lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #281
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Scorpius View Post
Bugs for characters

Kannos, he has 2 problems although the second is good.
spoiler:
Kannos is still selectable for missions after he joins the Syyth
Kannos can use Lightsabers and wear Robes even though he's not a Jedi/Sith

In the case of the first one, how were you able to complete the game? Revan is supposed to replace him, and he's a madatory character for the Coruscant level. Did he replace a different character?

As to the second, it was deliberate and I'm happy to say it. Canderous and Tsig should be able to use them too.

They can't specialize in lightsabers etc, but I think they should be able to use them as a basic weapon.

Thanks for the info about the Shadow, I'll look into it.

I think the Korriban problem was solved in the first patch.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may:
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #282
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
In the case of the first one, how were you able to complete the game? Revan is supposed to replace him, and he's a madatory character for the Coruscant level. Did he replace a different character?

As to the second, it was deliberate and I'm happy to say it. Canderous and Tsig should be able to use them too.

They can't specialize in lightsabers etc, but I think they should be able to use them as a basic weapon.

Thanks for the info about the Shadow, I'll look into it.

I think the Korriban problem was solved in the first patch.
Shadow explains Revan's place.

Don't use Tsig or Canderous on missions, unless required.

Korriban problem wasn't solved, I did the patch.

Edit: No luck on Tsig and Lightsabers.

Double edit: Neither can use Lightsabers.

Triple Edit: I made a slight mistake, Kannos seemed to replace Shadow post-Syyth, now that I've started again.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones

Last edited by Wedge Suron; 03-20-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Update
Wedge Suron is offline   you may:
Old 03-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #283
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Shadow explains Revan's place.
Ah, I see. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, what happened with Kreia on 'planet x'? Did you temporarily recruit her or did it just not happen?

Quote:
Korriban problem wasn't solved, I did the patch.
Darn it. I'll have to look into it.

Quote:

Edit: No luck on Tsig and Lightsabers.

Double edit: Neither can use Lightsabers.
Well that's strange. They definately both can on my version.

I'll have to go scratch my head over that one.

PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #284
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

You missed the 3rd Edit, Kannos replaces Shadow not Revan on the post-Syyth.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #285
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
You missed the 3rd Edit, Kannos replaces Shadow not Revan on the post-Syyth.
Thanks for the clarification, although I still have no idea how it might have happened.

Don't feel you to go off and find out, but I don't suppose you remember exactly what happened? Did Kannos replace the Shadow at the exact same time that Revan became a party member?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #286
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

I duuno when it happened, I just noticed it on the way to Coruscant just before the final part.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #287
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Even as a conversion mod, i think the story of this was in many ways on par with TSL itself.

Let me just make some points

spoiler:

Freedon Nadd's Apprentice

A nice angle to work the rationale of the Doctor being a jedi. The only thing wrong is that Tsig seems to notice nothing when the player leaves the tomb. Even just "What are you doing with that lightsaber?" and a simple retort from the player would make a bit more sense.

As to the tomb itself, the tests aren't bad, but i would contend with saying that most of them are nothing but easy fights, one being a simple non-problematic walk through mines. Though early in the game at that point, a bit more of a fight wouldn't be a stretch.

Revan
The voice wasn't bad, but i would have left Revan voiceless, or if possible have some one with a commanding voice do his lines.

The tomb you find Revan in fits, only i'd think he would ask a bit more about why you wanted to find him.

The dialogue at the senate is very well written, though with some vocal breaks and a bit more character i'd would be even better.

The Eagle
It was a nice idea to use GOTO's ship as the main player ship, but its a bit more spacious then you'll ever need. Namely since not many large scale events happen on the ship itself.

Nemesis
A bit of a mix of layouts, but it could be said it was a merger of ships from Malachor, held together by the darkside.

The Ending
The ending i liked, even though i only played through the darkside ending. With this, im sure many weren't fond of wasting Revan. Though, Im not one of those. Feels nice trashing the legacy of both a Great Jedi Knight, and a Great Sith Lord, then becoming a Virtuoso Ruler of the galaxy. Though i seriously wish you could have more followers in doing this. Surely those Syyth powers you gain could have some massive influence towards them? Even if it is fun wasting them, seems a bit better to make them see from your point of view, rather then closing their eyes to everything.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may:
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #288
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

spoiler:
The Fallen Sith in the academy attack eachother, is that normal? They're friendlies before attacking me one by one.
I just got an apprentice and now have 2 of Kannos

Kreia joins as normal.

Just for future reference, where can I find Rimi after I make her my apprentice?

