lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: who would win Obi-Wan or Revan
Revan beats obi wan 35 57.38%
obi wan beats revan 27 44.26%
Stalemate 17 27.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

This idea poped in my head when i watched SWE3 (Star Wars Episode 3). Ok Obi-wan defeated the chosen one, so that mean he not so chosen anymore. Then i read some thread about how anikin could kill Revan, and i laughed at that cause anikin was defeated by his master, so can the heart of the force beat the master of the chosen one i belive that Revan would but i would also like obi wan to win but Revan was the leader of the five most feared sith lords in the old republic

Opition 1 Revan kills Obi-Wan

Opition 2 Obi-Wan kills Revan

Opition 3 it's a stalemate

Moved to Ahto as has nothing to do with modding - j7


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.

Last edited by jonathan7; 02-17-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Hawkstrong16
Junior Member
 
Hawkstrong16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 313
Either 2 or 3. Because Obi-Wan is a master swordsmen but then Revan is also a good swordsmen.

However Obi-Wan is older and has more experience. So in the end he would beat Revan.

Besides all the facts that prove Obi-Wan is a better swordsmen.....He is just a whole hell of a lot cooler!


Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature


May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may:
Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=
 
HK-42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unknown Regions
Posts: 2,040
Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Why is this in the holowan?

HK-42 is offline   you may:
Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
i sorta agree with you Camo-Man 07 but revan is the heart of the force.But you got a point obi- wan does has more expirence

hey HK_42 were is this suppost to be


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.

Last edited by mimartin; 08-18-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: merged double post
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=
 
HK-42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unknown Regions
Posts: 2,040
Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61
Probably

This has nothing to do with modding, so it shouldnt be here.

HK-42 is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
sorry i'll rember next time


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
Druganator
Junior Member
 
Druganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 403
Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
REvan would own Obi wan any day or time or place, Revan beat Yusanis, the greatest of the Echani, he beat Mandalore, he defeated Malak, not to mention the countless mandalorians and sith and republic troopers he slaughtered. obi wan killed a few droids, big deal, revan is the heart of the force obi wan would flail his lightsaber and revan would pick him up with the force and hurl him into space. no contest.


There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Hawkstrong16
Junior Member
 
Hawkstrong16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 313
Could you give us some facts there?

Revan may be the heart of the force(which I would like some detail on I've never heard the term before)

Obi-Wan beat Darth Mual, Anakin, and a few other lightsaber wielding baddies that I can't remember(been awhile since I read the books) Countless droids and clone troopers alike.

I still think it would be a pretty even match though.

Also there is that Four lightsaber wielding loser Grievous... Who he would have beaten a lot sooner had he not tried to run away, and Obi-wan was disarmed.


Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature


May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
Druganator
Junior Member
 
Druganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 403
Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
Maul was defeated because Obi wan used his anger, which he never used since,the reason grievous was so easy to beat was because he could not use the force and obi wan merely shot grievous while his organs were exposed. if he hadnt found that blaster he would have died. he beat anakin because anakin was an overzealous prick. the heart of the force means that if you were to look at revan using force sight you wouldnt see the light side or the dark side you would simply see the force in all its aspects and as powerful as any force wielder could be. Revan didnt rely on one side or the other he used the force in its entirety, obi wan however simply used the light side. i agree that Obi wan was a formidable duelist in his time but if you played TSL then you would know that revan was nothing compared to the ancient duelists so therefore anyone from Obi wans time would be like a child in comparison to anyone from revans time. The lightsaber form that obi wan used was only good for defense against other lightsaber forms of his time. Revan never lost a lightsaber duel in his entire life. he was defeated by cannon fire from his apprentices ship after he had beaten a squad of jedi including bastilla. Obi wan lost to dooku twice.


There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #10
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo
 
Arcesious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NE
Posts: 1,876
Current Game: Mass Effect
Kenobi is very skilled in the Soresu lightsaber form. He would merely have to stay on the the defensive against Revan until Revan got tired, then Kenobi could defeat him.


Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
Druganator
Junior Member
 
Druganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 403
Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
I'm fairly sure that revan would simply need to use the force to beat kenobi if his lightsaber mastery failed him. and that is a huge if.


There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
Revnant
Rookie
 
Revnant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52
One poll that would be good to talk about is if Revan and Galen went at it.


HK-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Hk-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
I have made my own website and is in my details. I am still working on it so more will come in time for it.
Revnant is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
Druganator
Junior Member
 
Druganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 403
Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
that would be pretty interesting. im still pretty sure Revan would win based on the whole time deal. maybe if galen fought obi-wan. that would be a good fight


There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Ulmont
Junior Member
 
Ulmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth (Fight for her)
Posts: 383
Current Game: Natural Selection 2
Veteran Fan Artist Veteran Modder Helpful! 
What setting would this be in...? 'Cause if this is a harsh enviroment, Reven's just one force-push/rip off evo-suit away from victory...



Ulmont is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #15
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revnant View Post
One poll that would be good to talk about is if Revan and Galen went at it.
yeah, that would be cool to read. i think it would be a stalemate, i may do something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druganator View Post
that would be pretty interesting. im still pretty sure Revan would win based on the whole time deal. maybe if galen fought obi-wan. that would be a good fight
i think galen would win the fight


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.

Last edited by mimartin; 08-18-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: merged double post
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #16
SpartanPride
Rookie
 
SpartanPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 176
Couldn't Revan just force wave Obi-Wan to death?

That's what I did to every other enemy in KoTOR.


Don't let people make you feel stupid for being yourself; do what you love to do and what you think is cool.
SpartanPride is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #17
Druganator
Junior Member
 
Druganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 403
Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanPride View Post
Couldn't Revan just force wave Obi-Wan to death?

That's what I did to every other enemy in KoTOR.
hahaha yea dude that's probably all it would take hahaha god that's so true about kotor. and yea I think Galen would beat kenobi as well but I think kenobi would last longer against him.


There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
xViiViD
Rookie
 
xViiViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 75
Current Game: Modern Warfare 2
galen would probly destroy obi-wan because he was like one of the most powerful force users ever...starkiller and revan on the otherhand could be a good fight.
xViiViD is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #19
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Revan vs. Obi Wan? Hmm...

1) Obi Wan beat Anakin. Big deal, a blind chicken can beat Anakin. Okay, but seriously, Anakin was not all that great. Granted he, like Galen Marek and Cade Skywalker, was way overpowered in terms of Force Power, but he was stuck as a Guardian, the type of Jedi that focuses the least in utilizing the power of the Force. His power made him a very strong in Shien/Djem So, but he lacked skill, awareness, and frankly intelligence (you have to admit that "You underestimate my power" and trying to jump over Kenobi thing was really stupid). Obi Wan had all of that and was one of the best Soreshu practitioners of his time. So saying that he beat Anakin is no big deal.
2) Revan is the Heart of the Force. That's just a term Kreia used to describe him. He is however the most likely candidate for Sith'ari (a lot of people say Bane, but Bane simply followed Revan's path), and was probably close to Anakin's power level. Combine that with his dueling prowess (beat Yusanis, Mandalore, Malak, Bastila (no challenge there though ), and Bandon) and he's already more than a match.
3) Revan was a brilliant tactician. Understatement. There has been only one human to completely control the galaxy: Palpatine. How did he do it? Force Persuade. As brilliant an act this is, he never conquered the galaxy. Few have come close, and Revan was the closest. I have no doubt that if Malak had never betrayed him, Revan would have easily conquered the Galaxy in less than a year.

Result: Revan wins. Obi Wan rocks, but Revan rocks even more.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #20
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Revan vs. Obi Wan? Hmm...

