I know this was posted on mixnmojo.com, but I'll post it here too...
International Patch #1
Originally Posted by readme.txt
A Vampyre Story - International Patch 1 - Patchnotes
Dec. 05 2008
Installation & Requirements:
- this patch can be used for all versions of the game currently available: US, UK, France, Germany & download versions
- The suggested installation path is the same as with the game. Selecting a different path will add "\A Vampyre Story\" after the selected path. Make sure to correct this, if you renamed the actual game directory.
- Less "stuck" animations. If problem still occurs, restart game.
- removed two bugs (perfume and stadium) that could prevent further playing
- Support for graphics cards without AA: if the game did not start on your system, select "Safe AA" during patch installation to set AA to 0.
- small bug fixes and tweaks
- playing the game on systems that are below the minimum requirements, or have a lot of other programs running at the same time, might cause problems within the game. If you encounter anything unusual, make sure to restart the game after quitting any unneeded background tasks.
The part about the suggested installation path being the same was wrong in my case. My patch wanted to install to "c:\program files\a vampire story" but the game itself was installed in "c:\program files\the adventure company\a vampire story".