Last edited by Wedge Suron; 03-20-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:57 AM   #289
DarthVrook
Rookie

On your ship in the Force Field where Kannos was as you enter the eagle the first time
DarthVrook is offline   you may:
Old 03-21-2009, 06:28 AM   #290
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

After I recruit her.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #291
DarthVrook
Rookie

at that place where u can live the ship to the enemies ship at example
DarthVrook is offline   you may:
Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #292
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Bug:
When i try to upgrade Bastila's light saber it shows no crystal and the game crashes.

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may:
Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #293
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Common thing, you can't upgrade it. I've seen a mod that uses it before.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #294
FaZzZa99
Rookie

A thought regarding Revan

I've had a thought regarding Revan, seeing as he has left the known Galaxy for some time, what if the Revan which appears in this mod is actually like a projection or mirage of his self which has been concieved by a power which he has taught himself during his mysterious travels, and have him speak in some form of ancient Sith dialect (which i'm sure one of the alien soundsets could fill in for) this would cause slightly less heartache as it could excuse a lack of voice overs for Revan, and play into the actual Star Wars storyline abit more since he (his actual self) supposedly never returned from the unexplored regions. Perhaps having a scene of Dark Side powers flying all over place and his projection or mirage can spawn from it. This could give him a more mysterious and eerie atmosphere, and attempt to please those who abide by canon.

I haven't actually played this conversion yet, nor am i trying to tell you how to go about it, Just one of my many creative thoughts

Last edited by FaZzZa99; 03-28-2009 at 07:38 PM.
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #295
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

That's an interesting concept.

However, Revan will have a real voice eventually since Trex has cast me as Revan's voice actor. I'm not sure about the details of when a version of the game will be released with my voice in it, but I do know that it will come eventually.
Gavaroc Fevinor is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #296
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Seeing as he has cast you there'd no sense in using Alien VO's then
You must have a hawt & commanding voice if your going to be the voice of Revan
Old 03-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #297
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

I have a commanding voice at times.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #298
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Quote:
I have a commanding voice at times.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #299
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

I wouldn't know how to start with doing VOs tho

Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #300
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Hi all. A little while ago I made a comment about posting a big list of all the cut content. Here's a start on it, followed by a list of what will be implemented by me in the forthcoming 2.0 expansion.

Original Story - spoilers for anyone who hasn't played through yet.

Show spoiler

I don't know if I'll ever be able to make a list of every little intended thing which was removed. Once I'm finished version 2.0, I'll try and get down a nice long detailed list.

Now here's a list of what I'm going to be adding :
- The whole thing will be fully voiced. Gavaroc is indeed voicing Revan, and I have people for the other main characters as well.
- Dxun return. After completing your first planet, you will be able to return to Freedon Nadd for more training. This will unlock prestige classes and new Force powers.
- There will be more subquests, specifically on Coruscant, but at least one more on each planet.
- There will be three new possible apprentices. One in particular I'm making as an 'x' apprentice. You will be able to download a small patch to change them into around 20 alternatives, so people if they want can have Visas Marr or Handmaiden in it (I will be taking on requests if there are others people want).
- I willing be adding the ability to more directly affect your apprentices (alter their alignment, skills etc)
- There will be one new planet to explore (secret for now)
- The plague subplot will be resolved (orginially was cut because czerka was delibrately maunfacturing the plague and cure. I felt it was too similar to Tsig's chacter quest).
- More romance resolution.
- Maps
- Limited journal entries. They won't be as in depth as Kotor2, but they'll be good for reminding you what you're supposed to be doing.
- Better game balance, new custom weapons, some new Force powers.

- Needless to say, bugs will also be resolved and typos will be fixed.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #301
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

It's a great plan, but 1 problem with the Prestiege classes. You need to be level 15 minimum for any and have a strong alignment either way.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #302
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex
- The whole thing will be fully voiced.
You mean, completely everyone, everywhere, or just guys that are a bit more important for a plot? And, are you going to use real people or you're still using some computer generated voices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Scorpius
It's a great plan, but 1 problem with the Prestiege classes. You need to be level 15 minimum for any and have a strong alignment either way.
You don't. It's just scripted that way in Kreia's dlg, it can be changed by simply changing conditional script.
zbyl2 is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #303
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyl2 View Post
You mean, completely everyone, everywhere, or just guys that are a bit more important for a plot?

EVERYONE!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But yes, every single little Npc in the entire mod will have a voice, and I've gotten numerous real, actual people to do the parts.

People seem to be okay with Kannos and the Shadow's voices, so I'll just be keeping them but making sure all lines have sound files.

EDIT : And yes, like zbyl2 says you can introduce a prestige class at any time/level. It just depends when you use the script.

