lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: who would win Obi-Wan or Revan
Revan beats obi wan 35 57.38%
obi wan beats revan 27 44.26%
Stalemate 17 27.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #41
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
"Who will live longer" is basically the same as saying "Who will die first" which is the same as "who would win."

Unless you mean in survival years. Obi-wan died when he was about 52ish. Revan was, I can't say for sure, 30ish? If whatever happened to him in the Unknown Regions doesn't kill him, he might live longer than Obi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
They would fight for all eternity until one of them died of extreme old age.
Well, I've got my vote on Obi-wan, since he Was born about 3,500 years after Revan likely died.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *

Last edited by Kj°len; 02-18-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Kj°len is offline   you may:
Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #42
Lord of Destruction
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kj°len View Post
Uh, huh. From what is this derived? And what would this imply if he was? Or was that simply an idle comment?
i actuley have the book that say that, but not in those words as soon as i find i'll tell you the exact words, but i do remeber is that Darth Traya was a servant to Darth Revan, and Darth Traya recutied Nihlus, and sion

Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may:
Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #43
mattig89ch

To be honest, I think it would be amazing if Revan would show up during episode 3, and pwn the emporer.

I hate the idea that the sith are slinking around in the shadows like a cowards. I would make the galaxy fear me!

Behold, I am the dark lord (insert desired name here)! Bow before my awesome might, or face the toucher of a thousand deaths!

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may:
Old 02-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #44
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post
To be honest, I think it would be amazing if Revan would show up during episode 3, and pwn the emporer.

I hate the idea that the sith are slinking around in the shadows like a cowards. I would make the galaxy fear me!

Behold, I am the dark lord (insert desired name here)! Bow before my awesome might, or face the toucher of a thousand deaths!
Subtly and cunning is the way of the Sith. Honor is a chain that binds you. Remember: Through victory my chains are broken.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

Old 02-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #45
Lord of Destruction
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post

your right the sith in 1-6 are wusses for doing it in the shadows

Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #46
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Darth Bane would be disgusted with you people.

―Kj°len

Old 02-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #47
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjølen View Post
Darth Bane would be disgusted with you people.
Agreed.

The Sith went into hiding by necessity - they'd been all but wiped out by Lord Hoth's Army of Light - they wouldn't have stood a chance in open conflict with the Jedi Order.

So, they waited and watched, pulling the strings until finally, one of them would achieve the power they had long sought. They got much further through deception and 'sneaking' than they ever did through open conflict.

Astor is offline   you may:
Old 02-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #48
Kj°len
Resident Polak

All those illusions, honor, glamor, nobility, flashiness, are weaknesses that plagued the Sith until Darth Bath's reform through blood. What's the use of these things if you're dead?

―Kj°len

Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #49
Lord of Destruction
Rookie

ok u got a point

Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #50
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
Agreed.

The Sith went into hiding by necessity - they'd been all but wiped out by Lord Hoth's Army of Light - they wouldn't have stood a chance in open conflict with the Jedi Order.
I thought the Sith nearly wiped themselves out in the Lord Hoth situation, with only Darth Bane and his apprentice the only survivors {something fishy in that situation} Of course, that incident did provoke the "only two" Sith law.

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may:
Old 02-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #51
mattig89ch

I'm not saying the emporer wasn't smart about how he got into power, but it irks me to think of a sith as someone who hides in the shadows.

Besides, I think the sith are the 'common enemy' of the republic. They are the guys that everyone fights against, so they don't fight each other. This keeps the republic alive, otherwise there would be civil war.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber

Last edited by mattig89ch; 02-19-2009 at 04:41 PM.
mattig89ch is offline   you may:
Old 02-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #52
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
voted for all 3 options

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 AM   #53
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
i actually voted in this thread

Obi wins.

Kuuki is offline   you may:
Old 02-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #54
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Da Kookee View Post
i actually voted in this thread

Obi wins.
HEY! That's my picture!! Grr!!

Either way...OBI ROCKS!!

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may:
Old 02-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #55
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
Obi wan was one of the greatest duelists OF HIS TIME. no offense to Obi-wan but Malak could probably beat him. its the simple fact that there is so much lost after thousands of years. just like if a swordsman from today fought a roman legionnaire i think todays would lose. obi wan could use about 3 force powers. jump, push, and probably somethin else. there arent many powers known to any force users in his day. light side guys have push and jump dark side guys have push jump and lightning. and if u watched the yoda and palpatine fight..... dark side push is far superior. sooo im fairly sure that revan would simply pick obi wan up and crush him with the force to save himself the effort of turning on his lightsaber and completely destroying obi wan. i think obi wan could pwn most people in his day aside from dooku and palpatine since he lost to dooku twice and yoda couldnt even beat palpatine.

