just the LA guy. No fancy photoshop filters used, so anyone with PS should be able to open it no problem (install the font first).

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-08-2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: new files
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Can we keep a list/log of everyone who joins and such?

Perhaps ask teekay to do some vb tweaking?

_EW_
Social Groups display membership automatically and would be fully appropriate for TeamLFN Folding@Home. Unfortunately TeamLFN's leader is somewhat averse to the new-fangled technology of the forum, so perhaps another team member could create the group?

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
Social Groups display membership automatically and would be fully appropriate for TeamLFN Folding@Home. Unfortunately TeamLFN's leader is somewhat averse to the new-fangled technology of the forum, so perhaps another team member could create the group?
sigh, very well then... you kids and your crazy social networking.

>>goes off to make it so

EDIT:
off ya go then

http://www.lucasforums.com/group.php...0#gmessage1330

cheers negsun and chainz. >> chainz...that logo is pretty nice! People must remember to convert to gif if they want to use it in the FAH client

negsuns is cool but misses a 'starwarsy' element. Awesome font though A little tweak would make it teh awesomez

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 08-01-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
Quote:

>>goes off to make it so

EDIT:
off ya go then

cheers negsun and chainz. >> chainz...that logo is pretty nice! People must remember to convert to gif if they want to use it in the FAH client

negsuns is cool but misses a 'starwarsy' element. Awesome font though A little tweak would make it teh awesomez

mtfbwya
Thanks, Astro - this will do quite nicely

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:

>>goes off to make it so

EDIT:
off ya go then

mtfbwya
Tweaked a little with Chainz' idea...

320x80, .gif, 9.26kb

Had to work off your .png file Chainz as I'm too poor for PS and my image editor didn't recognise those .psd files in your pack...

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."

Last edited by Negative Sun; 08-01-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

great stuff negsun

First WU finished!

>>All future updates will be posted in the teamLFN folding social group (linky above)

I'll keep this here for any setup help/queries.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 08-01-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

just some more setup related info for those that may not wander towards the group area

The standard client has been updated to version 6.2. Same download link as above

GPU clients:
some great work has been done to enable folding functionality using your GPU(graphics processing unit)

ATI and nvidia cards are supported. Those with nvidia 8xxx series and higher are particularly encouraged to have a go.

Setup for nvidia cards.
1. You must download the CUDA enabled graphics drivers... (nb. this link is still OK, though the driver sets are the same as nvidias main driver sets which now incorporate CUDA as standard)
2. Install nvidia graphic drivers as per usual procedure(ie. uninstalling previous version>restart>install>restart
3. Download the GPU client here >> http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

unless you are happy to play in dos boxes, download the GUI enabled system tray client(as opposed to the console client)

Setup config same as standard client(first post) > ie. your username and 140370 which is the LFN team number. Leave everything else on default unless you are an advanced user.

Those with ATI cards, read the FAQ setup is similar

Performance using your GPU is *MUCH* quicker than using your CPU. I have a dual core 3.0GHz CPU and it generally takes me 1 day to get through 1000 frames. Using the GPU client with my 8800GTS, I knock off 25000 frames in under an hour(whilst still doing other stuff on the pc). I havent let it run too long yet undisturbed, which it will be doing this week)

Using the GPU client taxes your CPU minimally.

If you are super keen, you can run multiple clients, for your GPU and each core of your CPU. (which explains how some people with higher end kit get 10-20,000+ points per day!) Points are actually calculated according to your systems performance compared to their 'benchmark' system which is a P4 2.4GHZ (IIRC)

Here's what the pretty nvidia clients display looks like, ATIs is similar. Though its not recommended you have this display on too much, as it chews up resurces. Good for screengrabs, geekbragging, or trying to impress someone sufficiently to joining the folding program

Please post here if you need any further SETUP assistance. If you are up and running, feel free to join the social group mini-forum we have created for folding participants

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 08-10-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

The F@H thread in AHTO is stickified for now

Since this project is network wide, and open to all LFN members, I see no harm in advertising it there. Besides, AHTO may garner some additional eyes that typically avoid Tech Forums until there's a 'puter prob

Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

good stuff chainz. Im going to be doing some hassling recruiting...theres a few techie regs that are currently absent.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #18
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Messing around again

320x80, .gif, 17kb

Has more background filler more apropos to F@H. Also, a new collection of master files.. this time with layered .psd's AND .tiff's (see if you can open those Neg. Sun )

http://www.jumpstationz.com/teamlfn/Team-LFN_files.rar

You can also click here for individual files index (rather than the entire .rar compilation)

http://www.jumpstationz.com/teamlfn/

Since it has to be .gif format (ick) I lost the transparency since dithering and diffusion just doesn't do justice. We'd have to design with no shadows and more or less straight lines to get a half-decent transparency.

