lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Multiplayer?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Capisdead
Rookie
 
Capisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16
Multiplayer?

Apparently, over at mixnmajo.com, Brutal Legend is going to be at the Game Developer's Conference and that they may showcase some multiplayer there,

so the question of course is what type of multiplayer would you like to see? I for one would love it if there was some sort of co-op gameplay there.
Capisdead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Kroms
Moose fell on my head
 
Kroms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 697
They're going to show the art of the game, not multiplayer.

And I would love it if it were, well, "leading armies into brutal victory" against other armies? Or maybe as a co-op?
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Capisdead
Rookie
 
Capisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroms View Post
They're going to show the art of the game, not multiplayer.

And I would love it if it were, well, "leading armies into brutal victory" against other armies? Or maybe as a co-op?
You know Kroms, that idea, if fleshed out and balanced well, could be really cool.
Capisdead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling
 
Thrik's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 4,202
Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I think co-op is very likely, as that's a really big thing on consoles right now. It'd also be the kind of thing that'd slot most easily into Brutal Legend's existing gameplay I imagine, and indeed perhaps they designed the game from start to finish around the concept of having two or more players thus explaining that old comment about getting a solid multiplayer in place right from the start.


Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Capisdead
Rookie
 
Capisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik View Post
I think co-op is very likely, as that's a really big thing on consoles right now. It'd also be the kind of thing that'd slot most easily into Brutal Legend's existing gameplay I imagine, and indeed perhaps they designed the game from start to finish around the concept of having two or more players thus explaining that old comment about getting a solid multiplayer in place right from the start.
Yeah, I definitely agree with the idea of co-op fitting in pretty easily for the game. Possibly, with one person being Eddie and the second person being the henchmen. Also, co-op is huge now with Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5 so it would make sense for Brutal Legend to have co-op as well.
Capisdead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Kroms
Moose fell on my head
 
Kroms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 697
Hmm.

Co-op online is interesting. Creating the ultimate rock show as roadies to fight-off hordes...

I've been playing L4D too much. Gah.

Thing is there's just so much potential here, I don't want to speculate without being thrown a bone by DF.
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Capisdead
Rookie
 
Capisdead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroms View Post
Hmm.

Co-op online is interesting. Creating the ultimate rock show as roadies to fight-off hordes...

I've been playing L4D too much. Gah.

Thing is there's just so much potential here, I don't want to speculate without being thrown a bone by DF.
Too much L4D or too much Gears 2, that mode sounds very much like a cooler version of Gears's Horde mode.
Capisdead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Du Man
Junior Member
 
Du Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capisdead View Post
Yeah, I definitely agree with the idea of co-op fitting in pretty easily for the game. Possibly, with one person being Eddie and the second person being the henchmen. Also, co-op is huge now with Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5 so it would make sense for Brutal Legend to have co-op as well.
I hope it's a henchmen or a fellow dude, or at least gives you a choice of genders like in ObsCure. Nothing is more awkward after beating a co-op with your male friend than watching player-2's chick make out with your dude.
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Brutal Legend Discussion > Multiplayer?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.


LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.