Thread: First in-game footage of The Old Republic coming tomorrow
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb First in-game footage of The Old Republic coming tomorrow

Look forward to the first in-game footage of Star Wars: The Old Republic to be released tomorrow in the form of a video documentary! LucasArts and BioWare today announced that the first video documentary for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be posted on the game’s official website (http://www.StarWarstheOldRepublic.com) tomorrow, Friday, December 12. [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
jrrtoken

Finally! Perhaps we may now cast substantial judgment upon TOR.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Ought to be interesting, to say the very least. I'm hoping that they have done someting about those robes.

I'll have to give it a look when it comes out, and we can either sing its praises or savage it!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
Rathoris
Rookie

i'm hoping we can finally see the 'dynamic combat system' in action
Rathoris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 AM   #5
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
Just hope that it will be something good and not 10 seconds worth of footage repeated over and over!

I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Finally! Perhaps we may now cast substantial judgment upon TOR.
Only on the graphics, and gameplay. The story is supposed to be the one thing that is truly unique. While the combat is supposed to be innovative, and no longer the "Combat Dance" it is not the most unique thing to the game.

Though admittedly, if they can somehow make the combat rival the movies combat, I'll be giddy.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #7
Darth Kruhl
Rookie

I believe that this game will outshine both kotor 1 and 2. Most definitely.

The sith will rise again
Darth Kruhl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
^^
maybe K2... K1? Impossible

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
jrrtoken

Strange that they decided to use music from K2 in the video; I though that BioWare was trying to alienate K2 altogether. >_>

I also see that BioWare is trying to sell this as the best thing since canned bread. The part saying that the dialogue and characters in TOR would be better than K1 & K2 combined made me laugh, and their excuse for using "stylized realism" as an art style was simply a veiled attempt of them trying to make it look like WoW. The lightsaber combat animations look extremely clunky and unnatural, especially how the characters seem to spin around instantly to block a move. They still haven't alluded to whether the combat will be real-time or turn-based, but I hope that it is the latter.

Altogether, I believe that BioWare is putting to much confidence in this product, and using terms such as "best", "largest", and "revolutionary" might just come back to bite them if TOR does fail.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > First in-game footage of The Old Republic coming tomorrow