lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: Realms of Honor
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Star Wars: Realms of Honor

Well I have been thinking and it hit me. I know I have done much reference to the "Miako incident" in Heart of Deception. Well this story tells of that. This takes place after the war in Heart of the Guardian and before Heart of Deception.

Star Wars: Realms of Honor

Bushida! The code of honor among warriors, the way of the sword. A way of life followed by all who fight to defend their home and people.

Though unique to the Avalonians, it is a code followed by others who profess themselves to be warriors. Across the worlds this code transcends into the very heart of the galaxy’s people and beyond. Yet there are those who seek to use that code to twist it to their own ends and rule the realms and the galaxy.

In a place that exists far beyond known space a group of warriors train together in the ways of combat. They are the champions of their people and thought to be the last stand for their world. They fight to prepare for a tournament that is fought to the death, unaware that others have been chosen…

Chapter 1

The move came out of nowhere as the fist connected with flesh in a hard smack. The sound of the person groaning was enough for the warrior to grapple his opponent and throw him down. It was over when the dull wooden point touched the throat.

“Li-Shang wins. Flawless victory.”

Li-Shang stood up and withdrew the wooden sword he had pulled out and held it to his side. He grinned and lowered his hand to his opponent. “Always miss the feint Son-ja.”

Son-ja took a firm grip on the hand offered to her and stood herself up. She brushed herself down with her hands. Giving her white blonde braid a shake she replied, “Always getting me with grapple.”

“At least I am not the victim of your killing move.”

Son-ja grinned and said, “You are the best among us Li-Shang. More likely you’ll be the champion of the tournament.”

“You both are able warriors. You both have the potential to be the champion of our world,” an elderly voice interrupted.

Son-ja and Li-Shang turned to see Riyusaan, their trainer advance towards them. His eyes were white, atrophied from lack of use but he could still see in different ways, just as he watched his fighters practice. He came, dressed in his usual white training clothes, with a strong gait. He repeated, “You both have the potential. All of you do.”

Just at that moment three other warriors came. They had seen their trainer coming towards Son-ja and Li-Shang and knew that it was time for another lesson. They came and stood at an at ease position in front of Riyusaan.

Riyusaan nodded and said, “Li-Shang, Son-ja, Katarina, Ja-xor and Joji Chan, you all have been chosen by your respected tribes. You all have a destiny and the potential to become champion of the tournament. It has been seen.”

“And by the rules of the tournament, the Darksiders will not invade our world?” Son-ja asked.

“Yes. Once you have learned how to channel yourself from within you will be ready.” Riyusaan looked at each of his fighters. “You all have trained well and in four days time the fate of our world will be dec…”

Suddenly a loud rumble sounded. Everyone looked around wondering what that was. Another rumble sounded but this time louder. The walls began to crumble and the faint trickles of granite were falling. The ground began lurching violently and the warriors tried to keep their balance. Joji asked, “What’s going on?”

Riyusaan, who could see on different levels, looked around. The air seemed to charge around him as he looked upward. It visibly manifested as he turned to look. At the same time a section of the training room blew away to reveal the valley below. Riyusaan turned and muttered, “Tsung Khan.”

As he muttered the name, the owner of it manifested from an energy source along with warriors of his own. Some were human in appearance and others looked half human and half beast yet all bore the same look, that of a warrior to kill. Tsung Khan stood ahead of his warriors and grinned at Riyusaan. He thumped his staff on the ground and said, “I had hoped for a warmer welcome Riyusaan.”

The air became more charged and the electricity crackled around Riyusaan as he replied, “You are not welcome here. The tournament is to take place on the island of Wushan.”

“All that way just to beat your champions? Hardly worth the effort,” Tsung Khan was chuckling as if he had made a joke. He tapped his staff on the ground to accentuate his true feelings towards the group before him. “Here will do just fine.”

“And violate the laws of our worlds? You know the penalty Tsung Khan,” Riyusaan replied.

“And as you teach your champions: This world has rules but those rules can be broken.”

“The tournament decides!” The air thundered with Riyusaan’s anger at this violation.

“Temper, Riyusaan,” Tsung Khan replied, “In the end, I will have command on this world and will start on the next.” It was then he noticed the champions behind Riyusaan. He commented, “These are your champions?”

Riyusaan said nothing but stood upright. Joji was the one that said, “That’s right and we’ll put you in your place.”

Tsung Khan lifted a brow. “Is this what the champions of Miako have come to? Where is that famous discipline of yours?” His tone was mocking.

Joji would have jumped to fight Tsung Khan right then and there. Riyusaan held him back. He said, “Stop. You are not welcome here until the tournament. This is our law. Leave now!”

As soon as he said that, and energy source shot him back and into a far wall. Tsung Khan held his staff pointed at Riyusaan as the energy returned to his staff. He said, “I am the law and will take what is mine.” He pointed his staff at the champions and taunted, “You may stop me if you can.” He then righted his staff on the ground stabbing it on the ground and barked to his warriors, “Fight!”

Tsung Khan’s warriors backed into a fighting stance and then began to charge. Li-Shang backed into his own and charged to meet him. The others followed, running at full speed. Both sides rushed towards each other getting closer and closer like a wave getting ready to crash upon the shore. They came together and…

The warm sun filtered through the trees as the hammock swung wildly while its occupant was struggling to get free and make sense of his surroundings. The hammock flipped over and its occupant landed on the grass below. The book that had been resting on his chest had flopped face down on the ground beside him.

“Statement: The Handsome Meatbag appears to have suffered in his balance. Shall I assist?”

The laugh that accompanied with it made the former occupant of the hammock turn red with embarrassment which quickly turning to laughter. Kirabaros, proclaimed Heart of the Guardian, laughed as he pushed himself to his feet. He dusted himself off with good humor and said, “HK, the day I need your assistance will be the day that I grow senile.”

