lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #81
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Meh...I'd prefer to have Mara Jade only in multiplayer. Hmm, maybe Jaina could join her...

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #82
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
I would like to see her in something other than MP. Maybe not as the main character but more or less like Juno.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #83
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
I'd like to see many of the EU characters in any multiplayer mode - particularly from the later eras, like Roan Fel and the Imperial Knights, or Darth Krayt and Darth Talon.

I think a multiplayer, whether online or regular single console multiplayer, would be a welcome addition to the next-gen version. Given the backlash over the complete lack of one, I think the developers would be foolish to neglect to add one next time out.

Mara Jade might be a good candidate for a character in a sequel - though as said, not a main one. Mainly because she has a storyline already. I'd prefer a totally original one.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #84
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Yea, that's the thing about Mara. If they were going to make a Yuzhaan Vong/Darth Caedus game, sure, but to get the full story, you'd have to keep switching from Luke to Mara to Leia to Jaina to Jacen to Anakin to...you get the idea.

Maris Brood's story isn't written yet, so I still think she's the best candidate for TFU 2.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #85
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
EU characters in MP is a great idea. If only there was some assurance. The game has only been out for a little over a month, time will tell.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #86
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

I wouldn't count on a sequel for quite a while. LA's track record in that area isn't great (thinking of KotOR and TSL.) Maybe we'll get more in dlc, if the current one is successful.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #87
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Well, Mara Jade or Maris Brood weren't crazy force users...So I think Kyle Katarn could be a candidate or at least an unlockable skin. I think Luke would be good maybe for a story after ROTJ. Like TFU is Vader's "Dark Son"(Starkiller) and Luke is his son who is light. Idk, as long as it's NOT Maris, or Mara Jade. How would they be entertaining to play as anyways?....

"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #88
Juno Eclipse
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Well, Mara Jade or Maris Brood weren't crazy force users...So I think Kyle Katarn could be a candidate or at least an unlockable skin. I think Luke would be good maybe for a story after ROTJ. Like TFU is Vader's "Dark Son"(Starkiller) and Luke is his son who is light. Idk, as long as it's NOT Maris, or Mara Jade. How would they be entertaining to play as anyways?....
Well with Maris we could see how her life was before and after.

For Mara Jade, the story would be like TFU, a dark side user that follows orders from a big baddie (palpatine) without leaving witnesses.

I think both are good candidates for a TFU2.
Juno Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2008, 12:59 AM   #89
Pwnzor326
Rookie

Current Game: TES III: Morrowind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
I think old-Old Republic would work well - seeing we are repeatedly told in the likes of TSL that ancient Jedi and Sith were insanely powerful compared to those from the KotOR era forward.
I really like that idea you could have a videogame adaptation of the Tales of the Jedi comics and fight in the Great Sith War.
Pwnzor326 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #90
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
But why would you call that a TFU 2?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #91
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Ooh! I know what the next game is gonna be! Your* gonna play as a very young Luke Skywalker, trying to trade w/ Jawas, defending the homestead from Tusken Raiders, and, well... doing what he did everyday between III and IV... unless TFU2 takes place after IV

*Excuse the grammar

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #92
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

^

I wouldn't put it past LucasArts...(remembers Super Bombad Racing and shudders)

Who do you think we will start off working for? Presuming we start off directly after the events of TFU? Sith, Rebels or 'freelance'?

Old 10-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #93
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
The next step in Lucas Arts games will probably dip into EU.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #94
Henz

A Yank is an American. So yes you are - a very confusable yank.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #95
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
But why would you call that a TFU 2?
It isn't the characters that make a TFU game. It can be just a game about bounty hunters bounty huntin', or bantha herders holding the line against tusken raiders, as long as the main character unleashes the Force with preposterous strenght and swings his melee weapon with an overly simplified combat system.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #96
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
It isn't the characters that make a TFU game. It can be just a game about bounty hunters bounty huntin', or bantha herders holding the line against tusken raiders, as long as the main character unleashes the Force with preposterous strenght and swings his melee weapon with an overly simplified combat system.
Hmm, I guess you're right but I would hope it would have something to do TFU.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #97
Henz

I see Brood as a likely candidate for a sequel, but I honestly can't fathom how a second game could have the impact or importance that they got with TFU. I think they did a really good job of creating a story that fits the continuity nicely whilst still feeling epic.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #98
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz View Post
I see Brood as a likely candidate for a sequel, but I honestly can't fathom how a second game could have the impact or importance that they got with TFU. I think they did a really good job of creating a story that fits the continuity nicely whilst still feeling epic.
They probably won't get the same ground-breaking effect, but they can build on what they have by adding more features, more ambitious storylines, characters and powers, and make it longer now they know there is a market for it. Think of the difference between KotOR and TSL - both great games in their own right, but KotOR was the ground-breaker, the new thing. TSL took that base and built upon it, with slightly enhanced graphics more animations, items, etc, and would have had a greatly enhanced storyline had LA allowed Obsidian to finish it!

