lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What is your favourite reign?
The Republic 10 47.62%
The Empire 7 33.33%
The CIS (confederency of Independant Systems) 2 9.52%
The Rebellion 0 0%
The JEDI 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: What is your favourite reign?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
The Dark Lord
Rookie
 
The Dark Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33
Current Game: sw force unleashed
What is your favourite reign?

Mine would be Republic although the Jedi do come pretty close.
The Dark Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Fredi
El Guapo
 
Fredi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Germán,PR
Posts: 1,305
I like the CIS, don't know why but is my favorite above all of the other.



"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,191
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
The Republic for sure, in it's several incarnation the "Republic" encompasses so may awesome era's... I understand that the Empire ruled during the Original Trilogy but there's so much more to the continuity


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
The Galactic Empire - encompassing Palpatine's Empire, the Remnant, and the Fel Empire.

Great uniforms, nice ships, unashamedly evil but undeniably charismatic characters, and the ingle best theme music in Star Wars.


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
CIS, just because of Darth Maul


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran
 
Serpentine Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Not there yet.
Posts: 879
Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
^ I thought Maul was gotten rid of before the CIS ever came into being...


Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #7
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,760
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Is there anything cooler than Stormtroopers and Tie Fighters? No.



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 04:30 AM   #8
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,143
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
CIS, just because of Darth Maul
What?!
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend
 
Alkonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Divinity's Reach
Posts: 3,882
Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Including the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance, I'd say the Republic. Or the Jedi.

Alkonium is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine Cougar View Post
^ I thought Maul was gotten rid of before the CIS ever came into being...
Not according to BF2. When you play on the Naboo level as the CIS on BF2, the hero is Maul.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,760
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
^CIS in the BF games is a general term for groups like the Trade Federation. The CIS wasn't actually established until Episode 2 at which point Maul was already dead.



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,143
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
Not according to BF2. When you play on the Naboo level as the CIS on BF2, the hero is Maul.
Yet, is non canon. Darth Maul is never connected to the CIS.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Bounty Hunters But if I have to choose: Republic.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer
 
Mandalore The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Desert
Posts: 286
Current Game: KotOR II
Mandalorians but of your choices: Empire the republic is feeble and besides storm troopers have those cool suits


My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Yet, is non canon. Darth Maul is never connected to the CIS.
But he DID command droids.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,143
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
But he DID command droids.
Where?
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Where?
Lego Star Wars the Video Game



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
And the movie, duh! Also the BFs.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,760
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
^So what's your point...?



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #20
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
The Empire, because they were pretty ****ing badass.

/imperial march


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 AM   #21
Pho3nix
#rekt
 
Pho3nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,370
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
But he DID command droids.
Where?

Yes, he did send some of his own probe droids to search for Amidala on Tatooine, that doesn't mean he was aligned with CIS. His true allegiance lies with the Sith.

Also: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_maul#Appearances

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 AM   #22
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
The Galactic Empire - encompassing Palpatine's Empire, the Remnant, and the Fel Empire.

Great uniforms, nice ships, unashamedly evil but undeniably charismatic characters, and the ingle best theme music in Star Wars.
Agreed.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > What is your favourite reign?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.