1) Obi Wan beat Anakin. Big deal, a blind chicken can beat Anakin. Okay, but seriously, Anakin was not all that great. Granted he, like Galen Marek and Cade Skywalker, was way overpowered in terms of Force Power, but he was stuck as a Guardian, the type of Jedi that focuses the least in utilizing the power of the Force. His power made him a very strong in Shien/Djem So, but he lacked skill, awareness, and frankly intelligence (you have to admit that "You underestimate my power" and trying to jump over Kenobi thing was really stupid). Obi Wan had all of that and was one of the best Soreshu practitioners of his time. So saying that he beat Anakin is no big deal.
2) Revan is the Heart of the Force. That's just a term Kreia used to describe him. He is however the most likely candidate for Sith'ari (a lot of people say Bane, but Bane simply followed Revan's path), and was probably close to Anakin's power level. Combine that with his dueling prowess (beat Yusanis, Mandalore, Malak, Bastila (no challenge there though ), and Bandon) and he's already more than a match.
3) Revan was a brilliant tactician. Understatement. There has been only one human to completely control the galaxy: Palpatine. How did he do it? Force Persuade. As brilliant an act this is, he never conquered the galaxy. Few have come close, and Revan was the closest. I have no doubt that if Malak had never betrayed him, Revan would have easily conquered the Galaxy in less than a year.

Result: Revan wins. Obi Wan rocks, but Revan rocks even more.
I agree with you Lord of Hunger about revan being the sith'ari. i don't no why everybody thinks that it is bane


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #21
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
There would never be a situation like this anyways....

Obi-Wan would own though

Rev7 is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #22
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
@ Lord of Destruction: No idea. Bane accomplished two things alone:

1) Killed off the Brotherhood of Darkness (or rather the Brotherhood of Emo according to Uncyclopedia ).
2) Rebuilt the Sith Order using Revan's teachings.

To be honest, my assessment of Revan is that there is only one person who could have defeated Revan: Nihilus. Why? Because only another Force Vampire (the Exile) could defeat Nihilus simply based on his nature.

@ Rev7:

Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
@ Rev7:

Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.
I think the number one reasoning we need in this thread is how Revan and Obi-Wan are supposed to meet and find a suitable cause to fight in the first place.


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #24
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 


Anyone care to argue?

On a more serious note, I'd pull for Obi.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #25
Canderis
Mercenary
 
Canderis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Unknown
Posts: 2,510
Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
@ Lord of Destruction: No idea. Bane accomplished two things alone:

1) Killed off the Brotherhood of Darkness (or rather the Brotherhood of Emo according to Uncyclopedia ).
2) Rebuilt the Sith Order using Revan's teachings.

To be honest, my assessment of Revan is that there is only one person who could have defeated Revan: Nihilus. Why? Because only another Force Vampire (the Exile) could defeat Nihilus simply based on his nature.

@ Rev7:

Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.
The sith'ari is a repeating cycle like the chosen one. Anakin was, and Revan where both chosen ones. Revan, Vader, and Bane where all sith'ari.

"Prophcy, misread could have been"~yoda




Canderis is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #26
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,267
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Revan beats Obi-Wan. Seriously, I am sick of everyone trying to make Obi-wan out to be this unbeatable jesus christ like guy.

I'd say it would be a close hard battle. Since revan ended up on the light side, he doesn't really have the disadvantages anakin did.

------

Kenobi may have been a master sword duelist, but keep in mind that his was also during a time where serious lightsaber to lightsaber combat was a rarity. Moreover enegry resistant/proof metals armors and melee weaponry were probably restricted and watched closely--hence also an extreme rarity. Shields of significant power, a super rarity too.

I suspect if what kreia said is true of sith like tulak hord--kenobi would be sliced pizza in 5 seconds.

He was powerful, but not as powerful as some who could have and would have killed him.

Also, maul and greivous were arrogant. Greivous was an idiot on top of that.
They could both have killed him at critical points but made noob ish errors instead.

Anakin was powerful but conflicted and clouded. There are so many who would have killed him had the cloak of destiny not protected him.

Kenobi's @$$ needed bailing out several times so don't even go there that he wasn't reckless in spite of his brains.

Master tactician? Sure. But even that cannot always be utilized. Since this is theoretical and could be subjectively spun any way... that doesn't add up to being very much here.
--------------------
Revan...ok he had both practical experience and jedi experience. However, even at an accellerated learning to application rate, his time here with it was only so much.