“Affirmative.”

“He’s just upset because I wouldn’t let him blast his ‘meatbags’ again,” the droid’s companion said.

“I am always ready to serve, Master.”

“Give it up Revan. Once an assassin droid, always and assassin droid,” Kirabaros said as he examined his book. He dusted the covers off as he began puzzling out his dream.

“I guess,” Revan replied smiling. She watched as Kirabaros dusted himself off and the book he was reading. “I guess we can’t leave you anywhere. You’ll just end up falling down.”

Kirabaros chuckled as he checked the pages of the book. He stuck his finger in the spot he had left off reading and looked up. He replied, “I suppose there is a reason you are here and don’t tell me it is to get me ‘civilized’ with your daughter.” He was smiling in his friendly manner.

Revan did her best to feign innocence, “Well we did come up to see you. Just a friendly social talk…”

“And either Bastilla or Juhani want me to pay a visit to the Temple for hero worship time,” Kirabaros finished for her, his eyes twinkling in amusement.

Revan traced a circle with the toe of her boot, “Well they didn’t quite put it like that.”

Kirabaros gave a slight roll of his eyes and shook his head. He started walking back towards the house. It was all he could do to prevent an exasperated sigh that would have hurt Revan’s feelings. He knew she was close to them and he respected their abilities but dammit the war was barely a year over and he still had younglings tripping over their robes just to meet him. He sighed as he walked away but stopping when he heard Revan.

Revan had anticipated his reaction and made ready to follow him. She called out, “Jacen,” using his former name, “I know that you feel it is showing off and believe me I felt the same way after Malak.”

Kirabaros had stopped completely by this time and turned to wait for Revan. His expression softened for he knew that she could relate to his feelings. He turned his amber eyes to lock onto her honey-colored ones. Gently he said, “Tell me then.”

Revan knew she had his attention and he would give it to her as long as she needed it. She continued, “You did what you had to do, the same thing that Carth and I had to; we did our duty. You were there at the end and you don’t feel a hero yet people see you that way. The Jedi see you as a supreme example of a Jedi, etc. It’s maddening I know but…”

“We do what we have to do even if we don’t like it,” Kirabaros finished for her, “I may not like it but the goal of knowledge is to share it, no?”

Revan grinned, “So you’ll go?”

“If I must,” Kirabaros returned the grin. He then turned to finish walking back tot eh house. He checked his book to make sure his place was held.

Revan checked the sigh of relief that threatened to spill. It was always hard to get him to visit the temple yet Bastilla always put her up to it. She watched as he checked his book. She said, “Must be a good book.”

Kirabaros raised a brow. “You read it?”

“Nope. Figured that it was something important since you dusted the cover off so carefully.”

“Just a book of stories.”

“I love a good story.”

Kirabaros chuckled. He knew that Revan could be persistent when she wanted. He knew that it was best to give her just enough to satisfy her curiosity otherwise she would pester him. Carth had warned him of that when he made the rookie mistake of not answering her question. Since then he had to be on his toes. He replied, “It’s a book of stories about my heritage, mainly about the mythical place of Miako. It is said that our code of honor came out of that land when the first Avalonians left that place and settled here and the Force was born.” Then seeing the look on Revan’s face he added, “Tulre brought me the book pointing at a picture and pointed at it. I told a story for his nap and took it out to read it through.”

“So you would teach your son fairy tales but not techniques to younglings?” Revan smiled at him as she teased him.

Kirabaros was ready for it, “It is called parenting. I believe it is something that you do yourself.” With his free hand he gave a pat to his midsection.

“Below the belt for you Jacen.” Revan wasn’t angry though. In fact she liked it when she had met her match in teasing and jokes. Carth was good but Jacen was better and wasn’t afraid to barely toe the line. He did it so well that no one was angry with him for long. Still she had to deal payback. She countered, “So I am guessing that part of parenting involves having dreams about children’s tales?”

“Let’s just say that the old lore masters know how to tell a good story.”

They had come to the back of the house where the kitchen was. The door was open and out toddling on his plump legs came Tulre. He raised his arms smiling and saying, “Up, Dada, up.”

Kirabaros smiled at his little son and swooped to pick him up. “And what is my little Kanamoto up to? Weren’t you to take a nap?”

Tulre just giggled and hugged his Dada around the neck. He stayed where he was as his father and Aunt Reva went inside. His mother met them holding little Lilah who was about ready to wail for her mother. Kirabaros grinned at the family moment, all thoughts of the strange dream passing from his mind.

It wasn’t until later when he was alone in the parlor that he turned his thoughts to it. It had seemed so real for a dream. He was wary of it since it was usually the Force at work when his other senses kicked in if it was a vision. It looked and felt like a vision but it wasn’t.

He sat in his favorite chair and stared at the fire. His gaze turned to the book he had been reading earlier and had fallen asleep with. He picked it up and shifted through the pages to where he had marked his spot. As he sifted through them, he thought about his son Tulre. He had long known the sensitivity of his son but he was too young to channel it properly. If he had been at the Temple, he would be learning how. Yet Kirabaros couldn’t let go of the nagging feeling that the Force was trying to speak to him through Tulre.

Ridiculous. They are just stories. Kirabaros wondered why a book of stories. He looked at the words on the page and the image of two warriors locked in combat and in the background was a symbol. He knew that symbol well. It was the symbol of Avalon. He sat there looking at it and for a moment it sounded as if he could hear the sounds of fighting.

The clock chimed the hour and Kirabaros looked at it. It was late but not too late for some reading. He turned his gaze back to the page and began to read where he left off. He thought of nothing else except the story.

JediMaster12 has requested a fanfic review for this thread.
JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > Star Wars: Realms of Honor