lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Release Day / The Day of Adumbration
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #41
LordJhredmo
Rookie

Current Game: Battlefront II
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
Yeah, the forums almost came alive for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech View Post
Haven't got much more to add than to agree with M@rs' statement! :P
Apart from the usual "down with EA rhetoric" as a hardcore Command And Conquer fan. Anyway, I'm sure that LA know what they're doing, I just hope that they can produce a product that doesn't disappoint, that's really what it's all about.
There's a paradox in that sentence, considering what the did to SWBF2.
It's a paradox within a pyramid, now.

Anyway, thank you, CommanderQ. I'm glad to be here.

Thanks, bokken. It's nice to know you're appreciated sometimes. I hope to continue the liveliness, but I doubt that'll take much work. This is a very fine community and I look forward to being an active member of it.

G'day, all.
-Evix

R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #42
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
This is why I like new members! They bring life! We were running out of topics...
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #43
LordJhredmo
Rookie

And so continues the layers of compliments. Thank you, Master Plo.

R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Old 03-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #44
Nietzsche's God
Rookie

Sorry for taking long to response your generous post. Some people have to work for a living

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
What you're saying makes a lot of sense, and you're right. The vampire health should be more of a drawback than advantage, though. I think this would best be done by nerfing health/damage by a lot. Then regaining health is more of a challenge. Also, that's how heroes spawn. They're both timed to come at the same time, it just depends on how long it takes the awarded player to accept it.
You failed to forget that the settings can be altered where the player with the lowest score can be awarded the heroes. To me, I find that fair to players who are not as good as other players, and it give them the chance to actually have some kills. Nothing wrong with noobs getting the advantages once in awhile. lol

Quote:
In the end, I agree with you on keeping vampire health, actually, but there should be no 1-2 hit kills whatsoever. Heroes' stats should reflect that they can't just kill everyone, and when they fight, they can die. The only way they die in BFII, right now, is if they've killed everyone in an area and their life runs out before finding new victims. That's not very fun for anyone, especially for balance.
In the movie, comic books, and the cartoons story lines are all pretty much the same when regarding the saber being the best weapon in combat. You know, they are laser control swords and all. And that to me strike as true to the storyline of the Star Wars Universe. The only grievence i have is the saber-throw. How many times in any stories of Star Wars that had Jedis or Sith lords throwing sabers like a boomerang? Quite rediculous to me I think.

So i think it is realistic in the spirit of Star Wars that heroes can have the ability to kill enemy combatants with one or two hit kills with the swords.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear you're unscathed. Unfortunately, my home internet is out (which I'm working on restoring in a week or so), but call me on Xfire and we'll hop on a server together once I'm back.
Unfortunately for you, I have given it away to a dear buddy of mine. Which today I found out he sold it for an eighth of an ounce of weed. Rofl.

I might go to Best Buy and get another one. It is only 20 bucks I think.

----------
Nietzsche's God is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #45
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon View Post
This is why I like new members! They bring life! We were running out of topics...
Unfortunately up until about a month ago most were just people coming to sign a useless online petition or people who would rez a year old topic than disapear for all eternity. And before that... well we'll just leave out the Tyrone affair and the dark ages of this board.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #46
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche's God View Post
he only grievance i have is the saber-throw. How many times in any stories of Star Wars that had Jedi's or Sith Lords throwing sabers like a boomerang? Quite ridiculous to me I think.
I think it was intended as force push the saber, force pull the saber, or something.

Quote:
So i think it is realistic in the spirit of Star Wars that heroes can have the ability to kill enemy combatants with one or two hit kills with the swords.
If you put it that way, then a laser shot should probably kill someone in more than 8 hits, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #47
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:

It however is not SW realistic that they can take more damage than a tank and vampire health off enemies.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #48
LordJhredmo
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry for taking long to response your generous post. Some people have to work for a living

You failed to forget that the settings can be altered where the player with the lowest score can be awarded the heroes. To me, I find that fair to players who are not as good as other players, and it give them the chance to actually have some kills. Nothing wrong with noobs getting the advantages once in awhile. lol

In the movie, comic books, and the cartoons story lines are all pretty much the same when regarding the saber being the best weapon in combat. You know, they are laser control swords and all. And that to me strike as true to the storyline of the Star Wars Universe. The only grievence i have is the saber-throw. How many times in any stories of Star Wars that had Jedis or Sith lords throwing sabers like a boomerang? Quite rediculous to me I think.

Unfortunately for you, I have given it away to a dear buddy of mine. Which today I found out he sold it for an eighth of an ounce of weed. Rofl.

I might go to Best Buy and get another one. It is only 20 bucks I think.
Don't worry and don't be sorry, I understand completely.
Aye. Work=money=bills=internet=your presence. Keep up the good work, mate.

Yes, I "failed to forget" that it can be awarded to the lowest-scoring player. I did keep that in mind. Thank you for noticing that.

I think that everyone here can agree that the lightsaber is the best single combat weapon (a lightsaber does little during an orbital bombardment, eh). Saber throw is overpowered and overused. Regardless of storyline, it destroys game play and balance by making heroes so ridiculous (especially Force-users/lightsaber wielders). I personally believe that game play/balance should take priority over a fictional universe's realism and physics.

With that said, I have to disagree with you and the "spirit of Star Wars," that heroes should be able to slaughter all, while decimating enemies and boosting death counts, as I believe that hero kills don't enter into the score screen's stats... though I may be wrong.

You ought to go ahead and purchase it again! I want to see you online. Sorry to hear about your friend's affliction.

See you later.
-Evix

R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > Release Day / The Day of Adumbration