lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Making an item custom-character only?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Making an item custom-character only?

Is there any way to make an item able to be used only by a custom character? Would it by any chance work to make it only usable by the person the custom character replaces?
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Revnant
Rookie

I guess you could do that then just replace the text in the descriptions to edit it to the Character since it would be treated as that character. But i'm not much experienced in modding so someone else might expand on this or something wish I could be more help good luck.

HK-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Hk-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
I have made my own website and is in my details. I am still working on it so more will come in time for it.
Revnant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Malxados
Rookie

Also, although its a bit off-topic, could you assign a puppet to a custom character by assigning it to the slot it replaces?

EDIT: After reading Stoffe's tutorial again, I found that it indeed is assigned to the slot, which would assign it to whichever character was currently in that slot

Last edited by Malxados; 02-16-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Revnant
Rookie

Sorry if it was directed at me I have no idea but it might work. Though I have no clue about doing the puppets never did any kinda still fresh to modding and never tried to create a puppet.

HK-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Hk-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
I have made my own website and is in my details. I am still working on it so more will come in time for it.
Revnant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Malxados
Rookie

Nah, I wasn't really directing it at you. I was just directing it at anyone who could answer it.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Making an item custom-character only?