lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Your Dream Video Game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
jrrtoken

Your Dream Video Game

INITIALIZING HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO

Suppose that you had unlimited resources to design and create any video game fitting to your whim, what would it be? Be creative and very descriptive; don't be afraid to post what's on your mind! (Unless if it evolves erotic scenarios >_>)

Personally, my dream video game would be an "interactive acid trip". Part adventure a la Myst, it would simply involve procedural generation and prerendered elements randomly spaced out... like an acid trip. The beauty of it is that it each trip can be fully customized to match the user's tastes by importing 3D models, images, sounds and music from your hard drive. Each experiencing is designed with a "randomosity variable" that ensures that each trip is unique and unlike any other previous trip. Each trip can also be entirety recorded for playback. Now, the best part about is that it is 100% open-source, and therefore, is completely free and able to be modified.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
A game that deals with an alternate star wars history where Revan was defeated by malak and the sith won the war. It would be so cool to play as a reistance fighter againt the sith, and to see how the characters of both games developed in such an altered timeline.
It would be a very interesting game in my opinion
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
A game where you never can predict what is going to happen next (in star wars). Even the creators don't know what will happen next.

Or

A game that is like civilization and medieval total war 2 combined, control armies on a world scale, but then can zoom in and fight single battles, also you have to control the cities, trade, and anything else that goes with being a country.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
A massive Ancient Rome Sims/Total War/KotOR type thing. Create your character, then immerse yourself in all the loveliness the Roman Empire had to offer. Work your way up the cursus honorum to become Consul, or go out and fight as a soldier, etc.

Also be able to choose the location of your residence and tailor it to your own wishes, be able to move across the Empire and fight to expand it.

And, of course, be able to work your way through the entire history of Rome. Just over a millenium of history isn't that much to ask, is it?

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Hmm... My dream game(s) ATM would be;
  • A game that blends the game play of Freelancer with KotOR...
  • Grand Theft Speeder: Coruscant...
  • Total Annihilation II (Vulcan's FTW)
  • Shadow Warrior II (I want some more Lo Wang!)

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #6
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yes, Grand Theft Airspeeder: Coruscant would indeed be a fun game.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Right now, my dream video game would have to be a sequel to Star Wars: TIE Fighter and of course the game would come packaged with a full motion cockpit flight simulator... don't ask me how, but in my dreams it fits in the box...

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
knight 12167
Rookie

I dream of a game where you get to shoot people up in third person without the game being rated M

Never was anything great achieved without danger.
knight 12167 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 AM   #9
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
So, you want a crap game in other words.

I want a Jedi Knight remake.
I want a Zelda game as good as OoT.
I want a non MMORPG KotOR game.
I want a GOOD lightsaber game for the Wii.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 03:14 AM   #10
Q
The one who knocks

A modern remake of Jedi Knight would be awesome.

Did TFU for the Wii suck, or did TFU just suck in general?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 12-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #11
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
A KotOR 3 written by Avellone and Ziets. Single player only with an explanation of Revan/Exile's fate, damn it all.

And while I'm still dreaming, remakes of MotB and Torment with the former having a less clunky engine and the latter a less dated one. And of course full voice acting, the 3.5e rules and balanced combat for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #12
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
TFU, IMO, was good on the 360 and PS3. The others stink, if they're anything like the PS2 version.

I would post something about my 'dream game', but I still have to think on it!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #13
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
I'd like a new Kotor game, with Force Unleashed like motion cap animations for all the Jedi.
features:
-An truly EPIC storyline*, massive battlegrounds with hundreds of AI npc's fighting each other.
-Mass Effect engine (or higher), with Mass Effect feel.
-Customisable lightsaber
-In-game visions of the future (being the one who makes the Son of the suns prophecy)
-EU support

Storyline:*
-10 years after Kotor 2, first newly trained Jedi. Quit powerful, ex-padawan in the time of Kotor 1. Too young to have been a target in Kotor 2.
Go around the galaxy doing Jedi stuff. No-one expects the Jedi to be back, so the 'ZOMG I ROCK' feeling is there when you sever a thugs gun in half with your lightsaber.
-Join the Republic in a (standard) war and become the first Jedi since the Exile to actually lead armies.
-Be the star of the rebuild Jedi Order, like Luke is, or destroy it.
-Ending: find out about Revan, join him and the Exile in the unknown regions on a barren, rocky planet to make one final stand against the Sith there. Incredible battle, forcing the Sith to wait another 300 years before they invade (Kotor MMO)
-In short: Be THE hero.

Other stuff:
-Fatalities. Cut someone's hand, head or will you let him/her live?
-Style. You should be capable of choosing your own fighting style, out of all the lightsaber forms.
-Force powers; between Force Unleashed and Kotor 2.
-Semi-destroyable environment. Think some Mass Effect once more.
-Soundtrack. I want John Williams.

Yes, I have thought about this.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #14
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I've always had this idea of an ubergame that is basically a massive strategy game where you command nations and armies. The catch is, the game world mirrors the real world 1:1. This is done by having software analyse the texture data of Google Maps to recreate buildings, mountains, terrain, trees, everything.

I've always wanted that to happen, Google Maps used for video games using procedural generation techniques.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #15
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I want a Star Wars strategy game, which includes all the major timelines and conflicts from canon (except the Vong War and most of the other Post-Episode 6 ones, obviously). It would have actual resource management and strategy (rather than the luke-warm pansy stuff they had in Empire at War). I'd also like a system of advancing technologies that a person could actually take seriously.

And a remake of the Dark Forces saga. That includes from Dark Forces one up through Jedi Academy, with a gaming engine that a person could take seriously nowadays (meaning something other than the Quake 3 engine). Add a host of weapons and other sorts of features, plus two or three games' worth of additional levels of what Kyle Katarn was doing in between the games. Top it off which the option to continue JKA's storyline after the dark side ending.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
You know, I would like to have a game where anything was possible. One day you could build a city and control everyone's lives. The next, destroy it with your army and conquer the world, expand your horizons into space or see the world from the point-of-view of one the people. Think combination of every game in history...that'd be fun.

Oh, and add a plumber suit to it

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #17
Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

Several years ago when me and my mates used to play Freelancer we thought that the best game would be if it was Star Wars but like Freelancer you could fly your own ship to any system (i say system not just planet we want to see the Hoth astroide field the rouge moon off Taris and other cool things) fight, trade and the rest however you could also land on the planets and explore them as well it would be a massive game but really good.

I see RH had the same idea as well.

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #18
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon View Post
A KotOR 3 written by Avellone and Ziets. Single player only with an explanation of Revan/Exile's fate, damn it all.

And while I'm still dreaming, remakes of MotB and Torment with the former having a less clunky engine and the latter a less dated one. And of course full voice acting, the 3.5e rules and balanced combat for both.
Same here. Too bad these dreams will never become a reality.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #19
Litofsky
Galaxial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I've always had this idea of an ubergame that is basically a massive strategy game where you command nations and armies. The catch is, the game world mirrors the real world 1:1. This is done by having software analyse the texture data of Google Maps to recreate buildings, mountains, terrain, trees, everything.

I've always wanted that to happen, Google Maps used for video games using procedural generation techniques.
Heck yeah, to say the least. Come to this of it, Sabre, that type of videogame would probably be developed for military usage first, seeings its obvious benefits (mainly if everything in the real world, as you mentioned, was in said game).
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #20
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post

I have to say that is a really good idea. I would buy a game like that

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #21
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

The Holodeck game. Infinitly adaptive, infinitly fun.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #22
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
I'd like a new Kotor game, with Force Unleashed like motion cap animations for all the Jedi.
features:
-An truly EPIC storyline*, massive battlegrounds with hundreds of AI npc's fighting each other.
-Mass Effect engine (or higher), with Mass Effect feel.
-Customisable lightsaber
-In-game visions of the future (being the one who makes the Son of the suns prophecy)
-EU support

Storyline:*
-10 years after Kotor 2, first newly trained Jedi. Quit powerful, ex-padawan in the time of Kotor 1. Too young to have been a target in Kotor 2.
Go around the galaxy doing Jedi stuff. No-one expects the Jedi to be back, so the 'ZOMG I ROCK' feeling is there when you sever a thugs gun in half with your lightsaber.
-Join the Republic in a (standard) war and become the first Jedi since the Exile to actually lead armies.
-Be the star of the rebuild Jedi Order, like Luke is, or destroy it.
-Ending: find out about Revan, join him and the Exile in the unknown regions on a barren, rocky planet to make one final stand against the Sith there. Incredible battle, forcing the Sith to wait another 300 years before they invade (Kotor MMO)
-In short: Be THE hero.