He may have mastered more in 5+ years than he ever did before that, but even so, there were others who *might* (not definitively) have bested him.
Also, we will never know exactly what could have been achieved had all those years been un-interrupted.

Lackeys were better. Possibly more dangerous. None as high stature.
However jedi and jedi masters as well as dark jedi and sith were not often encountered. Possibly not all as powerful--or more powerful.

The KOTOR period essentially were such that those strong in the force needed to be more well balanced as necessity to survive. Those with practical experience as well as force were probably some of the ultimate combatants.

Revan was a great general and tactician and sith lord, yet even still he turned a blind eye to his apprentice's growing ambition. Again tactical knowledge can only help so much and there is any number of ways.

He was a master swordsman, especially in times where serious dueling was common, but some of the forms didn't have certain revisions back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Destruction View Post
I agree with you Lord of Hunger about revan being the sith'ari. i don't no why everybody thinks that it is bane
Take this for what you will. I've read the novels, stories and comics on Darth Bane. Here is a rundown of Bane's abilities:

Lifetime of driving anger/dislike.

Bane learned from holocrons of Revan, freedon nadd, and belia darzu. Kept the library of sith master quordis, Great knowledge of the dark side upon which to form the foundation of his sith order.

He was tremedously powerful. Learned all sorts of dark side powers and used them to great effect. Storm, drain, choke, crush, I wouldn't doubt mind tricks and the like, probably general universal powers too.

Accellerated learning ability similar to Revan and The Exile.

Was cunning and subtle. Very sly and deceptive. Very clever.

Political manipulation form afar on the republic. (How ironic--the galaxy at peace and yet still in the palm of the sith) Good sources for information and kept himself under an alias, he spied on the republic. As I am sure his successors did, too.

Bane learned all the saber defense/attack sequences quite well--enough so that his ex master Kas'im, a blademaster no less, could not change forms effectively against him with a double bladed variant. He made master proficiency over djem so and soresu forms, and knew the basics of all others. Used a single curved hilt variant himself. Learned the 2 single blade variant to a lesser degree. As above knew the double bladed though he never used it. Taught it to Zannah. Though not the most refined, he managed to survive a Juyo lightasber assault thrown at him although he never fully encountered it before. Consequently that form was picked up--thus became a practitioner of it. Evidenced 10 years later, he went into bloodlust and used it to kill multiple foes.

Good at least on street brawling/fighting tactics as he did it his whole life.
In his time as a sith soldier, he outwitted the republic army and turned the tide of a particular battle that bought the sith time on the whole, some aptitude for military tactics.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #27
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
@ Rev7:

Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.
Whoa there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
There would never be a situation like this anyways....
I think the number one reasoning we need in this thread is how Revan and Obi-Wan are supposed to meet and find a suitable cause to fight in the first place.
My point being

*sigh*

These threads....

Rev7 is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #28
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Whoa there....


My point being

*sigh*

These threads....
god, fine Revan gets sent in a wormhole. i don't know why they would want to fight, but they just do

PS. Revan can use both force power light and dark, and the reason i'm saying this is because he was the lord of the sith


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #29
CommanderQ
I should go.
 
CommanderQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,630
Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I believe Obi-Wan would win for this reason, as why all cool and awesome heroes win..



...HIS BEARD OF AWESOMENESS!!!!

Other than that, I would say that it would be a stalemate. Revan may have destroyed a Star Forge, but Obi-Wan turned into a blue ghost and didn't die...so, that's an example....oy....


you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #30
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Revan isn't the Heart of the Force, that's just a description Kreia uses.


