lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSLPatcher v1.2.10b1 (mod installer)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #281
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod916 View Post
For some reason, the 'button' at the bottom right hand corner of the screen does not appear. [It never has]
That's a weird interface glitch that some people have reported seeing, but I've never been able to figure out since I can't reproduce it. Essentially the content of the window ends up larger than the window itself, so the button (and right side scrollbar in the text box) gets pushed outside the window boundrary and thus becomes invisible. (I suspect it might have something to do with using certain resolutions or DPI settings, but that's just speculation.)

Anyway, as a workaround you can use the keyboard quick key to "press" the install button. Hold down the ALT key and press S, and the installation should start.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #282
Pikmin

Ohh, I see you like ME?

Heh, I've run into a problem while testing an installer, and it has the strangest thing happen when it starts to compile the scripts.

Quote:
• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Documents and Settings\....\TSLRP Compatibility Installer\backup\Modules\506OND.mod". The system cannot find the path specified (0)
It didn't look for a Modules folder in the backup when modifying the GFF stuff.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #283
knight 12167
Rookie

Where can one find the readme for this?

Never was anything great achieved without danger.
knight 12167 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #284
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
If you downloaded the file from the link provided by stoffe, it should contain a ReadMe in pdf format.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #285
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Admiral View Post
If you downloaded the file from the link provided by stoffe, it should contain a ReadMe in pdf format.

- Star Admiral
Quite a good one indeed. Even I could understand it.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #286
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Red face A new STRUCT ID for the journal?

I need your help Stoffe!! again ... I have problem in ChangeEdit with the global.jrl, I changed the fields after doing the append.tlk but the StrRef entries are added to STRUCT ID 0 instead of the last one (117 or bigger) so I'll overwrite the garage tutorial I guess ...
How do I indicate through the GFF Field and Value boxes that the STRUCT must be added following the last one?

ah! almost forgot ... can I type text like it is seen in the global.jrl regular structs in the field Tag, I mean, not using a StrRef?

thanks on advance!

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #287
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Cool Guy Done

Found how ... thanks anyway folks ...

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #288
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
None of the mod downloads on StarWarsKnights work for me! Does anyone know if I could find it somewhere else?
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #289
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth-me View Post
None of the mod downloads on StarWarsKnights work for me! Does anyone know if I could find it somewhere else?
Have you tried right clicking and choosing Save As...?

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #290
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
A question, if I may. I want to edit existing journal entries, but am at loss how to do this using the TSL Patcher.

From what I understand, the TSL Patcher can't edit existing StrRefs in the dialog.tlk file, which would've been the easiest way of editing the journal entries. So I need to turn to the global.jrl file. I've read that the TSL Patcher treats the global.jrl as a GFF, and can add new entries to the global.jrl. But can it also edit existing entries in the global.jrl file? If so, I could redirect the StrRefs in the global.jrl entries to new entries in the dialog.tlk file, which could then be easily used by the TSL Patcher.

If it isn't possible, can someone point out to me another easy way of editing the global.jrl file?

My apologies is this has been asked before.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #291
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
A question, if I may. I want to edit existing journal entries, but am at loss how to do this using the TSL Patcher.

From what I understand, the TSL Patcher can't edit existing StrRefs in the dialog.tlk file, which would've been the easiest way of editing the journal entries. So I need to turn to the global.jrl file. I've read that the TSL Patcher treats the global.jrl as a GFF, and can add new entries to the global.jrl. But can it also edit existing entries in the global.jrl file? If so, I could redirect the StrRefs in the global.jrl entries to new entries in the dialog.tlk file, which could then be easily used by the TSL Patcher.

If it isn't possible, can someone point out to me another easy way of editing the global.jrl file?

My apologies is this has been asked before.
How very odd that I have very nearly the same question.

In your case, it depends on which existing .jrl entries you are talking about - specifically original .jrl STRUCTs or modded/added ones. The original .jrl STRUCT ID #'s are fixed, and so the original entries should have correct references to the .tlk as well considering we only append to the end of the .tlk. If you are wanting to edit/replace original .jrl entries, you would be able to enter STRUCT ID of your entry, and replace that entry with your new one, using the TYPE ID with that specific STRUCT number rather than "ListIndex".

I could be totally off base... but that's my 2c.

I just finished working with TSLPatcher for the first time, and worked things out pretty well. However, I was not sure how I might be able to detect existing duplicate STRUCTs in a modded global.jrl. I know that the merging of the .jrl does a comparison and then appends, and I may have simply missed a step that does this check. It seems reasonable that this is not possible or very time consuming/difficult, which is similar to Miltiades' query. I hope that I also have not also posted an old/answered question, and would be happy to know the thread link if I missed it!
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #292
LEEch37
Lurker

Unhappy Yeah...help?

Umm, i kinda asked for help almost like a year ago now but no one answered my question lol. The download link on 'StarWarsKnights.com' doesnt appear to work, as everytime i download the TSLPatcher i am given an unknown file that the computer doesnt recognise instead of an '.exe' file or a compressed folder, ether one i am guessing is suppose to be the correct file format.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong or provide me with a different download link for the TSLPatcher?

Any help would be appreciated
LEEch37 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #293
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
LEEch37, I just tried the link and it works fine the file is a .7z file extension and that is a 7Zip file. You can open them with newer versions of WinRar and the 7Zip program.

Anytime you have a file format you don't recognize simply put it into a search engine like Google and you can get your answer far faster.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #294
LEEch37
Lurker

Post Ahh thanks

Thank you for your help RedHawke I shall get the 7Zip program now
LEEch37 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #295
Kado Sunrider

Current Game: KotOR, again.
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Is there a version of the readme not in pdf format? for some reason my computer doesnt want to open it.

Chapter 12 of Renewal released!

Chapter 2 of Heir to the Force released!
Kado Sunrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #296
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Is there an easy way to uninstal ..ie restore the back up files? or do we have to search out their location one by one and restore them by hand> I may have to turn off or revert to the vanilla game to get a sequence to run, and may need to ininstall the REstored Content mod. thanks for any suggestions on this.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #297
jimbo32
Rookie

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to modify a dlg file with the same name in two different rims. I tried setting it up with two "!Destination" entries separating the sections, and it looks to have failed miserably (I wasn't terribly surprised, but you never know until you try it).

In case anyone's curious, it's "unk41_carth.dlg" - it's the same filename used for both the discussion on the Ebon Hawk when landing on the Unknown World (in "ebo_m41aa_s.rim"), and the beach scene following the temple (in "unk_m41aa_s.rim").
jimbo32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #298
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
My fist attempt with the TSL patcher did not go so well. I followed the instrux, at least I thought I did, as well as stoffe's step-by-step instrux in this thread. Her step by step instrux helped me with heads.2da's. I was able to get the correct tokens into the appearance.2da for the correct npcs.

My problem is with appearance.2da and placeables.2da. The appearances are off, characters on referring to the wrong appearance line. My custom placeables do not show up at all - I do have the mdls and mdx and woks in override as well as utp's.

What I did for each is created a specific 2damemory token and assign it to the RowIndex for each per insturx. It was my understanding that is all I needed to do. Is there more? Do I need to include the RowLabel from my own 2da's as well?

Any help or clarification would be much appreciated. I'm going to start over from scratch and redo my changeedit.

EDIT:

OK, I think I figured out what I need to do. I need to edit the each individual gff file appearance 'tokens' for the utc's and utp's in order to get them to show right. My question, can the destination for the gff editor using the tslpatcher be the new .mod folder or should I put them to override. What is the order in which they are installed? Does the gff editor do the changes before the mod files are installed thereby being useless or after the files are installed to the respective folders?

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder

Last edited by newbiemodder; 07-23-2010 at 04:58 PM.
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #299
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemodder View Post
OK, I think I figured out what I need to do. I need to edit the each individual gff file appearance 'tokens' for the utc's and utp's in order to get them to show right. My question, can the destination for the gff editor using the tslpatcher be the new .mod folder or should I put them to override. What is the order in which they are installed? Does the gff editor do the changes before the mod files are installed thereby being useless or after the files are installed to the respective folders?
Files that are just moved to a location (like .mod, .erf, .rim etc) will be done first before any of the files that should be modified are touched. This is done so modified files can be inserted into archive files. IIRC the patcher processes things in this order:
  1. TLKList - new entries that need to be inserted into the dialog.tlk file. If the patcher finds an existing entry that exactly matches a new one it'll use that one instead of creating a duplicate.
  2. InstallList - files that are just copied to the game folder (or sub-folders) as they are. This shouldn't contain any other files that gets directly modified by the sections below; only files that does not need to be modified, or custom archive files (ERF, MOD, RIM) that will get modified files inserted into them by the sections below.
  3. 2DAList - 2DA files that need to be changed are processed next. This allows storing relevant line numbers and such in memory tokens so they can be inserted into other file types (usually GFF files) as needed. Individual 2DA files are processed in the order they are listed, which is important when 2DA files refer to lines in other 2DA files. The 2DA files to edit are first taken from the existing files in the game folder, and if not present it uses files from the TSLPatchData folder that gets copied to the proper location. As such 2DA files listed here shouldn't be on the InstallList (above).
  4. GFFList - GFF type files are updated and installed next.
  5. HackList - file byte hacks gets done next.
  6. CompileList - Scripts that needs token substitutions made before being compiled and inserted into the correct location.
  7. SSFList - Soundsets that needs the proper TLK table references updated.

With reservations for a hazy memory. I haven't touched this thing in over 3 years so I might not remember everything correctly.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #300
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
On adding a line to a 2da file - would I have to specify something for each column, or would it just fill in the unspecified columns with the needed "****"(meaning the asterisks)?

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #301
Andrei Gijgorev
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR2:TSL (ARCAGE)
Can I overwrite a dialog.tlk entry instead of just appending it? The readme doesn't really help me here...

Edit: It seems overwriting dialog.tlk is indeed impossible. So what do I do if I want to use StrRefs in a 2da file that should completely overwrite an existing one, i.e. not just modify some lines?

Edit2: Nevermind...

inglisch not beeink native lankuich. no point flamink beecaus of missteycs.

TSL mods: ADJEC | ARCAGE

Last edited by Andrei Gijgorev; 10-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Andrei Gijgorev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2011, 02:18 AM   #302
bellboy
Lurker

uuuuh am i the only one having the issue of tslpatcher not applying changes to appearance.2da, baseitems.2da, or spells.2da, i went and looked through the changes that were supposed to be made and from what i can tell everything was typed in right it just isnt applying them. is this a re-occuring issue or just my bad luck, cause i keep having to go into kotor tool and manually enter in all the changes which is beginning to become just plain annoying.
bellboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #303
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

So, according to the first post, you can use TSLPatcher to insert files directly into .mod files already existing in modules.

Question is... how? Since I really need that feature for some of my own mods (.git can't be in override and many files that share their name across many modules)

Any help would be welcome, since I couldn't find how to do so...
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #304
Darth DeadMan
Rookie

Current Game: StarCraft II
Quote:
So, according to the first post, you can use TSLPatcher to insert files directly into .mod files already existing in modules.

Question is... how? Since I really need that feature for some of my own mods (.git can't be in override and many files that share their name across many modules)
If I remember right, you just need to set your *.mod as install_folder in changes.ini.

For example, we need to add some files to 903Mal.mod and some other files to Override. So [InstallList] part in changes.ini should look like this:

Code:
[InstallList]
install_folder0=Modules\903Mal.mod
install_folder1=Override\
At the end of file we write the list of files which should go to our module and to override:

Code:
[install_folder0]
Replace0=g_dark_app01f001.utc
Replace1=g_dark_app01m001.utc

[install_folder1]
Replace0=pmbhm.mdl
Replace1=pmbhm.mdx
Files from [install_folder0] section will be addded to ou 903mal.mod, and files from [install_folder1] will be copied to Override.
Of course, you can have more than just one module as install folder, just be sure to give them proper numbers.

I'm not sure if it's possible to configure this with ChangeEdit, 'cause I've never really used it (I configure all my installers by hand with text editor).

Stay metal, live forever, never die!

My mods @ DeadlyStream
Darth DeadMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #305
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Post #1:
Thanks... will give it a try

Would be very handy if it works...

Post #2:
Sorry for double-post but...

Worked like a charm. And made me realize I made an error too in my previous mod using TSLPatcher which I should fix...

Post #3 (new):
Okay, new question. I have a lot of smaller mods on deadlystream, and plan to make many more. Eventually I want to compile them all into one installer so I don't take up so much space in the downloads section .

I know you can use TSLPatcher to set up many different installs, which is why I'll make this installer with tslpatcher, using a different info.rtf and changes.rtf per mod.
Is there some way that allows users to checkmark multiple mod installs at the same time and then run them all? Or do they *have* to restart the installer after each mod for the next mod...?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #306
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

New question...
For a mod I have to have 4 different versions of 1 .ncs. Do I really have to make 4 seperate installations (not that this makes the installer really big).
Or is it possible to name then xxx1.ncs, xxx2.ncs etc, install the proper one and have TSLPatcher rename the file in override?
Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #307
NightStalker786
Lurker

Trying to install "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" for KOTOR 1. It keeps saying
"WARNING! Cannot locate the INI file "Changes.ini" with work instructions!" even though the file is there in the patch data.
Then directly after that, it says "Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application" even though it already is.
What the hell is going on?
NightStalker786 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > TSLPatcher v1.2.10b1 (mod installer)