Feel free to tinker to make it better

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-09-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: gif specs
Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #19
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
I've joined It's actually a very good project IMO, and I didn't even know about it until astro made Team LFN.

Astro or som1 else - is it just as simple as setting it up and lettin it run?
Or is there a lot more to it?
Soz i dont understand it loads.

My mum is part of breast cancer support - so she was pleased when she found out you made this team - and that i joined.

Great stuff Chainz - I recommend a dark shade of blue - but thats just coz i like light blue :P

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #20
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Great to have you on board Taak

Yes, if you arent happy to play in dos boxes I recommend the standard graphical client.

It has a little icon that sits in your system tray, which you can right click to configure, check stats or close if you want to get your game on

It is important for us to emphasise that please have it on only as much as you feel happy to do so.

... And yes, it is one of the few things that parents are pleased or interested to hear about when you mention computer related stuff to them

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #21
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

IMHO it would be suh-weet if Team LFN got to 100 active processors.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #22
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
IMHO it would be suh-weet if Team LFN got to 100 active processors.
Its unlikely we'd get that many onboard

Id prefer 10 of us running GPU clients Knock off just as many WUs as 100 CPUs

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 08-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #23
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Well, we can add at least one more to the list

I'm still not through installing all of my progz, but I seem to have the system nice and stable enough I feel confident to kickstart this puppy

I just now started the gpu client (about 3 minutes ago) and have logged 2,750/25000 frames.

So just for giggles, my current stats are:

score :2039
WU: 12

So we can measure, somewhat, what a gtx280 logs based on the time stamp of this post / compared to F@H stat updates / via my next post (when I wake up). I'll keep everyone in the loop

EDIT: - 4:55am
k..after waking up and checking the progress.. seems F@H hasn't updated the units yet. However I've checked the log and it seems I've finished 5 complete 25,000 frame WU's (no idea on points yet). Average time is apx. 1-1/2 hours per unit per the log.

I'm currently on frame 12,250/25,000 of the 6th unit as I type

If you're really bored, here's the log file of progress:

Show spoiler

EDIT2: - 7:00 pm est.

Roughly 24hrs later and the results are

OLD -> NEW (difference)
score : 2039 -> 7799 (5760)
WU: 12 -> 24 (12)

Not too shabby for a single GPU. After some more system conditioning, I'll look at adding an SMP client as well

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-19-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #24
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

ah yes, protein folding.
ive heard of this before: they form parts for fully working complex cell machines that carry out many tasks within a cell. dna(which i think scientists say is the most efficient thing for information storage in the known universe) is read and building info is copied into a special strand which is taken by cell machines to a cell "manufacturing plant"
where the strand is deciphered and the instructions are followed to form a protein strand which (most of the time) folds perfectly into machine parts.
i saw this in a dvd a while ago. this process also happens to be kryptonite for
the theory of natural selection AFAIK. something that darwin acknowledged himself. as a christian, to me its all evidence of intelligent design and the mind blowing mind blowingness of my God.
but anyway, im interested in joining. but i dont know how well ill do:
the computer in question is an intel core 2 duo t7250 2.0ghz with an nVidia GeForce 8400M GS graphics card. its a laptop. i go on it for about on average 3 hours a day.
also, ive heard that constant use of the cpu will wear it out faster. is this true? also about the downloading/uploading. how big are the download/uploads?
id have to know these things before i can consider joining. which id like to do.
LFN repraSENT!

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #25
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

How's it hangin Jesus!! [/always wanted to say that!!]

For a lappie, all I would suggest is have the standard client running away in the background when you are on doing lightweght stuff like surfing, documents etc.

For any other rig, I would say 'always on is ok' but for something packed tight like a laptop, I know from personal experience what prolonged use/overheating do. I have a tablet pc, I treat it with the same caution!

Upload/download size isnt large if you are running standard client and havent configured the client to go far larger/advanced projects.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #26
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
How's it hangin Jesus!! [/always wanted to say that!!]
its all good!

Quote:
For any other rig, I would say 'always on is ok' but for something packed tight like a laptop, I know from personal experience what prolonged use/overheating do. I have a tablet pc, I treat it with the same caution!
yeah. they call it a laptop... but i'm pretty sure the manual says *not* to put it on your lap... seriously, if you did, you'd end up with baked thighs. (which would be good if it was chicken... but its yours, and it hurts!) how many mb is a standard work upload? (i have a usage cap to think about... but im thinking it wont be too bad. )

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Regarding size of downloads: using the SMP client with the "big" flag set to true, we're talking the order of about 4-5Mb per WU which take about 1.5 days for me to complete. So not much bandwidth required in that regard.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #28
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

5mb? thats great! thanks for the info!
now to convince the 'rents....
hopefully, ill be able to.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #29
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
5mb? thats great! thanks for the info!
now to convince the 'rents....
hopefully, ill be able to.
ah, You mean Mary and 'The Big Guy' ! awesome

Make sure you show them the official site and FAQ/results page. I cant imagine any parent that wouldnt support using idle pc activity to help with medical research

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #30
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

you have no idea....

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #31
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Attention F@H image sig users...

major graphics changes. Because my album was filling up, I have a created a new album strictly for f@h images. In turn, this will change the url locations for the images...

Please update your sig images to point to the correct version(s).
I've made it real easy with copy-n-paste code. I have also addressed the issue of transparency failure in case anyone is having problems.

http://www.lucasforums.com/group.php?groupid=43

I plan on deleting the images from the random folder, but I'll wait till everyone has had a chance to update.

So everyone who was thinking of signing up.. now you get cool swag! We've done the grinding part enough to be ranked high enough for the sig image badge of honor Join Now!

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 10-09-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #32
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I've joined with my PS3. Haven't seen mention of joining the team this way in this thread but I'm hoping it works. I believe my PS3 has more processing power than my PC (besides, all it's doing ATM is gathering dust). I'll try to leave it running overnight.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #33
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

I <3 leXX and her PS 3.

'Twill be interesting to see if this works...

Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #34
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

woot! welcome the the fold lexxy, make sure you pop in by the teamLFN social group miniforum sometime

As long as you enter the right team number. Theres no cross console stats restrictions that Im aware of

I saw a presentation Mr Pande gave re the GPUclient and CUDA: basically this is the speed hierachy(IIRC):

CUDA GPU> SMP(flagged)/PS3> ATI/Non CUDA GPU> SMP(unflagged)> Standard Client(multicore>single core)

This is the SMP client with active -smp flag that really thrashes the hell out of all your CPUs, and where the WU rate for this and the PS3 are comparable.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 10-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #35
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
So the hubby isn't too keen on me leaving the PS3 on overnight. Something about fire hazard/electricity bill/credit crunch. I'm going to install the PC client instead.

And Astro, that was complete gibberish to me lol, but just for future reference, the PS3 completed 1 WU in around 6 hours.

Edit: I went to install the cuda drivers and it said it's an older version than the drivers I have already, so I've left my drivers how they are and I'm using the Nvidia GPU client.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam

Last edited by leXX; 10-10-2008 at 04:40 AM.
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #36
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Heya leXX glad to have you aboard!

Yup.. it's official, we now have to take down the sign (good riddance)

We can still run around in our boxers though right? >.>

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 10-10-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #37
A_Dead_Jedi
Rookie

Folder extraordinaire 
I think I'll join. Hopefully my 9800 will help a little.

GPU client is up and running.

Hail to the best year in kotor modding!

My TSL Stuff:TSL Windows Vista Fix (Hey, you can click on it! )

Last edited by A_Dead_Jedi; 01-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.
A_Dead_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #38
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Welcome to our team and to the forums! We can always use another G92 on the team.

Don't forget we have our own little "social group" where we discuss our folding prowess.
http://www.lucasforums.com/group.php?groupid=43

Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
A_Dead_Jedi
Rookie

Folder extraordinaire 
A quick note; None of my WU seem to be uploading, and I keep getting this in my log:

[23:17:29] + Attempting to send results [January 2 23:17:29 UTC]
[23:17:48] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[23:17:48] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[23:17:48] (171.67.108.25:8080)
[23:17:48] + Retrying using alternative port
[23:17:49] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[23:17:49] (Got status 503)
[23:17:49] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[23:17:49] (171.67.108.25:80)
[23:17:49] Could not transmit unit 01 to Collection server; keeping in queue.

Any help?

Hail to the best year in kotor modding!

My TSL Stuff:TSL Windows Vista Fix (Hey, you can click on it! )
A_Dead_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #40
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

Looks like that server is supposed to be working but it does appear to be under heavy load so it may have intermittent problems with receiving completed WU's.

If you go to http://171.67.108.25 and the page displays as OK then you should have good connectivity. Just make sure you don't have a firewall or other data network security mechanism in place that is blocking the GPU client but based on the error messages you posted I don't think that is the case.

Your GPU client will continue trying to transmit the completed WU's while it's running. So as long as it successfully transmits within 48 hours of downloading the WU then you'll get credit for it. If it goes longer than 48 hours though then it's not credited.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > Join folding@home with TeamLFN !