Hopefully, LucasArts will do the same this time round, use the original as a base and build upon it, but maybe finish it thi time around!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #99
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
They probably won't get the same ground-breaking effect, but they can build on what they have by adding more features, more ambitious storylines, characters and powers, and make it longer now they know there is a market for it. Think of the difference between KotOR and TSL - both great games in their own right, but KotOR was the ground-breaker, the new thing. TSL took that base and built upon it, with slightly enhanced graphics more animations, items, etc, and would have had a greatly enhanced storyline had LA allowed Obsidian to finish it!

Hopefully, LucasArts will do the same this time round, use the original as a base and build upon it, but maybe finish it thi time around!
Hmm... I'd love them to achieve the story enhancements that came with TSL, but the time setting would surely be far more restrictive for TFU 2. There's very little space between the end of the first game and Episode IV, the key villains have already been used, and the lingering Jedi survivors have been slaughtered.

We'll see though. I'm on board for another one, although I'd prefer KOTOR 3 if I was forced to choose.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #100
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Hmm... I'd love them to achieve the story enhancements that came with TSL, but the time setting would surely be far more restrictive for TFU 2. There's very little space between the end of the first game and Episode IV, the key villains have already been used, and the lingering Jedi survivors have been slaughtered.
Yeah - I would say it'll be: 1) as discussed, focused on Maris Brood; and 2) set just after her encounter with Galen on Felucia, or just after being sent away by Shaak Ti - maybe that will even be the prologue. And, of course as you say, the villains are already set. Pity, imo (cause we know exactly who they are and how they act, and thus we know who we will fight at the end.)

Quote:
We'll see though. I'm on board for another one, although I'd prefer KOTOR 3 if I was forced to choose.
But of course!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #101
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
I'd prefer a RC2, but I guess I'm happy with anything LA comes out with...

Old 10-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #102
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

I have an idea! A serious one!

I think it would be great to play as Palpatine in his early training, seeing he is supposed to be an incredibly powerful force user and highly skilled duelist. And, as far as I am aware, his early history is not written.

It would be nice to see a game ending which is canonically Dark Side as well!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #103
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Hmm...

A young Palpatine! Boy, what a gruesome sight!

Interesting idea. (I like the part about the canon Dark Side ending) It's possible...but I doubt that they'd do that when they have yet to resolve Maris Brood. Maybe for TFU 3?

Short stories:

Old 10-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #104
Sidias.R
Rookie

Or maybe TFU 4?
I hope Kota will be as your Player Character in TFU 2, or maybe even TFU 3.
Sidias.R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #105
Jamps

I kinda doubt the Kota or Maris would be the main character in the next game. I'm sure they'll have something to do with the plot though, got to tie in the Secret Apprentice somehow, right?
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #106
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
I'm sure they'll have something to do with the plot though, got to tie in the Secret Apprentice somehow, right?
It doesn't HAVE to...LA can do whatever they want, it's their franchise.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 01:13 AM   #107
Juno Eclipse
Rookie

They could make TFU 2 about Palpatine's master, Darth Plaguis! That would be an AWESOME game! Playing as a character who learned the secrets to stop others from dying!
Juno Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #108
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Plagueis would be good too. I don't think he has a history either...

I remember reading that he was originally being discussed to appear in TFU, but wasn't included for whatever reason. (Click)

Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #109
GwannaSauna
Rookie

You're going too far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidias.R View Post
I hope Kota will be as your Player Character in TFU 2, or maybe even TFU 3.
Why do that when you can just enter MANDALORE as a cheat code and equip the green crystal to your lightsaber?

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 PM   #110
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwannaSauna View Post
Why do that when you can just enter MANDALORE as a cheat code and equip the green crystal to your lightsaber?
Meh. It's just not the same. He looks like Kota (or Drunk Kota - to each his own), but he still walks, talks, and fights like Starkiller.

