Thread: EA News Release : LucasArts and BioWare Reveal Star Wars: the Old Republic
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #41
True_Avery
Banned

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...91#post2544491

Timeframe Debate moved to General Discussion.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #42
BumpoTheHutt
Rookie

Quote:
I'd be like Lucas stopping in the middle of the films and decide to do something else.
Umm... Not to pick nits here but....
BumpoTheHutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #43
Lord Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpoTheHutt View Post
Umm... Not to pick nits here but....
I think he means "Stop to do something else and never come back to finish."

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #44
GwannaSauna
Rookie

It better not be like Galaxies! I don't wanna be pwned by some high ranked guy!

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #45
LordSerion
Rookie

Wow, that's nice from them, making an MMO like this! I hope it'll be good, and won't be balance problems.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #46
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwannaSauna View Post
It better not be like Galaxies! I don't wanna be pwned by some high ranked guy!
Check your PMs

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 05:17 AM   #47
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicatorJade View Post
Yeah, well have you heard of people losing interest in things and becoming interested in others. I'm not the star wars I use to be when I was 12.
I'm starting to lose interest completely in Star Wars since latey any of the new productions like the prequels, the clone wars movie/series and force unleashed aren't really that good.

With how things are deveolping with Star Wars and LucasProductions, I doubt I would buy a kotor 3 even if it did come out.

How many people weren't 100% impressed with kotor 2. It was good, but nothing compared to the first.
Lets face it, Star Wars is going down the dark path...
I'm not so enthused that I buy everything SW when it first comes out...or any video game anymore. I have other things to concern myself with.
Maybe I'm just too cynnical?

Not sure about an online MMO. I think the whole pay per play online hassle more than effectively negates any interest I may have. I've had too many underhanded subscription deals spoil into messes.

However, I'd wait until KOTOR 3 came down in price. If for no other reason I'd get it for dedication--long as it wasn't an insult. Force unleashed about hit my expectations--great intentions but consequently falls short due to over ambition. Like mos SW games I have played.

I guess you kind of hit it. I would not go so far ast to say COMPLETELY losnig interest for myself personally. However, (and I suspect I'm not the only one given the time period) I suspect Lucas was hoping/planning on the $$$ generated from KOTOR 2 to help him finish SW:ROTS. I have no sources or way of confimrming that except that it's the only thing that makes sense, besides the whole theory that he's greedy bastard who only marginally cares for his works. I think he cares deeply for his creations. And his fans.
Just a bit over-ambitious.

I'm just too tired for an online MMORPG because the hassles have ruined my experiences. I'd go more for a KOTOR 3.

One last thing is, what kind of purpose is there besides socializing...I mean isn't that what we already do HERE at lucasforums? Isn't that what leaving the house to go find love (or at least good times) is for??? Does nobody care about good old fashioned in person experience anymore?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #48
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
^ I see your point but the guys at BioWare did stress that the MMO will focus much more on story driven, single player campaigns and adventures than others, and you will have NPC party members to interact with (like KotOR and TSL) and they claim to have found a way so it looks like everyone's NPCs look different from each other, giving it more individuality...

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > EA News Release : LucasArts and BioWare Reveal Star Wars: the Old Republic