lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [KotOR Comic Spoilers] Darth Sion's Identity
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
[KotOR Comic Spoilers] Darth Sion's Identity

As revealed in the latest KotOR comic, Darth Sion is actually Lucien Draay, Zayne Carick's former master.

It was revealed when Haazen was pondering what he will name Lucien, and he threw the name "Darth Sion" around.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Wow...i really didn't see that one coming. Seriously...i didn't
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
According to John Jackson Miller, this was just a teaser and may or may not be factual. Haazen was pretty much just throwing out name ideas, and it may or may not turn out that Lucien takes the name Sion as per his suggestion; or it may or may not turn out that Haazen's mention of the name may be coincident, having nothing to do with the actual Darth Sion who would arrive later.

Also, according to The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, Sion was a surviving Sith from Exar Kun's order, so he obviously wasn't Draay.

I think what is more likely is that Haazen himself takes the name of Darth Sion, being a Sith formerly serving under Exar Kun; and Lucien becomes Nihilus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
jrrtoken

Which issue is this? I've yet to find any mention on Wookiepedia about this.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
The Betrayer
Forumite

Helpful! 
@PastramiX
Issue 34, the very latest.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
I was recently under the impression that Haazen would be Sion.

Their appearances are very similar:
Haazen

Sion

Haazen and Sion both have bad right eyes.

Haazen has a skeletal right arm, Sion has his right arm in a full arm like glove.

Their belts/loin guards are similar in design.

I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 AM   #7
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Damn, why does the EU have to go about exploring and answering everything? Sion was great as he was, shrouded in mystery and darkness, like the other Sith Lords of KotOR II. And at the same time, it's a mildly nice revelation. :/

I think I'm going to look at two Darth Sions now.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #8
The Betrayer
Forumite

Helpful! 
@Hayden GS
Okay, I'm convinced. Haazen is Sion. But who is Nihilus?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:39 AM   #9
Corinthian
Banned

Since when was Sion shrouded in mystery? He was about as well shrouded as a rancor. The man's modus operandi is 'kill, kill, carnage', like he took lessons from Kharn the Berserker (Although Kharn would eat Sion alive).
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 03:56 AM   #10
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
I almost expect that Zayne will kill Lucien, fall to the darkside after doing so, and become Darth Nihilus.

I QUIT LF!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:29 AM   #11
Corinthian
Banned

If Lucien is Sion, you can't very well kill him - the man has Invulnerability to Lightsabers. As well as everything else.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:36 AM   #12
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
Here is a little something I whipped up! It shows photos of Zayne, Nihilus, and Lucien. Zayne's and Lucien's faces have been blackened and Nihilus' mask placed over top.

I know it's not the best, but it might give some an idea who Nihilus may be, or at least be a head scratcher!

I QUIT LF!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:40 AM   #13
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I don't think they're going to make Zayne Nihilus. He's the type of character that you just don't do that to in writing. I know this.

As I've said in my previous post, Haazen was simply throwing name ideas around, it's impossible for Lucien to be Sion because Sion was a Sith under Exar Kun, and and I think that Lucian will become Nihilus and Haazen Sion.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 10-31-2008, 05:51 AM   #14
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
Looking over some info on wookieepedia I'm beginning to think that Lucien will be Nihilus.

But then again we could be wrong on both accounts. In Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide, it states that Darth Sion was the apprentice of Darth Nihilus. If this is true then Nihilus must already exist and taught Haazen the ways of the sith, dubbing him Darth Sion.

I QUIT LF!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:55 AM   #15
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Betrayal View Post
@Hayden GS
Okay, I'm convinced. Haazen is Sion. But who is Nihilus?
Nihilus being the Exile's dark half that took the more self-destructive path, it's not canon. Avellone even mentions that in the interview where he reveals his intention for Nihilus.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 06:01 AM   #16
Corinthian
Banned

Thank god it never got canonized. That is one of Avellone's worst ideas ever.

