lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: about the game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
dragonlancex
Lurker

about the game

1. how many hours is it
2. can you get a cape in the game?
3. is there a big war u can fight in
4. can u be evil or good?
dragonlancex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
1. 20-60 hours, depending on how many side quests you do, how much time you spend talking to your companions, how much time you spend experimenting with lightsaber crystals, etc.
2. I don't think so. However, the Jedi robes all come with cloaks.
3. There are large masses of enemies you can fight at certain points in the game(aka 10-15 people/animals at once).
4. Yes. There are Light options and Dark options everywhere. Reaching completely light and completely dark gives you bonuses. Also, some crystals are only usable by light or dark. Darkside makes your face and your companion's faces ugly. If you'd prefer to just have Sith eyes and not the wrinkled grey face, there is a mod for that. PM me for it or ask for it on the Mod Link Requests thread under Holowon Laboratories/Mod requests.

Hope you like the game!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2008, 02:28 AM   #3
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
1. it took me about 2 days to beat the game (I played a nonstop.)
2. No
3. Yes. you can fight in a gang war between two swoop gangs, you can fight in the jedi civil war.
4. you can be lightsided or darksided, each side has different outcomes at the end of the game
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
Christos K
Veteran

1. You can beat both games in 24 Hours if you skip through everything cutscene and dialogue possible though I normally listen to fun parts like dialogue on the Star Forge, Leviathon and Unknown World, HKs and Canderous' dialogue is also fun so I listen.
2. By playing through normal no. But there are many mods that allow you to wear stuff like Darth Revan's Full Armor, Darth Nihilus' Robe, Darth Malak's Armor etc.
3. THere will be many times where you will find youself fighting atleast 10 enemies at once in both games.
4. You can turn good and evil and will change the ending depending on if you go full evil or full light though the first game has a much bigger change in endings.
Hope this helped. Have fun

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
dragonlancex
Lurker

i installed the game for my pc but when i click game a screen shows a ship then it doesnt load
dragonlancex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
i installed the game for my pc but when i click game a screen shows a ship then it doesnt load
does that happen to be on windows vista?

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlancex View Post
I had the same problem. If you have K1, go to Program Files/Local Drive/Lucasarts/Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and copy the mss32.dll file. Then, go to Program Files/Local Drive/Lucasarts/SWKotOR2, delete the mss32.dll file there, and replace it with the one you just copied from K1.

Hope that works!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Revan 411
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlancex View Post
1. how many hours is it
2. can you get a cape in the game?
3. is there a big war u can fight in
4. can u be evil or good?
-It depends. It did take around 30 hours to beat it on my first play through, but that's because I explored a lot.
-You can get robes which have capes.
-Yup. There are several actually. One is the Ondaron battle, the other is a climax battle, and a few other ones as well.
-Yes. Yes you can.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > about the game