lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #161
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Assassin's Creed 4
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Revan63
sup minion lol jking...........ok im new to the mod stuff and dialoge items but haveem downloaded....but i have 3 files all made by differ editors and 1 is bastila and revan kissing(visable) and 2 is bastila says she'll b ur lover if u go to the darkside, will those b deleted together cuz i wanted a perfect romance thing with my pc and bastila

and the 3rd is bastila darkside reskin will that also conflict with the game or no
I can't understand your questions. Could your ask them again and make mention of what problems you are having with DLGEditor? Please also check the dlgeditor_readme.txt and also this recent DLGEditor tutorial thread written by Pavlos.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #162
Lord Revan63
Rookie

Question

ok my question is how do i use the dialoge editor to make my mods go together without deleting themselves in conflict

The Way Of The Sith Is Not One Who Is Strong But One Who Is Correct, Darth Revan, Lord Of War!!!
Lord Revan63 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #163
tk102

Ah ok. You'll have become fairly versed with how dialog trees work particularly the ones you're trying to merge. Then you'll need to decide how you imagine the new dialog tree to branch. At the node you want to branch from, you'll place a conditional script. Please consult the sources I mentioned for more details.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #164
Lord Revan63
Rookie

ok kool thanx

The Way Of The Sith Is Not One Who Is Strong But One Who Is Correct, Darth Revan, Lord Of War!!!
Lord Revan63 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #165
Kryptex
Rookie

Do you require anything special to run the dialog editor? Because I've been trying all day to get it up and running, but to no avail.
Kryptex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #166
Ulic and Cay
Rookie

Does anyone have a list of the integers that the "FadeType" function supports and what those integers do?
While I'm asking questions... I don't suppose anyone knows what the "WaitFlags" field is for...
Ulic and Cay is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #167
Tupac Amaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic and Cay
Does anyone have a list of the integers that the "FadeType" function supports and what those integers do?
While I'm asking questions... I don't suppose anyone knows what the "WaitFlags" field is for...
FadeType:
3: make a fade in
4: make a fade out

By itself this isn't useful since the fade won't last long. You also need the fields FadeLength, FadeDelay and FadeColor fields. FadeColor is optional. If it isn't present then the game will do the standard black fade out/fade in. You can't add these fields with DLGEditor, so you'll have to do that with KGff. FadeLength and FadeDelay are of type FLOAT, FadeColor is a VECTOR.

WaitFlags:
1 - Delay node until animated camera is finished.
4 - Wait for DLG animation to finish (should not be done with a looping animation )

I don't know if other values for these fields do something.

Last edited by Tupac Amaru; 08-21-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Tupac Amaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 04:22 AM   #168
Ulic and Cay
Rookie

I see, I've always just scripted fades, KT is more user friendly than KGff. Also, I've seen WaitFlags set to 8 and 10 before, any idea what those values are doing?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 AM   #169
Tupac Amaru

Quote:
I see, I've always just scripted fades, KT is more user friendly than KGff. Also, I've seen WaitFlags set to 8 and 10 before, any idea what those values are doing?
No idea. Do you remember in which files those values were used?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #170
Ulic and Cay
Rookie

I came across those values in attwarn.dlg in 306NAR_dlg.erf
Old 08-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #171
Darth Balor

lol I wander why... I 've used those values to simulate a few hours or so. Like in K1 with the slaves at Davik's Estate the fading is handled with wait and fade flags. Wait flags can be used if you want the dlg line to wait before going on to the next one.

Darth Balor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #172
Tupac Amaru

Quote:
I came across those values in attwarn.dlg in 306NAR_dlg.erf
I don't think WaitFlags 8 or 10 do anything in that cutscene. The game goes thorugh the nodes without a noticable delay. After removing the WaitFlags the cutscene played the same as before.

Last edited by Tupac Amaru; 08-21-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #173
Darth Balor

ok I'm having truoble getting dustil.dlg to play the new voicovers. I followed the tut by tk102 but i'm still stuck.

Darth Balor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #174
Ulic and Cay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac Amaru
I don't think WaitFlags 8 or 10 do anything in that cutscene. The game goes thorugh the nodes without a noticable delay. After removing the WaitFlags the cutscene played the same as before.
I didn't notice a change either but well they were there... I thought someone must have put them there for a reason. Silly me...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 AM   #175
Ulic and Cay
Rookie

Actually having 8 as a waitflag will do something. I changed the delay from 4 to -1 but left 8 as the waitflag and it just skipped the scene. I didn't investigate further so I'm not sure if having anything in the waitflag field with -1 in the delay field will always produce this or if 8 actually corresponds to a function. Just thought I'd mention it.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #176
Tupac Amaru

Quote:
Actually having 8 as a waitflag will do something. I changed the delay from 4 to -1 but left 8 as the waitflag and it just skipped the scene. I didn't investigate further so I'm not sure if having anything in the waitflag field with -1 in the delay field will always produce this or if 8 actually corresponds to a function. Just thought I'd mention it.
That didn't change anything in my game. I don't think OE have ever used a delay of -1 in a node that also had WaitFlags. Most of the time it was 0. If -1 can cause problems that would explain it.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #177
Ulic and Cay
Rookie

Oh right... My mistake. :-)
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #178
Revan46
Lurker

Yeah so I have no clue how to operate the editor? I look for the dialog.tlk and its there, but when i try to open it through the editor it doesnt show up...It does show in the lower left pane, but I dont know how to open it so as to edit dialogue and such.
Revan46 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 AM   #179
JCarter426

Never had any problems with the editor before, but today I open it up and get this error message:

Help? Please?

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #180
tk102

Can you try running as administrator?

Old 04-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #181
JCarter426

Have to, with Vista. Still the same error message. Also tried redownloading.

And as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the file in question.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #182
tk102

Go to that AppData\Local\Temp folder and delete any folders that start with "pdk-"

That will force any Perl application to unpack itself over again. Maybe the previously unpacked .dll got corrupted.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #183
JCarter426

Ah, that did it. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #184
Gavroche
Rookie

Yep! I've almost got the same error message (with Windows XP though, and I am running as administrator), and I tried to delete any "pdk-" folder from C:\, but everytime I execute DLGEditor, new ones appear and the program keeps failing... Any ideas to get rid of that bug?
Thanks in advance.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #185
tk102

I've uploaded v2.3.2 to my website
http://mods.starwarsknights.com/tk102

See if it helps you at all. I changed the order of some declarations to prevent crashes in some (rare) cases and it's been recompiled w/ PerlApp 7.2.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #186
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
I've uploaded v2.3.2 to my website
http://mods.starwarsknights.com/tk102

See if it helps you at all. I changed the order of some declarations to prevent crashes in some (rare) cases and it's been recompiled w/ PerlApp 7.2.
Yea; It actually opened for me. *huggles tk102, then gives tk a full plate of his delicious brownies* Now, I can actually do dialog files (hopefully) without crashing. I'll have to fix my Hanharr into Jedi mod, then.

I can't thank you enough for this version.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #187
tk102

That's great Ferc Kast, I know DLGEditor has been uncooperative for you for a long time.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #188
Gavroche
Rookie

The new version did the trick :] Thanks a lot tk.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #189
tk102

Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #190
zayne
Lurker

Question Blank dialogues lines

Hi everybody i got a little trouble with my first mod, i post the problem in here, but nobody has ansewer it.

I'm creating various soldier npc and they're supposed to say just an entry but only one of them is working properly. The other five just show a blank line with no text in it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong cause i used the same procces to create the six dlg files so i can't explain what is happening. Why only one of my npc is displaying the dialogues and the others don't?

I'm using the same template for the six npc's but with different appearance for each one, of curse saving them with different utc names. The only doubt i have is if i have to change the field tag for each new npc, or can i use the same tag for all the six.
zayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #191
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zayne View Post
Hi everybody i got a little trouble with my first mod, i post the problem in here, but nobody has ansewer it.

I'm creating various soldier npc and they're supposed to say just an entry but only one of them is working properly. The other five just show a blank line with no text in it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong cause i used the same procces to create the six dlg files so i can't explain what is happening. Why only one of my npc is displaying the dialogues and the others don't?