But, unless we are to force sight our way through the game, or have it set way back in the Clone Wars (please no), it seems very highly unlikely. Maris still seems to me the most logical, but not necessarily the most desirable, choice for a (returning) PC character.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:32 PM   #111
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
I'd rather see a brand spank'n new character, than Maris. I could settle for her though.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #112
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Maris Brood's story isn't written yet, so I still think she's the best candidate for TFU 2.
I would hope not with Maris. I didn't like her at all and her fighting style with those guard shoto type short lightsabers. I don't think she would sell as a character to play as if LucasArts wants to make money.

Here is what I think would make good playable characters in TFU II:

Luke Skywalker - After ROTJ - Anything could be possible with this one just by having some dark force rise and he has to put an end to it and other possibilities.

Darth Maul - Pre-TPM - Have him track down and kill Sidious' enemies and kill Jedi who would be witnesses. You could do so much with that and even have a similar beginning like with Starkiller on how Sidious discovered him. He could be the next secret apprentice type character. It's too bad that it is established that Sidious killed his master (Darth Plagueis) in his sleep as you could have actually seen it work out where Sidious and Maul gang up to defeat Plagueis as was set to try happen with Starkiller and Vader teaming up to dethrone Sidious. The end of the story of the game would be just before the events of TPM.

Darth Bane - Show how he rose to be a powerful Sith Lord and how he survived the Sith purge and establish the "Rule of Two."

Darth Vader - Have it start when he is first fitted with the outfit and how he had to learn to adjust to it; meaning how he learned to get more powerful while having his limitations while doing missions to hunt down and destroy Jedi.

A Totally New Character in the Old Republic Era - Just make up a new character that we can grow to love easily during the events of the Old Republic sometime away from the KOTOR era so it can stand alone.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #113
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Or they can make a KotOR III, then everyone's happy

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2008, 04:39 AM   #114
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
Or they can make a KotOR III, then everyone's happy
Well, that wouldn't be the department of the makers of TFU. I say why not both.

Oh, and about my Darth Maul idea. One of the features for Maul is to be able to have the option to turn on one blade or both blades with his lightsaber and have situations where one will work better than the other and have him build up skills to use both styles. And instead of calling it The Force Unleashed II, call it The lightsaber Unleashed.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #115
LordSerion
Rookie

Hmm... I'd definitely like a Force Unleashed 2 playing as Darth Revan, young Palpy or Plagueis!

Last edited by LordSerion; 11-01-2008 at 01:21 PM.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #116
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
I'd rather see a brand spank'n new character, than Maris.
I agree with you. A new character is muc more engaging than going along with an established, if even only partially, backstory. New characters also offer a far greater RPG element. With Maris, of course, a fighting skill, appearance, equipment, backstory and (basic) personality are all already established, so that element probably wouldn't be present.

As I said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01
Maris still seems to me the most logical, but not necessarily the most desirable, choice.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #117
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
I would hope not with Maris. I didn't like her at all and her fighting style with those guard shoto type short lightsabers. I don't think she would sell as a character to play as if LucasArts wants to make money.
QFT

Quote:
Darth Maul - Pre-TPM - Have him track down and kill Sidious' enemies and kill Jedi who would be witnesses. You could do so much with that and even have a similar beginning like with Starkiller on how Sidious discovered him. He could be the next secret apprentice type character. It's too bad that it is established that Sidious killed his master (Darth Plagueis) in his sleep as you could have actually seen it work out where Sidious and Maul gang up to defeat Plagueis as was set to try happen with Starkiller and Vader teaming up to dethrone Sidious. The end of the story of the game would be just before the events of TPM.
Maybe the final fight would be against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
As for the master ordeal, maybe Maul was plotting to overthrow his master.

Quote:
Darth Bane - Show how he rose to be a powerful Sith Lord and how he survived the Sith purge and establish the "Rule of Two."
Yeah. We want to see more of Lehon and Revan!
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2009, 03:17 AM   #118
Capisdead
Rookie

If Lucasarts wants a quick turnaround with force Unleashed 2 then they can go with Maris Brood.

My feeling is that Lucasarts is gonna explore other stories and game concepts first before they to TFU 2.

An interesting idea will be dlc though as I can see maris brood also be the main character in DLC missions and then Lucasarts can possibly use the dlc to set up the main character in TFU 2.
Capisdead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #119
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capisdead View Post
If Lucasarts wants a quick turnaround with force Unleashed 2 then they can go with Maris Brood.
I'm just telling you that using Maris Brood as a main character will not sell that well for a sequel game.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #120
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I'm just telling you that using Maris Brood as a main character will not sell that well for a sequel game.
Agreed. I don't remember there being enough about her to intrigue me, even the slightest bit. Yet, I still wish for a TFU2, even if Maris is the main character.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers