Thread: The Old Republic to save EA?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb The Old Republic to save EA?

While everyone is used to seeing the Star Wars galaxy saved on screen and in the games, could Star Wars be the one to save Electronic Arts? According to Cowen Group analyst Doug Creutz, EA has “missed the boat” this time around. This is because of the company’s recent inability to produce hit [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
jrrtoken

I hope this game fails just to punish EA for getting too overconfident. And of course for manufacturing sub-par and shovelware titles.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I hope this game fails just to punish EA for getting too overconfident. And of course for manufacturing sub-par and shovelware titles.
I hope the game dosent fail, but EA dies anyway, and Bioware continues making content.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
Web Rider

Last I looked, EA owned a good 2/3rds of the gaming market, and while not producing great games, owns and produces most of the generic major titles in gaming, such as every sports game known to consoles. Why does EA need saving?

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #5
TheRogueForums
Rookie

EA needs saving simply because they now own Bioware. I hope this game is successful enough to allow Bioware to re-assert themselves as an independent company.

TheRogueForums is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
jrrtoken

I suppose the government will issue a bailout to save the gaming industry.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
TheRogueForums
Rookie

Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to. I think the bail-outs are about to dry up, though.

TheRogueForums is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Hating EA is so '07. Get on with the times, update your boycott filters. Activision is the new EA.

Also, according to analyst Alegis from the Alegis Analyst Group, game analysts never have anything interesting to say.

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I still can't say I'm an EA fan, but I was glad to see them take more risks this year with Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, it's just too bad they didn't sell well at all.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #10
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
I don't think its too late to create a Old Republic game; however, I wonder if its too late to enter the MMO arena. Time is making the gamestyle stagnated and oldschool. Its arrival to the market may be too late. LucasArts' past games borrowed from previous styles; however, they seem to enter it when people are moving onward. Several people might approach this game as been there, done that. Will The Old Republic save EA? I don't have a clear guess. They will make some money off of it; however, I don't think anyone knows what the game market will look like at it's release.

I haven't played a MMO before; nevertheless, I'm getting a oldschool feeling from it's game style.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I suppose the government will issue a bailout to save the gaming industry.
I would laugh if that happened

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > The Old Republic to save EA?