lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revans role in the galaxy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
qmanjr5
Lurker

Revans role in the galaxy

O.K, I know he found the Star Forge, and he was the dark lord and all.
But, is he important other than that? Like, for example, Darth Sion was immortal.
Does Revan have any like, special place in the galaxy?
qmanjr5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

He ended up the same way that he started, I think that's pretty much it.

Last edited by Giant Graffiti; 04-10-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
qmanjr5
Lurker

In KoTOR 2, Kreia says something about revan ... lol sorry to be so vague, I can't remember what she said.

I was just wondering what he is, cuz well, it's just a weeird thing that's been bugging me. I know he's really powerful and stuff, and he found the star forge, but i thought he was something like, else
qmanjr5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
ShinDangaioh
Rookie

Revan was power. Looking at him was like staring into the Heart of the Force.

In the Darth Bane novels, Bane took Revan's teachings when Revan was a Sith Lord and remodeled the Sith into the version seen in the movies.
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Bane took Revan's teachings when Revan was a Sith Lord and remodeled the Sith into the version seen in the movies.
As a basis for his own Rule of Two, Bane used Darth Revan's opinion that a Master should only train one student. It seems an odd statement for Revan to make, however, since he himself trained several apprentices at once (the title crawl at the beginning of KotOR 1 categorizes Malak as "the last surviving apprentice" of Revan). With that in mind, it would be difficult to ascertain approximately when Revan made his holocron.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
As a basis for his own Rule of Two, Bane used Darth Revan's opinion that a Master should only train one student. It seems an odd statement for Revan to make, however, since he himself trained several apprentices at once (the title crawl at the beginning of KotOR 1 categorizes Malak as "the last surviving apprentice" of Revan). With that in mind, it would be difficult to ascertain approximately when Revan made his holocron.
Yeah, when I read that part of the Darth Bane novel it seemed to me that the only reason it was Revan's holocron rather than that of some other Sith was that the author had worked on KotoR. The whole "only one apprentice" never seemed to be important to Revan in the game...

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
The Sith Lords of K2 were vastly overpowered for their own sake (and psychologically debilitated). In any event, Revan also led the Republic to victory against the mandos, killed Malak later on and apparently departed to his own demise on the Unknown Regions.

Think that's good.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #8
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Revan became the 'heart of the force' (as Kreia put it), led the Republic to victory, conquered the galaxy, survived an explosion that was meant to kill, become a Jedi Knight again, and lead the Republic to victory again, (technically, the Republic won, but at the same time, lost because it was crippled) than went off into unknown territory to ward off the thing that he was afraid of. I'd say he had a productive week. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
He ended the same that he started, I think that's pretty much it.
Wet, screaming, and crying?
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
Wet, screaming, and crying?
No, unconscious. That did happen at the end of KotOR, right?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
That did happen at the end of KotOR, right?
Before KOTOR, he was attacked. At the beginning of Kotor, he was asleep. At the end, he gave Malak a dirt nap. Other than that, no.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

I was pretty sure that he was injured or something at the end... I'd better play the first game again.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Revans role in the galaxy