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 02:56 AM   #31
Kj°len
Resident Polak
 
Kj°len's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,916
Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
@ Lord of Destruction: No idea. Bane accomplished two things alone:

1) Killed off the Brotherhood of Darkness (or rather the Brotherhood of Emo according to Uncyclopedia ).
2) Rebuilt the Sith Order using Revan's teachings.
The definition of the Sith'ari is someone who will

1) Destroy the Sith
2) In doing so, make them more powerful than ever

Bane seems to be doing pretty well in that sense. Sure, both Revan and Vader did those things, but in the wrong order. And Vader was definitely not free of restrictions. His armor restricted the use of his power far to much, and before his injury he knew nothing of Sith teachings. The Chosen One was Anakin, no doubt, if you read Lucas's explanations. Anakin destroyed the remaining Sith when he killed Palpatine and came back to the light, bringing an end to Bane's order and the true Sith lineage. Every Sith afterwards was simply taking the title. The Sith order following RotJ would have been considered heretical to Darth Bane and Darth Andeddu, the first known user of the "Darth" title. A lot of the knowledge of the Sith died with Palpatine. Lumiya and Krayt were merely dark side philosophers in comparison. Revan couldn't have been the Chosen One because, though he destroyed the Dark Lords of the Sith, there were still some regular Sith Lords that carried the "Darth" title to pass it in, including (but not limited to) Nihilius, Sion, and Traya.


"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 03:06 AM   #32
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kj°len View Post
The definition of the Sith'ari is someone who will

1) Destroy the Sith
2) In doing so, make them more powerful than ever

Bane seems to be doing pretty well in that sense. Sure, both Revan and Vader did those things, but in the wrong order. And Vader was definitely not free of restrictions. His armor restricted the use of his power far to much, and before his injury he knew nothing of Sith teachings. The Chosen One was Anakin, no doubt, if you read Lucas's explanations. Anakin destroyed the remaining Sith when he killed Palpatine and came back to the light, bringing an end to Bane's order and the true Sith lineage. Every Sith afterwards was simply taking the title. The Sith order following RotJ would have been considered heretical to Darth Bane and Darth Andeddu, the first known user of the "Darth" title. A lot of the knowledge of the Sith died with Palpatine. Lumiya and Krayt were merely dark side philosophers in comparison. Revan couldn't have been the Chosen One because, though he destroyed the Dark Lords of the Sith, there were still some regular Sith Lords that carried the "Darth" title to pass it in, including (but not limited to) Nihilius, Sion, and Traya.
Revan was the leader of the lords of malachor


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 03:21 AM   #33
Kj°len
Resident Polak
 
Kj°len's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,916
Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Destruction View Post
Revan was the leader of the lords of malachor
Uh, huh. From what is this derived? And what would this imply if he was? Or was that simply an idle comment?


"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #34
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Destruction View Post
god, fine Revan gets sent in a wormhole. i don't know why they would want to fight, but they just do

PS. Revan can use both force power light and dark, and the reason i'm saying this is because he was the lord of the sith
Cause has a lot to do with a fight, you know. Obi-Wan could have killed Anakin at Mustafar, but he didn't, because he had had a mentor-student relationship with Anakin and could not just deliver a killing blow. Similarly, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fought Darth Maul very cautiously, but when Qui-Gon was killed, Obi-Wan gave into his anger to attack Maul, as can be seen by his newly aggressive styles.

Fighting isn't just about who is "more powerful", except in Dragonball Z.


"The boy has a very high midichlorian count."
"Mmm, see this, I must."
...
...
"OVER 9000, IT IS!!!!!!!"


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #35
Admiral_Thrawn
Junior Member
 
Admiral_Thrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 323
Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Revan vs. Obi Wan? Hmm...

1) Obi Wan beat Anakin. Big deal, a blind chicken can beat Anakin. Okay, but seriously, Anakin was not all that great. Granted he, like Galen Marek and Cade Skywalker, was way overpowered in terms of Force Power, but he was stuck as a Guardian, the type of Jedi that focuses the least in utilizing the power of the Force. His power made him a very strong in Shien/Djem So, but he lacked skill, awareness, and frankly intelligence (you have to admit that "You underestimate my power" and trying to jump over Kenobi thing was really stupid). Obi Wan had all of that and was one of the best Soreshu practitioners of his time. So saying that he beat Anakin is no big deal.
2) Revan is the Heart of the Force. That's just a term Kreia used to describe him. He is however the most likely candidate for Sith'ari (a lot of people say Bane, but Bane simply followed Revan's path), and was probably close to Anakin's power level. Combine that with his dueling prowess (beat Yusanis, Mandalore, Malak, Bastila (no challenge there though ), and Bandon) and he's already more than a match.
3) Revan was a brilliant tactician. Understatement. There has been only one human to completely control the galaxy: Palpatine. How did he do it? Force Persuade. As brilliant an act this is, he never conquered the galaxy. Few have come close, and Revan was the closest. I have no doubt that if Malak had never betrayed him, Revan would have easily conquered the Galaxy in less than a year.

