lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Amazing JK Academy SP Maps
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Amazing JK Academy SP Maps

There are some remarkable SP Maps and Map packs made over the years since JK was released and some continue to be made by members of the community that for lack of a better word are not only masters of the craft of modding but are indeed Artists of the highest quality. This thread will feature some of these, both past and recent. The first project i want to feature is a recent one by Mercenary and deserves to be considered one of the best, and I was very glad to see such fine quality work being carried out currently.

Updated July 2011

Eve of Redemption 1.1 41.890 MB
Mercenary
Thrilling Adventure in a Vast Planetary City
http://www.gamefront.com/files/13927...mption_1_1.zip

Custom Load Screen, Extensive Cut Scenes, Full voiced dialog, custom characters, Vast new custom settings, a first rate classic JKA Map of the highest quality.

This is a quest with a twist, for you (the main character) is working for the Imperials and is involved in dealing with the remants of the Cult of Ragnos as well. You have force powers and an agenda of your own. The settings are superb, some of the most beautiful I have seen created in a mod or map for either JKO or JKA, and the game play and the trials, foes and tests you must undergo make this a first class map in every way.

There are top quality cut scenes and full voice for the entire map, and the story is fully presented in the best continuation of the original game with a scrolling opening text, music that is totaly matched to the mood and a landing sequence on a vast planetary city planet that took my breath away.

you are led into the plot and introduced to the (your) character very well, and soon you are launched on the journey which takes you first to the huge sewer system underneath the city were you must navigate and find a path thru both foes and the intricate structures that make up that complex. The atmopshere of murky fog and huge streams of flowing water are made with consumate skill by Mercenary and he shows us that he has total mastery of the various effects and nuances of the game engine in every way. It is NOT an easy journey and your wits and skills will be tested along the way.

The full and fine quality of the main character and the cut scenes makes this a full continuation of the high quality of the original game for any, including me, who wished that the game had been longer. Here, in this map, you are back and can enjoy the same feeling of challenge, wonder and immersion in the Star Wars universe in all ways.

I want to point out that Mercenery made full use of the amazing lighting that is possible in this game, and the interiors and the displays, and signs of this world which are part of the feeling of being in a living urban space, are all created and installed with consumate skill and many of them are dynamic and truly add to the feeling of this remarkable map.

The vast vista of this huge urban complex dwarfs the player yet you will have to make your way far above the saftey of this level you emerge on.....

I am not going to say more, because i don't want to spoil the feelings and the intrigue that you will experience...let me just say i gained a few more gray hairs...but they were well worth it....

the sombre lighting and the excellently concieved and executed atmopshere of this vast city setting is the perfect environment for this story....and all the details and nuances are carried out with the hand and the eye of an artist.

The trials and tests and the challenges you must solve to complete the level will continue, and you must expect to be tested to the fullest extent. I can only say this was a delight to see and to play and to share with you, and I hope you have as much enjoyment with this very fine map as I did. I hear that Mercenery is working on a new project and I can't wait to see it.

Additional Maps by Mercenary

JKA:
Dash Render Resurgence JA Version 54.55 MB
http://www.gamefront.com/files/13211...resurgence_zip

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR

Last edited by CrisG; 07-19-2011 at 11:29 PM.
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Amazing JK Academy SP Maps