lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Door Reskins
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Door Reskins

I'm having a problem getting the doors in Davik's Palace reskinned. The mdl and mdx file it used is named DOR_its09 and the texture is lts_lodor04.

I hex edited the mdl file and changed all mentions of lts to ans. Then I renamed the texture and mdx to have ans in it. But for some reason when ever I launch KOTOR and go to the module it is still the same door texture, yet all the other module textures changed as normal. Anyideas whats wrong?

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
Well I guess the UTD file still has the original appearance set, I can't remember how to add doors to the game though, assuming I knew once . I've had a hunt for a 2da file but I can't seem to find one, other than "doortypes.2da" which didn't seem to be what your looking for.

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovemaster View Post
Well I guess the UTD file still has the original appearance set, I can't remember how to add doors to the game though, assuming I knew once . I've had a hunt for a 2da file but I can't seem to find one, other than "doortypes.2da" which didn't seem to be what your looking for.
Well I just found that I had to edit the Genericdoors.2da then edit the utds. But now I can run strait through the doors....

Anyideas?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Exile007
Forumite

Current Game: Zelda Majora's Mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
Well I just found that I had to edit the Genericdoors.2da then edit the utds. But now I can run strait through the doors....

Anyideas?
Did you extract and edit all three of the door walkmeshes? If not then that is why.
Exile007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile007 View Post
Did you extract and edit all three of the door walkmeshes? If not then that is why.
I keep forgetting this is a whole new model, thought I already did that when I extracted all the others. Oh Well. Thanks, I shall get to work on that.

Edit: Hmm is there any way to tell which DWK goes to which door? there is no referance in the mdl filles.

EDIT2: Sorry RH Thought it was ok for updates.

Last edited by HK-42; 01-20-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Combining double post... no Double posts ok? ;)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Door Reskins