lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Games played recently
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #81
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Gotcha...thanks for your help.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #82
Achrono
Rookie

I was recently playing some games off this site I found a month or two back, bigbluecup.com , which I advise you all to go onto and download some games. Its pure adventure games.... some really great ones. I've recently played '5 Days a Stranger', 'Prodigal', and 'Nelly Cootalot'. They were all fine games, good to play for a few hours. Did i mention every game on that site (pretty much) are free?

Besides that I've been playing some Call of Duty 2 on my 360. Fun game. It'd probably be funner if I had Xbox live but the single player campaign rocks.
Achrono is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 08:25 AM   #83
Aticus
Rookie

Recently i played Silver.One of the best RPG game ever.Game from 1999 but a real jewel.Now i'm playing So Blonde,very funny adventure game,and hard as a hell.Guess I need to be blonde to play it
Aticus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #84
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Man, when was the last time I posted at Lucas Forums?

Anyway, I recently borrowed Lost in Blue for DS from a friend. I had read lots of bad reviews about it, so I was a little sceptical. The beginning was just as frustrating as all the reviews had said, but it got a lot better after that. I'm not done with it yet, but so far it has been a fun little game.

And as soon as I install DOSBox on my new computer, I'll go back to playing Tex Murphy: Under the Killing Moon. I'm still in the beginning, but the game is awesome.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #85
King Dando
Forumite

I've recently started playing through Mother 3 again, which is one of my favourite games ever. Before I played through it in Japanese, but a fan translation has just been completed after having been worked on for around two years, so finally I can play it in English

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #86
neon_git

Hooray for really old threads I'd totally forgotten about!

I've recently been going through Beyond Good and Evil, which is utterly awesome, and The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, which are overrated and infuriatingly bad.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #87
Sallim
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dando View Post
I've recently started playing through Mother 3 again, which is one of my favourite games ever. Before I played through it in Japanese, but a fan translation has just been completed after having been worked on for around two years, so finally I can play it in English
I read alot about it, everywhereeeeee....
is it wort a play being a complete strange to that all ?

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #88
King Dando
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallim View Post
I read alot about it, everywhereeeeee....
is it wort a play being a complete strange to that all ?
Oh yes, I would think so

I first heard of the MOTHER series from Super Smash Bros. Melee, where Ness, the main protagonist from MOTHER 2 (also known as Earthbound) is a playable fighter. I thought he was pretty cool, and so I decided to try it out, and I've loved it ever since.

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #89
That_Kid
Lurker

I've been playing Animal Crossing "city folk" aka wild world. I play dragon quest on my DS. Don't have very much time for gaming these days.

However, are any of ya'll familure with the Hugo Series?

Here is a link to a video of the opening.
http://www.youtube.com/v/A7CYcHRS_48

Quote:
Hugo House of Horrors is an action text adventure game that involves the skill of a text adventurer combined with the logic of a simulation gamer. Designed by Gray Design Associates in early January of 1990 the original Hugo worked on DOS and Windows based personal computers.
From the start of the third person perspective game, some eerie music greets you as you watch the door to the front of the house shut. Creepy eyes glare through the darkened windows of the House of Horror as you try to figure out how to get inside to save the love of your life! Your dear girlfriend Penelope was sent to the house on a babysitting job and has been kidnapped by the head of the household, who, I’m sorry to say, you never get to actually see.

The puzzles throughout the game are complex at first, but once you find your niche, they seem to get simpler. It is recommended that you gather any and all items that you find because you will most likely need them as you progress through the game. Just as games that are played these days, you’ll want to save often as you might find yourself attacked by butlers, dogs, bats and more surprises than you can shake a stick at.
Using the word “graphics” to start talking about the characters and surroundings is a strong word, but one has to remember this was 1990, putting Hugo House of Horror at a brisk sixteen years old this year. Combinations of simple shapes are put to together to form the characters that you encounter throughout the game. The background landscapes appear to be drawn by hand and are adorable. There is however a large amount of detail for the visual end of the game such as the blinking eyes staring at you in the beginning to the trees in the backyard.
Although tricky at times, the first in the Hugo series has some great ideas as far as game play is concerned. Most problems that gamers encounter can be answered with any game guide online these days. Hugo House of Horror was a pioneer game in its day and is just as fun now as it was in the 90’s on DOS based systems.
That_Kid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #90
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I finished A Vampyre Story a couple of days ago, and I absolutely loved it. The game did have its flaws, but the fun characters, gorgeous backgrounds, decent to good puzzles and overall retro feel really sold it to me.

I chose to play the game in German because of Mona's rather annoying English voice. I loved the German cast, and when I compare it to the English clips I've found at YouTube, I really feel that it's much more solid. The only exception is Shrowdy; I think his voice is far better in English.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #91
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Finished The Longest Journey around a couple weeks ago. Wonderful game, not exactly what I had expected, both before and when playing it, but a wonderful experience all the same.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #92
Mr.Reaper
Rookie

recently found Starcraft. brilliant game but cant get onto battle.net
Mr.Reaper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2009, 03:55 AM   #93
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Anyone into the simcity-type games should check out Viva Pinata. I'm an adult guy and this cute game always put a smile on my face. (It's on both Xbox 360 and PC)

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #94
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I finally got around playing around with DOSBox so that Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon is working properly. I've had the game for about two years now, but I never made it very far because of technical issues. Now I've spent the whole weekend playing it and all I can say is that this is one brilliant game. The characters are great and memorable, the plot has me hooked, the puzzles make sense most of the time and the humour and atmosphere are spot on.

I'm still not done with it, and I'm in no hurry to finish it. I want this experience to last.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Games played recently