lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 13 Year Old Sussex Boy becomes Father
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #10
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderQ View Post
This problem is not exactly unusual, it seems to be happening everywhere, as Ztalker said, it is not (sadly) entirely unseen.
True enough, my friend.

So what is being done about it? Sure stuff happens but I mean, come on, seriously. We may be animals of a sort, however we will not die if depriving ourselves of it I would think.

I would hope we'd know better in general. We are a self aware sentient species, are we not?

Quote:
There were probably a number of obvious problems with this situation.
Ya think? I'm surprised their Jerry Springer equivalent isn't all over this...

Quote:
Still, feelings like what he had are in every person, it's just a matter of controlling these feelings to the right time, 13 is undeniably too young, but not everyone has absolute power over these feelings{not sure anyone does}.
True. Not everyone has absolute power, but, we damn well have the ability *most of the time*. You have feelings just like you have thoughts--you are *not* your thoughts and feelings. One more person says that we ARE and I'll rip my hair out. You can control them.

@ general thread
This is getting ridiculous. I don't care to debate on what levels or what type of sex ed is most effective/should be enforced, but it IS needed. Especially to prevent this sort of thing. Or else we might as well just be a bunch of rats having litters of up to 24 babies in our nests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Rider View Post
Studies have shown that girls are developing younger and younger, with a fair correlation to the chemicals in our food. It's not surprising that there would be an effect on boys as well. I remember I could "finish" the job when I was 12.
Whoa there, son. Damn. Watch where you point that thing.
Quote:
Really, human maturation rates are excessively slow in comparason to any animal in the world. We're treating younger and younger people with more responsibilities and more pressure, and I think that's adding to their younger development.
Hm. I'm interested. So, Really? Responsibility? Could have fooled me here in the U.S.A. I mean that if our performance educationally or occupationally is declining I would think we are not responsible enough. But that may be a debate for another thread.

Normally I would not ask you to provide a source, but as this is Kavar's, errm, would you mind doing us the honor? Regarding responsibilities, especially.
Doesn't have to be perfect, but I think that this is quite relevant.
Then whatever you can find on genetically engineered/chemically/hormonally treated food as a secondary.

It will be interesting to see what causes actually factored into this.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > 13 Year Old Sussex Boy becomes Father