lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: LCD Cleaning
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
jrrtoken

LCD Cleaning

Well, I thought I might ask this here, but I've never really known of a safe way to clean LCD monitors. I heard of using an isopropyl alcohol and water solution, but I'm not privy to the exact details, I've also heard of various other methods, but I'd like to know other ideas from the professionals (if that's what you call them ).
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The general recommendation is a 50/50 solution of 70% isopropyl and distilled water. Tap water is not recommended because of the minerals it contains that can be deposited on your screen. Use a lens cloth or a soft cotton cloth like an old t-shirt and use very little pressure when wiping.*

*Sounds like advice for someone with hemorrhoids.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
lolz..I use a very tiny dab of windex + water with a microfibre lens cloth.

I only have to do it once a year to get rid of the odd spit marks from when Ive yelled at the screen when missing a goal in FIFA, or when someone makes a post about how they "know someone who heard that George Lucas is making EP 7-9"

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
jrrtoken

Awesomesauce, the alcohol solution worked. Now I can actually see clearly, but I'm guessing after I play Battlefield 2142 I'll get spit on it again.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > LCD Cleaning

Tags
cleaning, lcd