I'm using the same template for the six npc's but with different appearance for each one, of curse saving them with different utc names. The only doubt i have is if i have to change the field tag for each new npc, or can i use the same tag for all the six.
If I understand your problem correctly, then there should be a field in the DLGEditor that lets you put the Speaker's name (or rather, the tag/resref of his utc file). See if that works.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #192
zayne
Lurker

Post Problem solved

Right before i destroy my monitor i've discover what was wrong. The problem was that my game is an international version so my dialogue must be saved in the language of the game, in my case spanish. It was a dumb problem but i spend all last night trying to figuered out.

Thanks for the reply Trigger, and sorry about my english but it's not my natal language.

Last edited by zayne; 11-15-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add something
zayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #193
Kurai Neko
Lurker

Question ruRu)

Hi guys.

Recently I install TSL RCM and some restore mod's to clear KotorTSL.

But I have small problem. Some dialogues should be translate in dlg files as i understand. Not only in dialog.tlk.

But DLG editor does not support russian language. And it's not possible to translate all game with RCM.

Could someone help Ru community and rebuild tool with Ru lang support.

Please))

Sorry for my bad english)
Kurai Neko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #194
Kurai Neko
Lurker

I try to modify src.
And take a problem with compilation modified file.
Where i can download some perl modules to compilate Ru version of tool?
Especially
Bioware::GFF 0.65
Bioware::TLK 0.02
Kurai Neko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #195
Laochra
Rookie

Current Game: kotor tsl
how do i connect the dialogue with my module files? ive named the them same thing as the npcs and but the speaker name as the npc's name aswell. wat am i doing wrong?
Laochra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #196
harark1
Rookie

Current Game: Tsl, Jedi Acadmey
Hey i need some help using this.
Couple of questions.

1. How do I put a script in to fire when a certian dialog node is used?

2. How do I put a voice over into my dialog? (You know so you have an actual voice speaking)

3. How can I use the animations in the editor?

Well that is it thanks.
harark1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #197
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Hey Harark!

1. Script insertion is easy! There are literally available fields on any node of dialog that are labeled for scripting, ie: Script that fires when conversation ends, script that fires if conversation aborts - these two are on the root node of your convo. After that each node has a Script that determines availability and a Script that fires when spoken field.

Into these fields, if you have made your nwscript, you would enter the name of your script minus the suffix ( no .ncs ) and that should be about it. Then test your dialog and scripts

2. This is more complicated, essentially you need to record the VO in the correct format, and then follow a very specific naming convention. You will then need to extract .lip files and apply some lipsync to your speakers. There is a tut made just for this question... I suggest you search for it

3. The basic animations of speaking, or combat animations? For stuff like laughing while speaking, shaking your fist, gesturing... that is all done with the DLGEditor. In the lower section of the editor, slightly on the right-hand side, are two boxes, labeled Current Animations (should be empty) and Available Animations. Drag from one box into the other, and that should be about it.

If you want more complex animations, you will need to script an in-game action sequence... you can see something along these lines explained in this thread.

Hope this points you in the right directions!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #198
harark1
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
Hey Harark!

1. Script insertion is easy! There are literally available fields on any node of dialog that are labeled for scripting, ie: Script that fires when conversation ends, script that fires if conversation aborts - these two are on the root node of your convo. After that each node has a Script that determines availability and a Script that fires when spoken field.

Into these fields, if you have made your nwscript, you would enter the name of your script minus the suffix ( no .ncs ) and that should be about it. Then test your dialog and scripts
Um still confused. Where is the a script that fires when spoken field? What do you mean by script that "determines availbility"?

Scripting + Harark1 =

Death causes Life and Life causes Death.

And you say Murder isn't natural

This is the url for Ninth heart: http://www.jediquest.webs.com/
Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #199
harark1
Rookie

uh just ignore my last post I had been forgeting to compile my scripts. Hey i'm new to this, it happens right?

Scripting + Harark1 =

Death causes Life and Life causes Death.

And you say Murder isn't natural

This is the url for Ninth heart: http://www.jediquest.webs.com/
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #200
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
^^ I feel like the chick in the Progressive insurance commercials....

"It happens all the time!!!"

Yeah, veterans do it too....

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2

Tags
dialog, editor, kotor modding tool