Other stuff:
-Fatalities. Cut someone's hand, head or will you let him/her live?
-Style. You should be capable of choosing your own fighting style, out of all the lightsaber forms.
-Force powers; between Force Unleashed and Kotor 2.
-Semi-destroyable environment. Think some Mass Effect once more.
-Soundtrack. I want John Williams.

Yes, I have thought about this.
I agree with this, sounds like the perfect game to me, I hope Lucas is reading it.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #23
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
This is going to sound really bizarre, but I want an KotOR game that plays like GTA:SA. The problem I have with RPGs is that they tend to have stories that don't fit well with the RPG genre (key parts of the story tend to hint that your character was written with a specific class in mind, etc). The problem I have with straight action/adventure games is that I feel like I'm being trained like a chimp (push this button here, push that button there, etc). GTA: SA didn't give me a class per se, but it did give me skills and the ability to build them (or not build them). I could change my appearance and such, but I never felt that twinge of disappointment when an NPC said something to me that yanked me out of the role I was trying to play. At the same time, I also had objectives that needed to be met and the freedom to accomplish them in a manner that made sense to me.

So there.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #24
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:

QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
And a remake of the Dark Forces saga. That includes from Dark Forces one up through Jedi Academy, with a gaming engine that a person could take seriously nowadays (meaning something other than the Quake 3 engine). Add a host of weapons and other sorts of features, plus two or three games' worth of additional levels of what Kyle Katarn was doing in between the games. Top it off which the option to continue JKA's storyline after the dark side ending.
This would seriously rock.

So long as this is a dream thread. I'd love to see the BG series remade only updating the graphics to NWN2 level.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #25
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Tekken vs Mortal Kombat.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #26
Gargoyle King
Veteran

My dream game?

Lazy Town!

'Nuff said!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #27
jrrtoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle King View Post
My dream game?

Lazy Town!

'Nuff said!
Hells yeah!

I can imagine some sort of Mortal Kombat-esque brawl, with Sportacus showing off his moves.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #28
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Hells yeah!

I can imagine some sort of Mortal Kombat-esque brawl, with Sportacus showing off his moves.
It'd be a bestseller methinks!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #29
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
My dream game?

Lazy Town!

'Nuff said!
I'll take a Hentai of that, thank you

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #30
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
I don't know about MotB because I haven't played it yet, but I think that Torment is fine the way it is. IMO, the Infinity engine has yet to be beaten as far as gameplay is concerned. Full voice acting would be cool, yes, but I couldn't imagine how huge the sound files would have to be for all of that dialogue. And I'm quite content with the 2e rules.

-Toker
Old 12-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #31
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon

YES! <3

Plus as much customization of appearance and clothing as there is in the sims. Hee.

And let Bishop survive this time, dammit.

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #32
jrrtoken

Quote:
It'd be a bestseller methinks!
I'd imagine it would be something like this:
Show spoiler
Old 12-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #33
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
That...is the singel most beautiful game I have ever seen...
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
CommanderQ
I should go.

Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I'd imagine it would be something like this:
Show spoiler
Yep, that would trump all the games ever made. *Clapping*

Beautiful..absolutely beautiful

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #35
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
I don't know about MotB because I haven't played it yet
Fix this.

Quote:
I think that Torment is fine the way it is. IMO, the Infinity engine has yet to be beaten as far as gameplay is concerned.
Gameplay was BG2's strong point, though, not Torment's. Despite using the IE I didn't think combat in the latter was that impressive (though it was still more balanced than TSL's, despite all the opportunities to boost TNO's stats).

Quote:
Full voice acting would be cool, yes, but I couldn't imagine how huge the sound files would have to be for all of that dialogue.
This thread is for dreaming, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Hoon
Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #36
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
QFT

Next to that TSL:RP

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #37
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
;_; Dev is so mean!

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Your Dream Video Game

Tags
dream, game, video