Last edited by Corinthian; 10-31-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:11 AM   #17
Astor
It's Thornhill!

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
I don't think they're going to make Zayne Nihilus. He's the type of character that you just don't do that to in writing. I know this.
They also said that Darth Vader couldn't be a whiny, angsty teen - that happened.

Or that Jacen Solo could become the biggest butthole in the galaxy.

Quote:
As I've said in my previous post, Haazen was simply throwing name ideas around, it's impossible for Lucien to be Sion because Sion was a Sith under Exar Kun
Retcon? Also, it's probably a good idea to not take the things in the RPG books as gospel - the writers of those don't get final say for what is canon - it's bound to be subject to change.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
If dray is Nihilus, doesnt that mean he had to have been at Malachor five? Wasn't the guy who would be Nihilus at the battle before he was transformed into Nihilus
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
They also said that Darth Vader couldn't be a whiny, angsty teen - that happened.

Or that Jacen Solo could become the biggest butthole in the galaxy.
But you see, those are the types of characters that you do turn into Sith Lords. Zayne is not like them at all. I've always read Zayne as being very similar to Disney's Aladdin: a comical character unwittingly turned hero.

Although Jacen was sort of like that before his fall, and I've always frowned upon the decision to make him a Sith. It never felt believable to me.

Also, the information provided in the same RPG book regarding Nihilus' past already blows what Avellone said out of the water. I will take to heard what Astor_Kaine said about information from these sorts of books, but so far that is what is currently canon.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
sarpedon2
Rookie

Spoilers:
spoiler:
Seems Lucien isn't Sion. Yet. He's rejected the idea of becoming the Lord of Pain. He is however lost his eyes and his hands our burnt. See Lucien Draay's entry on Wookiepedia for more info.

I don't think the KOTOR comics are sold in the UK so could someone post me a scanned image of Lucien at the end of the comic. Wookiepedia don't have one.
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #21
Darth Hord
Rookie

Based on what happens to Lucien and Haazen in the latest issue(s?) both of them could not end being Sion though my gut still says it will be Haazen who's current sith name Darth Hayze is not that good.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #22
Gavroche
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jackson Miller
The galaxy may get its Darth Sion, but not from him.
> source

As for Haazen, I think he's pretty much dead. That was one "helluva" explosion that destroyed the Covenant, without his Sith artifacts, it'd be a wonder if he survived.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
> source

As for Haazen, I think he's pretty much dead. That was one "helluva" explosion that destroyed the Covenant, without his Sith artifacts, it'd be a wonder if he survived.
well if he is Sion he'll be alive again...

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 AM   #24
The Betrayer
Forumite

Helpful! 

Lucien at the end of the comic.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #25
sarpedon2
Rookie

Well it looks like he definitely isn't Sion, unless he will be present at the battle of Malachor V and would have joined the Revanchists.
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #26
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
And that he hasn't been a Sith since Exar Kun's time, if you're referring to Lucien. I know what Astor says about a possible retcon, but the source from which this information comes has been released far too recently, and Lucas Licensing is far too close-knit with what they have planned in the near future for a retcon to take place that soon after the information is released.

So yes, Darth Sion started out as a Sith serving under Exar Kun, and may in fact be the earliest account of the Darth title being used, provided he used it back then. Haazen was a strong possibility until he went and got himself dead, so I don't who will become Sion now; but Lucien is impossible.

Also note that the possibility of Krynda becoming Kreia has now been ruled out with her recent death.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #27
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Please note that the one who opted the 'Darth Sion' is buried under tons of stone of the Draay mansion, twisted by the dark side. And if Lucien lost his eyes and got 100% burned WITH a protective shield, I bet Haazen can be 'shattered and put together.'

Also, Alek takes on the persona of Malak. As a statement to the council, since they pursue revanchist. So he goes by his hiding name.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > [KotOR Comic Spoilers] Darth Sion's Identity