Result: Revan wins. Obi Wan rocks, but Revan rocks even more.
Look, he never intended to conquer the galaxy in the first place. He turned to the dark side to prevent a greater evil, the True Sith, from conquering the galaxy. He deliberately avoided stronghold worlds, knowing full well that they were capable of defending themselves. He used the Star Forge as a factory not out of ignorance of its true powers, but out of wit. He knew that if he drew upon it as the Rakata had he would be consumed by it.

He used it as a factory to manafacture a fleet, a fleet that could protect the galaxy from the True Sith. In fact, this does leave open one thing for debate. If Revan was not corrupted by either the Star Forge, Korriban nor Malachor V then how powerful was his resolve? To resist such power would require great strength of will, which translates into force ability.

Revan was, by all defenitions, a brilliant duelist, a great leader, a master tactician and a force wielder unmatched by anyone else. He knew both sides of the force and sides never before seen. He had power that dwarfed that of any other and his resolve was impossible to break.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Obi-Wan was a good commander, a formidable duelist and famed Jedi knight. But the only reason he seems to be more powerful that other Jedi of his time is because hes the only one we fully see in action. They display him simply because hes important in a plotline of the films, not because hes a immensely powerful Jedi.

Darth Maul was defeated because Obi-Wan drew upon his anger, as someone else stated. Grievous, though lethal, was deft to the force and Obi-Wan simply defeated him by using his own lightsaber style against him. Anakin was trainedby Obi-Wan, after raising the boy for twenty years you generally would learn his preferred style, his tactics. Anakin oft' wielded his anger in combat, as displayed against Count Dooku. Kenobi likely used his memories from that encounter against Anakin, ultimately sealing the young Sith's defeat.

Any Jedi on the council was as powerful as Kenobi, any of them. You could say that he survived Order 66. So what? That was by circumstance, for when you have twenty blasters directly behind you . . . well lets just say you dont really have a chance. He got shot down from a cliff-face, missed the cliff face and used breath control to survive underwater. I don't see how the use of only one of his abilities makes him powerful.

All in all I think Obi-Wan is overrated, as is Revan. Revan would be formidable in modern Star Wars because of how powerful people became back then. But by the film timeline to be a master in the force is to know how to jump two metres high. All in all I think, I know, Revan would win. Obi-Wan is just a average Jedi, in a age where Lightsaber-to-Lightsaber combat was rare and powerful force abilities of the past were lost. I don't really need to go on to convince you guys do I?


Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"Butů it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 04:00 AM   #36
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger
Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #37
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Revan beats Obi-Wan. Seriously, I am sick of everyone trying to make Obi-wan out to be this unbeatable jesus christ like guy.
Umm, if anything, people make Revan out to be far more than he ever was. Much more so than Obi-Wan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger
Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.
I've seen far too many of these threads to know there's no point reasoning with Revan fanboys.

Obi-Wan wins because he's not a Mary-Sue.






Astor is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #38
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
Force grip > Obi Wan.
And force grip is one of those things we know Revan could do (ie, it doesn't depend on what you skill)

So unless Revan is less able than Dooku when it comes to force powers, Revan wins.

Edit: If Revan cannot perform force grip due to him being a narrow-minded Jedi than I don't think we can tell. Though Kotor portrays Revan certainly more powerful than Star Wars portrays Obi.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #39
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
They would fight for all eternity until one of them died of extreme old age.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #40
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
New poll:
who will live longer Obi-Wan or Revan
1. Obi-Wan
2. Revan
3. both die ta same time


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tags
anikin, obi-wan, revan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.