View Poll Results: Would you like Bioware to add space and space combat? If so what?
Galaxies style space combat should be included. 7 26.92%
EVE style space combat should be included. 1 3.85%
A hybrid of the above two should be included. 10 38.46%
No space combat should be inculded fighter pilot should play Jedi Starfighter, instead. 1 3.85%
Other (specify) 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Space, and space combat (not related to the guild ships topic) for all fighter pilots
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
DarthJacen
Forumite

Space, and space combat (not related to the guild ships topic) for all fighter pilots

Hooray! This is my one hundredth post!

Jump to Lightspeed was my favorite expansion for Star Wars Galaxies. It gave such a depth to the roleplaying aspect of Galaxies that I actually find myself telling people, "I'm right above you, let me land", in reality you are in a completely different server.

It was nice to be able to hyperspace to other planets and fight an arcade flight simulator meshed game that you could play against the environment or against other pilots and pob ships.

It was more of a World War II flight simulator than a modern one because of the emphasis on guns being the primary weapon and missiles being a secondary weapon. (GL used world war II footage of the Battle of Britain as an early for of animatics for the Millenium Falcon fight and the Battle of Yavin scene in A New Hope causing that feel.)

By the way, if you haven't already, Master pilots should check out Ord Mantell with a group. You would be freaked out by the level of npcs there.

EVE went even further with the space concept by making all space activity on one giant server where you could literally go and go and go in space and never find the end of the server unlike in Galaxies.

I have often talked with people who have played both, and they agree with me that Galaxies would benefit from and EVE level space sim.

Would you be happy with this being added to Star Wars: The Old Republic? Why? or Why not?

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Space, and space combat (not related to the guild ships topic) for all fighter pilots