lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
Uthar Wynn 12 20.00%
Yuthura Ban 35 58.33%
Neither... 13 21.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Uthar or Yuthura?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Fredi
El Guapo

Uthar or Yuthura?

Who do you prefer more? Master Uthar Wynn or Yuthura Ban and why?

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Do I have really have to comment? Yuthura all the way!

"All the things I wanted to do... all the wrongs I wanted to right... I haven't done any of it. They just get farther and farther from my mind. This isn't the person I was."

"There's still time to change that."

"You're right. Maybe what I needed most was peace after all. The Jedi tried to show me that. I don't know if I can ever go back to them, but my place isn't here. Thank-you, thank-you for showing me that."

Best lines in the whole game in my opinion.

PS: I would have also put in a 'neither one' option.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Yuthura all the way! She has such a tragic background...I think that's why I chose her.
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #4
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Uthar Wynn. He says "behooves"

I always just thought he seemed much more of a commanding Sithy than Yuthura did. And he let me get heaps of DS points once I found out the twist and wanted to switch sides!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.
*Presses some buttons*

I bestow upon thee a "Neither" option!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 05:26 AM   #7
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yuthura and her hot MILF voice!

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

i cant remember who... im leaning slightly toward yuthura...
ah yes, yuthura returned to the light, had a good story, and was nice. vote won!

Quote:
.... o_O

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
haha sorry my bad.

Well I like more Uthar, he is a very wise but in a evil way .Not only that is not like dose sith that wants to kill everybody when they see a person, he is like a calm sith, evil but calm.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Uthar is a true villain, not a pansy like Yuthura in any respect. Besides, he has a reasonable backstory, by which I mean one without all of the recycled "troubled past" nonsense that passes for Yuthura's character. In both villainy and general character, Uthar is standard; his apprentice is sub-par. Both are far outclassed by Jorak Uln, though, because craziness multiplies awesomeness.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
.... o_O
Agreed 100%

o_O

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #12
jrrtoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
I'm always disappointed when the "I hope that we can be something more than just friends." option goes absolutely nowhere. Dammit, BioWare.

Either way, I love double-double-double crossing both of them, and killing them in the end. Being a manipulative bastard is oh so enjoyable.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
They're both Sith, so they both die.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Uthar is a true villain, not a pansy like Yuthura in any respect. Besides, he has a reasonable backstory, by which I mean one without all of the recycled "troubled past" nonsense that passes for Yuthura's character. In both villainy and general character, Uthar is standard; his apprentice is sub-par. Both are far outclassed by Jorak Uln, though, because craziness multiplies awesomeness.
So you are one of those who despise Darth Vader? Yuthura Ban is like George Lucas's main character on a higher level. She may have been a bad Sith, but overall a much stronger character because she was able to confront the fact that she hated being with them and took it upon herself to change. Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Yuthura's pansy attitude towards the Sith: the sign of a coward.
Uthar's relentless loyalty to the Sith: the sign of an idiot.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.
Jorak was the Master of the Academy, so his power level has to be considerable. Besides, who cares about power or sanity? I just like his character. His insanity is one of the major reasons.

Quote:
At no point during K1 does Uthar's loyalty to the Sith (which we have no reason to believe is higher than any other Sith's) steer him wrong. In fact, his loyalty works well for him in one possible outcome; If the player is dark-sided and visits Korriban last, Uthar is willing to work for Revan if he reveals his identity.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 03-25-2009 at 08:58 AM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Yuthura, by far. Much more story, and I personally think that she is a great character.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #17
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Eh. I don't like either of 'em. Uthar is good because he kills that dude I give the wrong sword to (snickers as fem Revan racks up DS points and kills canon ), and I like Yuthura because she's a Twi'lek, and I happen to think Twi'lek's are awesome when they're Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunters/anything else that will blow your head off.

On the other hand, Uthar's voice grates on my nerves. Yuthura Ban annoys the stew outta me with her backstory (probably because I came up with a similar backstory before I ever played the game, lol ). I kill 'em both.

BTW--Darth Vader FTW!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 AM   #18
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
So you are one of those who despise Darth Vader? Yuthura Ban is like George Lucas's main character on a higher level. She may have been a bad Sith, but overall a much stronger character because she was able to confront the fact that she hated being with them and took it upon herself to change. Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Yuthura's pansy attitude towards the Sith: the sign of a coward.
i think tka was saying that he liked uthar's character when looking at it outside of the game. the quality of a written character of fiction, rather than whos stronger inside the game.

am i right tka..?

in game, id go for yuthura. out of game, id go for uln, as his part in the game was somewhat hilarious.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #19
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
In fact, his loyalty works well for him in one possible outcome; If the player is dark-sided and visits Korriban last, Uthar is willing to work for Revan if he reveals his identity.
And this depends on Korriban being the last planet, Revan being DS, and Uthar settling with being a servant to yet another Dark Lord. That's not a very promising outcome in the ONLY path where he lives. The other times, he turns on Revan and dies. When does his devotion to the Sith ever lead him to a better future? Not in ANY possible outcome I see... unless he kills Revan and the game ends there could Uthar advance. That's a possible outcome.

Yuthura could very well turn and return to Dantooine to die, but most likely departed Korriban after the assault. Cannon is usually what I would go by and assume that Uthar officially died and Yuthura turned to the lightside. Whether she lived beyond that is not determined.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 03-25-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #20
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
If I'm taking the light-sider route then usually Yuthura, but If I want to be really bad then I kill them both I can't eve seem to just side with Uthar.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #21
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
If I'm taking the light-sider route then usually Yuthura, but If I want to be really bad then I kill them both I can't eve seem to just side with Uthar.
I agree. I have chosen to kill them both, but when I found you could turn Yuthura back, I actually asked her about her past. Before, I just assumed she would have dismissed the question out of hand.

