lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Good samaritans to be punished? Something isn't right here...
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Good samaritans to be punished? Something isn't right here...

Yeah, I'm referring to a ruling as of late that may lead to a new law.

A man wanting to help a crash victim out of her car accidentally injured her and made her a paraplegic. She has sued him. Case was ruled in her favor I heard.

Which, needless to say, is WHY they tell you to leave rescue to the professionals. I suppose if the woman was not in any mortal danger that, yes, the man should have just stayed there with her and not forced the issue. Still, he was only trying to help.

I know there are punishments out there for failing to assist in an emergency but do we need a law telling us we can't help out someone in danger? This is a bit of a dilemma. Contradicting laws. I'd hate for there to be two contrary laws and for it to be decided by an arbitrary (and usually very grim) district attorney.
Damned because you helped.
Damned because you didn't.

I can just picture a DA saying to someone
"I can decide that you'll get sued either way--because I said so. I'm the DA and you have nothing to say in the matter."

I'll admit, I have it in for DAs a little bit. Nothing personal though.

What do you think about this unfortunate turn of events and its implications???

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Good samaritans to be punished? Something isn't right here...