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may:
Old 02-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #56
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

or how about:

Raven vs AT4 Squirrel!!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #57
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Da Kookee View Post
Raven
XD!

"Women are like sunsetsů theyĺre beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may:
Old 02-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #58
Lord of Destruction
Rookie

ok all the force powers i've seen Kenobi use is jump, sence, heal, push, and pull

Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #59
alphadrago5
Lurker

Revans way better than obi-wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong16 View Post
Either 2 or 3. Because Obi-Wan is a master swordsmen but then Revan is also a good swordsmen.

However Obi-Wan is older and has more experience. So in the end he would beat Revan.

Besides all the facts that prove Obi-Wan is a better swordsmen.....He is just a whole hell of a lot cooler!
---------------
ALL of that makes no sense at all. Revan mastered both lightside and darkside of the force since he was a sith lord and brought the republic to the brink of destruction only to save it later. Also how could obi-wan possibly be older than revan!!!!!???????? Revan was alive thousands of years before obi-wan and may have still been alive at the time (he was in the force unleashed) so he had way more experience and he also defeated the mandalorians which if you put in the same room with obi-wan, i doubt he would live more than 5 minutes considering in one of the episodes of the show, he would have died without help. Also where did you get that obi-wan is the greatest swordsman ever thats just your opinion. That and Revan was the greatest duelist on Taris even before he had his force powers returned to him so that would make him a lot better than obi-wan. Also if you read the books, Darth bane used a thought bomb force ritual that revan created to destroy the brotherhood of shadow and some jedi in order to cleanse it and remake it following the rule of two. And have you seen the way revan dresses at all!!!!!!! He is way cooler than obi-wan

Last edited by alphadrago5; 07-11-2010 at 09:40 AM.
alphadrago5 is offline   you may:
Old 07-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #60
Seikan

Well, Mace windu is better than obi wan with a lightsaber... more experience... hmmm the experience don't come from the age, but from the "experiences", and Revan was a jedi during a time of war, he became general, beat the mandalorians, killing some of the greatest duelist of the time (Mandalore the Ultimate, Yusanis, Malak later), after this he was on the jedi civil war, which means many battles between force users, so a good training into lightsaber duels.

He mastered the light and dark side of the force, learned ancient sith powers, like kreia said "it was like stare at the heart of the force", so i'm not claiming Revan would win, but he have all his chances, but well it's impossible to say clearly who would win, for example obi wan has beaten Darth Maul, but Dath Maul was better during the fight, etc... so the battles never end exactly the same, so Revan could win once, and obi wan the other fight, etc... but if we have to choose one who would have more chances to win I would say revan. For me it would be like comparing one of the greatest samurais, against a kendoka of our time, who might be very good, but can't really be compared against a true samurai, at times of war etc...

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may:
Old 07-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #61
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
old (stupid) thread duders

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 07-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #62
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

zombie thread apocalypse! Ruuuuuuuuunnnn!!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #63
mstr kenobi
Rookie

the kotor series paint Revan as someone powerfull enough to change the destiny of the galaxy, only Palps and the Skywalkers qualify, then again, Obi beat the chosen one...

Obi is cooler though!!!!!
mstr kenobi is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 AM   #64
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Anakin/Vader was also conflicted and not 100% resolute. Kenobi was a master of a lightsaber form in a time where saber duels were rare. He almost got cleaved in two by a decidedly anachorist swordsman the first time, he got caught off guard and pwned by powers the second time. Though far from a slouch, Dooku was by no means the best jedi or sith.

Revan is overhyped, but his swordsmanship mastery was in a time where saber duels was a common thing. His powers were more diverse (which means improvisation), even if he wasn't the most powerful ever. Would not have the same issues Anakin did.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #65
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Obi-Wan. Because he was not a Mary Sue like Revan.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is online now   you may:
Old 07-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #66
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Obi-Wan. Because he was not a Mary Sue like Revan.
^This.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may:
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #67
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Personally I think Revan would have the edge, because he was tatically brilliant, and wouldn't make the mistake of attacking from the low ground (or at least would do it more gracefully...) and could actually get the high ground. Anakin was too full of blind rage to not jump at him

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may:
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #68
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
If Revan was tactically brilliant, he'd nuke the entire vicinity of a guy like Obi-Wan.

Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 07-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #69
True_Avery
Banned

Revan would get ready to fight Obi-wan, but then remember about the true threat and disappear to never be seen or heard from again.

And... Scene.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #70
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
I'm going to have to go with Obi-Wan, not only because he's not a Mary Sue like Revan, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that while Mace's 4-man team went after Palpatine, Kit Fisto remarked he'd feel more comfortable if Obi-Wan was with them. Given, he was probably underestimating Palpy, but it still shows how respected and powerful Obi was.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tags
anikin, obi-wan, revan