lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Multiplayer?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Capisdead
Rookie

Multiplayer?

Apparently, over at mixnmajo.com, Brutal Legend is going to be at the Game Developer's Conference and that they may showcase some multiplayer there,

so the question of course is what type of multiplayer would you like to see? I for one would love it if there was some sort of co-op gameplay there.
Capisdead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Kroms
Moose fell on my head

They're going to show the art of the game, not multiplayer.

And I would love it if it were, well, "leading armies into brutal victory" against other armies? Or maybe as a co-op?
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Capisdead
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroms View Post
They're going to show the art of the game, not multiplayer.

And I would love it if it were, well, "leading armies into brutal victory" against other armies? Or maybe as a co-op?
You know Kroms, that idea, if fleshed out and balanced well, could be really cool.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I think co-op is very likely, as that's a really big thing on consoles right now. It'd also be the kind of thing that'd slot most easily into Brutal Legend's existing gameplay I imagine, and indeed perhaps they designed the game from start to finish around the concept of having two or more players thus explaining that old comment about getting a solid multiplayer in place right from the start.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Capisdead
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik View Post
I think co-op is very likely, as that's a really big thing on consoles right now. It'd also be the kind of thing that'd slot most easily into Brutal Legend's existing gameplay I imagine, and indeed perhaps they designed the game from start to finish around the concept of having two or more players thus explaining that old comment about getting a solid multiplayer in place right from the start.
Yeah, I definitely agree with the idea of co-op fitting in pretty easily for the game. Possibly, with one person being Eddie and the second person being the henchmen. Also, co-op is huge now with Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5 so it would make sense for Brutal Legend to have co-op as well.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Kroms
Moose fell on my head

Hmm.

Co-op online is interesting. Creating the ultimate rock show as roadies to fight-off hordes...

I've been playing L4D too much. Gah.

Thing is there's just so much potential here, I don't want to speculate without being thrown a bone by DF.
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Capisdead
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroms View Post
Hmm.

Co-op online is interesting. Creating the ultimate rock show as roadies to fight-off hordes...

I've been playing L4D too much. Gah.

Thing is there's just so much potential here, I don't want to speculate without being thrown a bone by DF.
Too much L4D or too much Gears 2, that mode sounds very much like a cooler version of Gears's Horde mode.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Du Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capisdead View Post
Yeah, I definitely agree with the idea of co-op fitting in pretty easily for the game. Possibly, with one person being Eddie and the second person being the henchmen. Also, co-op is huge now with Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5 so it would make sense for Brutal Legend to have co-op as well.
I hope it's a henchmen or a fellow dude, or at least gives you a choice of genders like in ObsCure. Nothing is more awkward after beating a co-op with your male friend than watching player-2's chick make out with your dude.
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Brutal Legend Discussion > Multiplayer?