After she described her past and I could ask 'Has anything changed?' I knew she was not sure about the Sith anymore and had good reason to turn away. That was the most significant thing that made her different from Darth Vader. Where Luke said 'There's still good in you,' I just thought it was terrible that Vader turned back at those words. A better way would have been stating 'Your wife is dead and there's no point in serving your master anymore. You have nothing to gain and nothing worth losing anymore.' That would have been more moving in my opinion than anything Luke said to Vader.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #22
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
I agree. I have chosen to kill them both, but when I found you could turn Yuthura back, I actually asked her about her past. Before, I just assumed she would have dismissed the question out of hand.

After she described her past and I could ask 'Has anything changed?' I knew she was not sure about the Sith anymore and had good reason to turn away. That was the most significant thing that made her different from Darth Vader. Where Luke said 'There's still good in you,' I just thought it was terrible that Vader turned back at those words. A better way would have been stating 'Your wife is dead and there's no point in serving your master anymore. You have nothing to gain and nothing worth losing anymore.' That would have been more moving in my opinion than anything Luke said to Vader.
I agree, Yuthura is much more interesting as character than Uthar ever was. The fact that you actually can persuade her to return to Dantooine, unlocking extra dialog adds that much more development to her character whereas Uthar just gladly accepts the academy and everything goes on as usual...boring.

I think if Luke had said that he would definitely had gotten a more emotional response out of Vader.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Current Game: Jade Empire
Hand's down Yuthura

“They find themselves… or find themselves lacking.”

My Mods At Kotorfiles
DarthYuugi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #24
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
.... o_O
Quote:
Agreed 100%

o_O
Oh, come on!

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"

School must have been awfully dull for you.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #25
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Oh, come on!

Read my story and you'll see just what I think of Yuthura.

Tamara Phillips, the voice actress, is gorgeous! She was absolutely perfect for the character. It's only too bad she isn't in much else.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 03-27-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #26
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
yes, every male whos ever gone to school has wanted to get with the teacher.

including the ones with hirsutism.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #27
Q
The one who knocks

TMI. TMI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yuthura
Tamera Phillips, the voice actress, is gorgeous! She was absolutely perfect for the character. It's only too bad she isn't in much else.

OMG, she is a MILF!

RAWR.

-Toker

Last edited by Q; 03-27-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #28
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Oh, come on!

well there was this one teacher in ninth grade...
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #29
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
I prefer Uthar.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #30
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

So are there any reasons people really like Uthar w/out taking Yuthura into account? If there were a Uthar like him/hate him poll, are there any who would say they just like Uthar; or do they happen to like him more than Yuthura?

Same question for those who just voted for Yuthura because they hated Uthar.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #31
Feagildin

Current Game: KotOR
Yuthura. She's a chick. I dig chicks.

Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #32
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
I say Yuthura Ban, she's got lightside options.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #33
darthwarman
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
I agree, Yuthura is much more interesting as character than Uthar ever was. The fact that you actually can persuade her to return to Dantooine, unlocking extra dialog adds that much more development to her character whereas Uthar just gladly accepts the academy and everything goes on as usual...boring.

I think if Luke had said that he would definitely had gotten a more emotional response out of Vader.
I chose niether. I never knew that was possible. Playing light or dark I killed both because niether one of them trusted me.
darthwarman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 AM   #34
Allronix
Forumite

Uthar was a charasmatic Sith, but still a pretty typical Sith with his "If I must explain it, you don't belong here" vibe. Yuthura did more to explain the Sith in six minutes than Lucas did in six movies (MAJOR Kudos to Drew & David at Bioware for cooking her up!). She explained the ideas and the Sith philosophy in a logical, thoughtful manner that gave structure behind the apparent cackling madness, and made it seem almost a damn shame that the Sith and the Jedi had to constantly kill one another.

spoiler:

And when you befriend her, and she walks away in the end? Since I play Korriban AFTER the big reveal, I see it as a fitting touch. You didn't just save her. You saved yourself.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #35
mattig89ch

you know, i've never acually sided with uthar. I think i'm going to do that on my next play through, just to see what happens.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Yuthura had more depth as a charachter. Both are important minor npcs in KOTOR, but she was better written than he was. Frankly, I've played out all the options w/regard to the fates of both. Seems like a waste otherwise.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #37
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I sided with Uthar, he seemed to be a very interesting character, like Yuthura, they both have potential for an interesting background{like how Darth_Yuthura wrote a rather famous fic on Yuthura}

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #38
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Actually I wanted to try out both of them, so saved just before I had to choose and tried both sides Uthar was better because he didn't betray me....

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #39
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Yeah, but depending on how you play it you can have trouble w/Uthar too. Much depends on how you handle the 2x cross before entering the tomb.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #40
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Light or dark I'd rather just off both of them. Petty little creatures that they are.

Yuthura had a better background, uthar was more of a challenge to get approval from but frankly it's all for naught anyway.

No I don't care that I can redeem her.

Looks at freshly dead twilek with tattoos. Hmm.....Necrophelia anyone?

Quote:
Spoken like a true champ.

Quote:
You dirty old man.

.......oh wait! P.K.B.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
They're both Sith, so they both die.
I knew there was something likable about your style. A fellow murd--I mean fighter of justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
<snip> I kill 'em both.

BTW--Darth Vader FTW!
What is FTW? I have seen it several times now and wonder what it means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Yeah, but depending on how you play it you can have trouble w/Uthar too. Much depends on how you handle the 2x cross before entering the tomb.
I can handle the whole thing if I wanted to. But it's more fun to just kill them both.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Uthar or Yuthura?