Last edited by Trex; 03-28-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #304
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

Any chance of Jolee Bindo making an appearance in further releases of this game?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #305
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavaroc Fevinor View Post
Any chance of Jolee Bindo making an appearance in further releases of this game?
I'm afraid the models of certain Kotor 1 charcters weren't included in the Kotor 2 game. Jolee is one of them, along with Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar, original Canderous, and probably others I'm forgetting.

I may try something like it, but the only way to have Jolee is to alter another model to look like him (which isn't too easy).

Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #306
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Or skin one.

Canderis is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #307
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Bastila looks quite old for someone who i estimate should be in her late 30s
Trex, did you get my PM?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #308
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

One of the earlier posts will sort that problem.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #309
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Oh, i see, must have missed that
Old 03-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #310
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
I'm afraid the models of certain Kotor 1 charcters weren't included in the Kotor 2 game. Jolee is one of them, along with Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar, original Canderous, and probably others I'm forgetting.

I may try something like it, but the only way to have Jolee is to alter another model to look like him (which isn't too easy).
Zaalbar wouldn't be too difficult, though, any wookie would look enough like him :P You're right about the rest, unless someone makes some kind of mod that adds their models to the game.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #311
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Jolee would be like 80 around the time of this mod anyway

By the way, are the Aratech G0-T0 Droid series present in this mod?
considering they started being manufactured after Revan left for the unknown regions and seceded 16 planets from the replubic about 100 years after TSL , i'd say they deserve somewhat of a role

Personally i don't like the whole idea of an "alternate universe" kind of thing (Makes me think of Futurama )
So heres a little something could help things stay abit canon, maybe shove it in somewhere at the end (again, i'm not trying to tell you what to do, but i have a little bit of a habbit of trying to make sure my ideas are out there ) it leaves abit of fertile ground after it also

3 Decades Later, remnants of the Sith emerged from the mysterious unknown region beyond the broad rule of Galactic Replublic and infiltrated the Library of the Republic of Coruscant. Their intentions were unknown, it appeared as if they were after something, something which they took it upon themselves to insure was taken, or perhaps forgotten. They left behind no trail, but a single holocron was missing. Their intentions forever remain a mystery, but no longer do records remain of Revan's legendary return from the unknown, perhaps it was a move on the part of the Sith to misguide those who looked back on history into believing that their legendary saviour never returned from his conquest beyond the known worlds, or perhaps something much deeper was about to unfold...

Last edited by FaZzZa99; 03-29-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #312
Cyborg07
Lurker

The mods to look very good but I have a little problem ...
The subtitles will not appear to me?
Cyborg07 is offline   you may:
Old 03-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #313
zbyl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg07
The subtitles will not appear to me?
Do you have no-english language version? If so I know how to fix it.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #314
Cyborg07
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyl2 View Post
Do you have no-english language version? If so I know how to fix it.
Effectively it is not the English version...
Cyborg07 is offline   you may:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #315
zbyl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg07 View Post
Effectively it is not the English version...
So download TLK Editor from http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php
then go to your main game directory and find file called dialog.tlk. Open it in TLK Ed.
Now go to file/set language and change it to English.
It should work fine for you.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #316
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Before starting a version 2, Id get all the bugs sorted out, there is a tremendous amount of them. Perhaps getting some experienced beta testers, who will know what to look for, etc?

No I am not volunteering by the way, I dont have the time.

HK-42 is offline   you may:
Old 03-30-2009, 01:18 AM   #317
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
Before starting a version 2, Id get all the bugs sorted out, there is a tremendous amount of them. Perhaps getting some experienced beta testers, who will know what to look for, etc?

perhaps the 2.0 patch will include bug fixes?

My brain spawned another possible idea!
Cassus Fett, the most wanted man in the galaxy, served under Mandalore the ultimate has was very influential in areas throughout the Mandalorian society, and was only "presumed" dead, Perhaps he could make an appearance and attempt to claim the title of Mandalore himself, perhaps even his hatred for the Republic and concepts of a New Mandalorian order taking over could convince him to form somewhat of an alliance with the Sith (it wouldn't be the first Mandalorian/Sith alliance, and could possible somehow lay the base for the Sith/Mandalorian alliance in the Great War).

My ideas may not matter, but i have a feeling that if i keep this up i'll stumble onto something groundbreaking

Last edited by FaZzZa99; 03-30-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #318
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post

Almost all the bugs are already fixed. The only ones to resolve are the crashes during the final battle (when the player switches characters).

The 2.0 will also be acting as a large patch.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #319
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Not to mention sorting the balance issues.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #320
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Few Questions:
Is Mandalore the preservers helmet available for Canderous to equip ingame?
Will Sith Lords from the KoTOR II be featured as worthy opponents, or pushovers?

Anyone have any opinions on my ideas? (i know they may not matter to many, but i'd appretiate a brief opinion from anyone who took the time to read them)
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters