Thread: The 'what are you playing' thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #41
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Watch_Dogs
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
There is a new field in your User Profile Details page for specifying the game you're currently playing. This will show up below your avatar when you post.

<-- see

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #42
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Give you a few hints for my PS2 title currently: It's in liberty city and it is a prequel. I am an Italian guy calling people ass-hats.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 AM   #43
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story.

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #44
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!
Aww. Well, proved my suspicions...I made the better choice

Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name )
I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price. Happened to Jedi Academy. And some others like Marvel VS Capcom 1&2. ! was stolen from me though. :curse:
Quote:
I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story.
I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2. Then again, my electronics shop table is looking mighty sexy to me right now...I've got a few projects in mind. ^_^
I may just get lost in diodes, resistors, capacitors and ICs...with some lasers.

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool. Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE (it was a gift and I seriously can't afford jack as it is right now), because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

otherwise I'd get megaman 9 (GO RETRO 8-BIT, BOYEEEE!), SF2 turbo (hell, just about any SF game), other classics

Quote:
Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...
Hm. so mafia IS all that, eh? Coolness. You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

The guy just wanted to throw some stuff out. He himself seemed like a mafia-ish apartment owner tossing out some schmuck's stuff, real quick, real cheap.

I'll let you guess how much I paid for it...or little...if you care to.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #45
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
HOOOUSE OF THE DEEEEEEAAAAAAAD OVEEEEERKIIIIIIILL!!

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #46
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Thumbs up

I'm not really playing anything right now...Unfortunately... I am doing a 30 day free trial for Gamefly. I just sent in the two games I was renting so yeah... I am hoping to get mailed GoW 2 next. I CAN'T wait until Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising comes out.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #47
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I have gotten back on the wagon (off the wagon?) and am playing WoW again. I never made it to 80 before I took about a 4 month break so now I am back at it, at 76 right now. Hopefully I will be 80 soon enough as that is when the real fun begins.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #48
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name )
I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price.
Perhaps, but I advise you to try to get it for (at most) half the original RRP - and keep all expectations quite low. There was one bug in particular that irked me - cars disappearing from some garages. Whether or ot that was fixed for PS2 I don't know!

Quote:
I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2.
Do, absolutely. It's great fun - and the Freeride/Freeride Extreme modes really make it!

Quote:
GTA 4 is MAJOR cool.
It really is.

Quote:
Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE...because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.
Accursed Microsoft XBox thing...

Quote:
You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it [Mafia] for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.
I remember that in another thread! And yes, I was very envious of your good fortune. Still, I managed to find my PC version for about £5, so not too bad!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #49
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

Also replaying the original Half-Life!

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #50
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.
That is also a piece of sheer brilliance in gaming! I alway choose Western Rome and start setting history right. Of course, their campaign is devilishy difficult at te start, but some abandoning of cities ruthless re-conquest and general toadying usually does the trick until the treasury builds up again!

Oh - and I just started TSL again. I doubt I'll see it through to the end, but it's fun to go back to it after a while!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #51
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I'm currently playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS), and Peggle (XBL).

Professor Layton is like the perfect game for me, because I absolutely love puzzles, mind benders and riddles, and the ones in this game are truly brilliant. They are just the right level of difficulty to get the little grey cells going, and give you a great sense of satisfaction when you figure them out. The game is presented beautifully in it's setting and text, and Layton himself is as charming as Sherlock Holmes. One of the best games to come out on the DS in a very long time.

Peggle is simply one of the most addictive games there is. I got it yesterday, sat down and hardly moved from the sofa until I'd completed the Adventure section. Play the XBL demo, and you'll see exactly what I mean, or check it out on Steam.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #52
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
gonna see the Professor Layton movie when it comes out, leXX?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #53
leXX
Forum Mum

I sure am. My kids are really looking forward to it too.

make life bearable.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #54
Jeff

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Well Lynk and I beat RE5 last night. Only took 16:45, and we took our time exploring, not as long as I had hoped it'd be, and not as long as 4. In any case it was very enjoyable. So now that I am done with that (for now) I had also picked up No More Heroes for Wii so I've beaten the first two bosses so far, and then like I mentioned earlier WoW.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #55
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

FIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

oh and for the lulz: http://www.twilightlynk.com/2009/03/...gaming-habits/

Old 03-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #56
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
I'm currently playing Combat Arms, Animal Crossing:City Folk, and Rygar: the Legendary Adventure.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #57
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Haven't played any games for a while...kinda bored of video games at the moment.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #58
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

I'm playing CoD: United Offensive online, MoH: Airborne online, and F: Fuel of War online...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #59
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Call of Duty World at War

The Force Unleashed

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #60
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
TFU? Wow, is it just your first time playing through?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #61
Ibelin
Rookie

Empire Total War
Homeworld 1
Neverwinter nights
COD4 multi.
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #62
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Republic Commando
LotR: Conquest

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #63
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank:Going Commando
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee
CTR(Crash Team Racing)
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #64
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon View Post
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee
+10 cool to you. I absolutely LOVE that game.

make life bearable.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 AM   #65
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
GRAW 2.

Stupid MP missions- they never said you needed more than 1 person to complete most of them!

*grumbles at having to wait until the end of the month to get gold XBL*

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #66
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

FCEU emulator: CastleVania 3 original from japan--WOW, this music sound is incredible compared to the version the us console got--apparently didn't come with the extra channels for the improved music and sound quality. I want a famicom now.

Then it's back to liberty city in 1998.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #67
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Just started playing Project: Snowblind today. It isn't all that great, but definitely worth $10.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #68
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Interrupted my Mask of the Betrayer playthrough for another run through KotOR2 with TSLRP. I'm quite lucky there are so few games that really interest me these days. gives me the time to catch up on some classics and play some games for a second time (like Mass Effect).

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #69
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Forza Motorsport 2.

A little late to the game, I know, but it's still awesome!

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #70
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Currently started to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I dunno if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I answered the questions at the beginning as myself, and was embraced by the Malkavians... I was hoping for Brujah.

Of course with the Malkavian, I tend to see my answer almost word for word in the dialog choices....

AHAHAAHAHAHAHA... oh wait.. um... no.

plus I love the way the responses are typed all funky wierd...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #71
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.

leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

My kids and I are playing Rock Band 2 and we are just having a total Blast with it. I actually practiced some of our favorite songs in hard mode before they got home from school yesterday. They were absolutely ecstatic that I'd d/l'd the Spongebob songs, so of course we had to play those. Point Man laughs when we sing Eye of the Tiger and Hello There at the top of our lungs.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #72
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (I had to take great pains to steal his copy), and its pretty slick. Needs quite a bit of patience and I can't play it for really long stretches, but it has that special quality of making you want to come back to it and get into more espionagy hijinks. The controls are a bit clumsy to use though, could have used more fluidity.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #73
Jeff

I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #74
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.
Hope you like it as much as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.
Was great fun. We have to do that way more often.

I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.

Also waiting for Riddick to be released on the 24th.

make life bearable.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #75
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.
For what system did you purchase Eternal Sonata? Hmmmmmm?

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #76
leXX
Forum Mum

360 for £10.

make life bearable.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #77
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
360 for £10.
Augh! You're killing me leXX when they ported it to PS3 they added some new storyline events, made a couple of new characters playable, changed something related to the costumes and I think there might have been an extra dungeon, not too sure about that last bit. No achievements though. I shouldn't be one to complain either, not like I have the game XD.

Anyway to try stay on topic a bit, let's see, I just finished No More Heroes recently, been playing Professor Layton recently, I'm stuck on puzzle 12 I think, grrrrr. Oh and of course, Pokémon Platinum

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #78
jrrtoken

I finally got around to buy Deus Ex, and I've been verily enjoying that, especially with my week off. The level design is brilliant, and really is reminiscent of Dark Forces in the way that every level is complex and realistic.

Other than that, I'll probably buy Platinum soon for my DS, but since there's also at least ten other DS games that I also want to play, I'll have to probably get one for now, which means that I'll probably get Hotel Dusk and Lock's Quest later on. But then, there's also The Dark Spire, Myst DS, Professor Layton, and others that I still want to play, so that'll be a hard one.

So many games, so little time/money.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #79
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Big fan of the Elderscrolls series so I thought I'd give the Bethesda company another shot with their (non ES) Fallout 3 title.

Wow. Having a blast with the game

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #80
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.
Oh I'm loving those conversations. I find myself giggling every oportunity I have to talk to someone. It's made me hunt around for more people to talk to haha. Actually it was kinda on your recommendations(from the Lucascast) as your gaming seems to match more closely with mine.

spoiler:
I actually wasn't surprised at all by the two daughters of Janus Therese and Jeanette. It was obvious from when I first met them. I just finished the ship part. So far, I think I like playing a Malkavian... the response for Did you see anything strange when you see Lacriox was identical to what I said(before I saw the responses), "I see dead people" and of course one of my favorite quotes(thus far) "Death is not as peaceful as I had hoped"

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > Tosche Station > The 'what are you playing' thread