lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi Knight: "Special effects" have no colors.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Pheener
Lurker

Jedi Knight: "Special effects" have no colors.

I just reinstalled JKII for the first time in a year or so and noticed a pretty significant and unsolvable problem.

All the non-sprite special effects in the game (blaster fire, particles, etc.) are completely black or grayish while in 3d accelerated mode. Normally it would be livable, but it's hard to dodge gray blaster fire in gray corridors. I've tried most of the "general" solutions I've seen on the forum. I've tried version 1 and 1.01, and the unofficial patches, compatibility modes, and the Patch Commander.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point. If I hadn't played the game perfectly on XP a year ago, I'd be okay with playing in software mode, but it's annoying to say the least. Any ideas? Thanks.
Pheener is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Easiest and most fun way: I'd try installing the Jedi Knight Enhanced mod. I believe all projectiles in that are replaced by 3dos, which would solve your problem and also make everything look awesome.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
Pheener
Lurker

Man, I totally thought that would work, but it didn't. Upon further viewing it looks like the blaster shots are colored, but that they're 'unlit' by engine standards. Much, much darker than they should be, and nearly invisible during gameplay. Oh well.
Pheener is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Jedi Knight: "Special effects" have no colors.